XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Eibach lowering springs....

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 11:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah. Different strokes for different folks...

Like when I met Cindy Crawford and she said " You're cute". Best I could come up with was "You're no Brooke Burke but I like your mole".

I let her down gently...

Old 07-03-2011, 01:01 PM
Received 71 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by jagular
Perhaps. The question is: by whom? I back the factory guys as knowing how to make their car better. Aftermarket guys rarely improve a car though they sure change it.

Anything built by man can be improved upon and this includes factory built cars. It has come to a point in our world today that even many factory built cars can be ordered with after market parts. If I'm not mistaken, Brembo brakes started as a after market company and now you can order them on a factory production car. The after market world has grown to a muilti billion dallor world with alot to offer and I'm sure auto builders take note and allow alot of aftermaket design into their builds... I'm sure that car designers would use more parts from the aftermarket world but they are stuck with certain limitations that stop them from doing so.. Price of the final build being the most important along with what will last for the masses and not the individual.. IMHO

Old 07-04-2011, 10:51 AM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Exactly. Although, there is probably no one better equipped than the Jag folks to turn the XF into the ultimate performer, that doesn't mean that they did or they will. The bright engineers at Jaguar have to work within a specific set of parameters. Mass produced cars are designed and engineered to meet certain performance marks not to be the absolutely best performer they can possibly be. There are cost restrictions, the need to share parts across models, fuel efficiency goals, the need to build in characteristics that the "average" consumer will expect, etc.

A lot of aftermarket performance mods may indeed be more hype than substance but the factory engineers aren't the only folks capable of squeezing more performance out with a few tweaks ala the XFR. Besides, very very few of us drive our cars anywhere near its limits so making a mod for the sake of look or sound at the expense of a little comfort or performance at the limits is worth the tradeoff for those who do it.

Last edited by duke_dallas; 07-05-2011 at 02:24 PM.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:53 AM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Speaking of fender gap, does anyone do it better than BMW straight from the factory?

1fine1 - I have a set of Eibachs I may be getting rid of if you're interested. I was going to install them after my wheels, but I'm liking the stance as is.

Old 07-05-2011, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by duke_dallas
1fine1 - I have a set of Eibachs I may be getting rid of if you're interested. I was going to install them after my wheels, but I'm liking the stance as is.
Thanks for the thinking of me, but I will be leaving mine as is for (at least) a while longer.
New purchase=LOW FUNDS!

Also, the factory stance is growing on me - I think I like!

Old 11-01-2016, 08:43 AM
Default Eibach !?

Originally Posted by Manofsteel
I am looking to lower my 09 s/c XF... I bought a set of Eibach lowering springs yesyerday and should arrive tomorrow. I'm wondering if anyone has lowered a XF and were there any problems after install? I lowered my Lexus GS with Tanabi lowering springs, and I got a good "vibration" when idling, and a little "wobble" when initially accelerating. This was a common problem, and not just my car.
I'm just curious if any Jag (preferably XF owners) have had any issues like this?
Thanks
Hi. Yesterday I was reading all critical comments on this item. But, I also bought set of Eibach springs for my XF. So now I only want to know or you placed them on your XF and what is your experience? Pictures?!
Grtzz from the Netherlands.

Old 11-01-2016, 04:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,126 Likes on 2,304 Posts

I put Eibachs on my old XFS (3.0 V6 twin turbo diesel) and didn't have any problems at all. They improved the looks and stance quite a lot, the car sat better through the bends and corners, and the ride was only a little bit harder. Here's a pic:

Old 11-02-2016, 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by OzXFR
I put Eibachs on my old XFS (3.0 V6 twin turbo diesel) and didn't have any problems at all. They improved the looks and stance quite a lot, the car sat better through the bends and corners, and the ride was only a little bit harder. Here's a pic:

Thanks, completly convinced.