XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Eurocharged ECU tune and pulley combo

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 09:42 PM
Received 99 Likes on 77 Posts
Default Eurocharged ECU tune and pulley combo

So there has been a lot of discussion about tunes and pulleys. ETG, Eurotoys, Spires, and Paramount, just to name a few. Well I have been browsing the MB forums and a lot of guys are using Eurocharged, so I called them and they do a tune pulley combo or one or the other for our cars. It's the best price I has seen from any competitor. Tune and pulley $899 claiming 50hp or just tune for $750 claiming 30hp, or pulley which they said was rated at 3lb of boost for $150 claiming 20hp. I think the combo is unbeatable at $899, they told me that they also would be interested in a group buy as well. I wish someone else would call that has more experience than me and maybe ask more questions that I might have missed. I know Bigcat is very knowledgable.

Old 07-04-2013, 07:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts

I will ask the 2 other member here with an XFR and XKR to chime who tried this combo. We did 1/4 mile, Dyno test and they fell very short of the claims. But to back up my quote I will see if they want to chime in. 1 of them is also a dealer for the product as I got my Eurochargeg tune from him for my E63 AMG which worked pretty well. It was said the Eurocharged tune for the Jag is a copy of the Veizu/Eurotoys tune.

Old 07-04-2013, 07:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts

The red flag for me was when I called them and asked them why are all the power gains specs different across all the 5.0L platforms with the tune and pulley and they had no answer and never got back on an answer. Go look at all the different claims posted on each car in the link. They are just a rebranded/boxed seller of the tune I mentioned and all the gains are the same. Jaguar Performance and Tuning They claim speed limiter bumped up to 200MPH, False. Stock is 155 and we all get stuck now at 175 on all the tunes we tried. Not sure a 600hp Jag will hit 200 but it should not shut down at 175 if there is no limiter.

Last edited by BigCat09; 07-04-2013 at 08:05 AM.
The following users liked this post:
edobernig (07-05-2013)
Old 07-07-2013, 09:55 PM
Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

I am not all that interested in "tuner tunes", I'll hold up for someone offering to put factory XFR-S or XKR-S tunes on XF S/Cs. Factory programming + engine hardware combos go through thousands of miles and hundreds of hours of engine dyno tuning. No tuner can ever do that.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:57 AM
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

I have a Saab with the factory authorized Hirsch tune, and when tested the tuner tunes were more spot on, as there continued to be additional testing that Hirsch was no longer interested in doing, so as the cars aged tunes were available to reduce torque, deal with different fuel re-formulaitons and octanes,

I am a big beleiver that the factory get to just good enough and bails, no longer interested in doing development work and that there is plenty more left in the safe zone to tweek...

Old 07-09-2013, 05:13 PM
Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

It's not that the factory does a half-assed job, and tuners do more work with better results. It's that the factory has to engineer its tunes more conservatively, for one or both of two reasons:

1) to cover for bad gas, hot weather and other extreme though rare conditions that over thousands of cars around the world might lead to engine damage if there is no "safety pad" built into the tune;

2) to allow mechanically identical engines to be uprated electronically, providing significant performance gains for virtually no increased manufacturing costs, yet large price premiums from customers.

From all I've read, Jag certainly has employed # 2. So, if for example Ecu Tuning Group can literally provide the factory's XKR-S tune to the mechanically identical engine of the XKR, Dwight is right--it's an effective and safe way to boost power, assuming that the XKR's other systems have been engineered with sufficient margin to handle that power, which by all accounts I have read is not a problem.

Old 10-04-2013, 05:19 PM
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Eurocharged Performance Tune on 5.0 XKR

I've decided to move forward with a performance tune from Eurocharged Performance. I have not asked if they are an OEM provider of the Viezu ECU remap but I will. My reasoning was it is half the price of ETG and they opened a local shop with the co-founder onsite who will do the work. They will do a before and after Dyno so I will have the results for all to see.

The following 2 users liked this post by UsmaXKR2010:
UltBlkXF (10-05-2013), xkrrrrr (02-25-2015)
Old 10-05-2013, 09:13 AM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

where is the shop that you're getting this done at? I see you're in DC - I'm in MD and may try too if you have good experience

Old 10-05-2013, 12:49 PM
Received 135 Likes on 108 Posts

Looking forward to the before and after dyno results...

Old 10-05-2013, 03:53 PM
Received 102 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by UsmaXKR2010
I've decided to move forward with a performance tune from Eurocharged Performance. I have not asked if they are an OEM provider of the Viezu ECU remap but I will. My reasoning was it is half the price of ETG and they opened a local shop with the co-founder onsite who will do the work. They will do a before and after Dyno so I will have the results for all to see.
I do hope your results are quite positive! It will be very interesting to see a well documented before and after result for the Eurocharged tune. My attempts to gain any information from the company in regards to their testing data have failed. Their claims to have spent "hours on the dyno" are not back by any hard evidence that I've seen. Although I received one email from the company with my initial inquiry, they have not responded to my second nor third email.

I have emailed ECU Tuning Group as well and have receive a bit more information than Eurocharged. It seems that ETG does in fact source their initial tune from the XFR-S. What they do with that data beyond the factory Jaguar parameters are unbeknownst to me, however, I do feel a bit more comfortable knowing this information. The individual who he is referring to with the documentation is assumed to be BigCat09!

In any case, please keep us posted!

Attached Thumbnails Eurocharged ECU tune and pulley combo-ubcdymp.png   Eurocharged ECU tune and pulley combo-kngmjkn.png  
Old 10-06-2013, 11:23 AM
Default Response to UltBlkXF

EuroCharged Performance has recently opened a shop in Sterling, VA. with dyno - see location below. I have been working with Paul, a partner of Jerry Thornton. Although I respect the work being done by ETG, it was important to me to have a local one stop shop for my cars needs. Paul has been very accommodating and I am looking forward to working with him on this tune.

Jerry - thanks for clarifying that the Jaguar tune is completely your work and I am looking forward to seeing the results. I am sure your team will do an exceptional job.

I will publish the before and after results once completed by the end of next week. This is good and vital information for other Jaguar owners.

Paul Sullivan
Eurocharged Performance
21606 Cedar Lane, Unit 190
Sterling, VA
www.eurocharged-dc.com
(703) 444-1525 - Office
(571) 528-7822 - Cell
paul@eurocharged-dc.com

Old 10-06-2013, 12:15 PM
Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts

Nice, I grew up on a farm outside of Leesburg so I am very familiar with that area. All of my family is still up that way. Definitely let us know how the tune goes!

Old 10-07-2013, 08:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 426 Likes on 306 Posts

I know I speak for many others on this forum that if you can show significant HP improvements, verified on the dyno, for about half of the cost of ETG, that they will get a bunch of us as customers.

Old 10-07-2013, 08:50 PM
Received 71 Likes on 64 Posts

BigCat09,
Where did you get your done at.. I'm leaning toward giving ECU a chance.. 2K is steep but some times you get what you pay for.

Old 10-08-2013, 09:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 426 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by Redjaguar100
BigCat09,
Where did you get your done at.. I'm leaning toward giving ECU a chance.. 2K is steep but some times you get what you pay for.
I know BigCat got his from ECU. I've read his posts a number of times on the subject. Looking forward to some dyno numbers from Eurocharged to see the differences.

The following users liked this post:
Redjaguar100 (10-15-2013)
Old 10-11-2013, 02:54 PM

The EuroCharged tune is done and the results are in. I will post the Dyno charts later. I have a few questions about the chart results before I post them. The bottom line is an 18.8% increase in rwhp which is very respectful!

Before - The best dyno run on my stock 2010 XKR (510bhp) produced 382 rwhp and 349 of torque.

After - the best dyno run after the tune and pulley install produced 454 rwhp and 408 of torque.

For $1,075 that included the tune, pulley and the two dyno runs - I believe a gain of 72 rwhp is a "best" value win.

Unfortunately, I have not had a chance to take the monster out because its been raining here constantly for two days - I will post the dyno charts once I've had a little more consulting about the charts and more real world driving comments after this weekend.

Old 10-11-2013, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by UsmaXKR2010
The EuroCharged tune is done and the results are in. I will post the Dyno charts later. I have a few questions about the chart results before I post them. The bottom line is an 18.8% increase in rwhp which is very respectful!

Before - The best dyno run on my stock 2010 XKR (510bhp) produced 382 rwhp and 349 of torque.

After - the best dyno run after the tune and pulley install produced 454 rwhp and 408 of torque.

For $1,075 that included the tune, pulley and the two dyno runs - I believe a gain of 72 rwhp is a "best" value win.

Unfortunately, I have not had a chance to take the monster out because its been raining here constantly for two days - I will post the dyno charts once I've had a little more consulting about the charts and more real world driving comments after this weekend.
That is a nice gain and to be expected from a pulley swap and tune combo. I am surprised at the baseline numbers though, was it a mustang dyno? 25% drivetrain loss is a lot for most RWD vehicles...although every one is different.

Looking forward to seeing the dyno charts.

Old 10-11-2013, 06:53 PM
Received 135 Likes on 108 Posts

Thanks for posting.

Now that you have a baseline vs. tuned on the same dyno, it would be interesting to see the tuned results on a different dyno. Sounds like that one was reading quite low.

Awesome results for the money.

Old 10-11-2013, 10:58 PM

Yes, I was shocked by the rwhp ratings and that is why I am waiting for more answers before posting the dyno charts. What have others found to be their rwhp ratings on the 2010 XKR?

Old 10-12-2013, 07:56 AM

What gear were the dyno pulls run in? I seem to remember reading on here that better results are had in a specific gear (4th vs. 3rd maybe?). Some of the other guys who have dyno'd their cars can probably offer more thoughts.

Quick Reply: Eurocharged ECU tune and pulley combo