XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Front license plate ideas

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2018, 10:52 PM
AKW
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front license plate ideas

So...the front license plate.... is a real eyesore to look at; so damn big, chunky and out of place. Any of you guys mod or make changes to yours?? Obviously this question is geared to states, where it's illegal not to have it and Canada; UK plates dont look that bad as it fits in that slot. I live in Ontario so it is illegal for us not to have it too. I thought of not putting it on at all or in the windshield, but in my last car I got 2 tickets with 3 months for no front plate..even though i had it in my windshield.

This is how i had it on this car, until i got 2 tickets. Then i moved it to the side like the evo style.

Last edited by AKW; 10-11-2018 at 10:56 PM.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 3,127 Likes on 2,305 Posts

The F-Type guys in North America rave about the Sto-N-Sho license plate bracket, see here: https://bigmikesperformanceparts.com/

Old 10-12-2018, 12:43 AM
AKW

Originally Posted by OzXFR
The F-Type guys in North America rave about the Sto-N-Sho license plate bracket, see here: https://bigmikesperformanceparts.com/
that's not too bad but would it work with a front lip? Because I plan to add that sometime soon...

Old 10-12-2018, 12:56 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by AKW
that's not too bad but would it work with a front lip? Because I plan to add that sometime soon...
It should, most F-Types have front plastic "whiskers" and it works OK with them.
Just search the F-Type pages for "sto n sho" and you should find some info about fitting it on a car with a front lip/spoiler/whiskers.

Old 10-12-2018, 02:38 AM
AKW

It should, most F-Types have front plastic "whiskers" and it works OK with them.
Just search the F-Type pages for "sto n sho" and you should find some info about fitting it on a car with a front lip/spoiler/whiskers.
The set ups for each car is different,. So like the f type comes with a front lip, so it's already accommodating for that but neither the xfr or xfrs come with a lip. I was wondering how would a euro style front plate go? Legally speaking, so like obviously I will have the same ID as my rear plates and with it having a canadian flag instead of a euro flag.

Old 10-12-2018, 03:11 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by AKW
The set ups for each car is different,. So like the f type comes with a front lip, so it's already accommodating for that but neither the xfr or xfrs come with a lip. I was wondering how would a euro style front plate go? Legally speaking, so like obviously I will have the same ID as my rear plates and with it having a canadian flag instead of a euro flag.
I suggest you search the page I linked to, for example here is their page for Jaguar: https://bigmikesperformanceparts.com...-plate-bracket
As you will see it lists "2012-2015 Jaguar XF Luxury Sedan" as a link which shows some more detail and info.
Now whether or not that bracket perfectly fits your XFR (which as we know has a slightly different lower grille and valance/splitter than the "cooking" XF) I don't know, why don't you call/email the seller and ask them? They would also know if a Euro style plate would fit/work.
Disclaimer - I had a permanent front plate bolted to the front bumper of my old XFR (and on my F-Type) as it is illegal here in Australia to not display both front and rear plates 100% of the time, that plate was a "slimline" plate which was barely wider than the bottom part of the bumper (the bit immediately under the grille) so it didn't look overly ugly, and I have no use for or interest in the Sto N Sho bracket or a Euro style plate.

Old 10-12-2018, 10:29 AM
AKW

I suggest you search the page I linked to, for example here is their page for Jaguar: https://bigmikesperformanceparts.com...-plate-bracket
As you will see it lists "2012-2015 Jaguar XF Luxury Sedan" as a link which shows some more detail and info.
Now whether or not that bracket perfectly fits your XFR (which as we know has a slightly different lower grille and valance/splitter than the "cooking" XF) I don't know, why don't you call/email the seller and ask them? They would also know if a Euro style plate would fit/work.
Disclaimer - I had a permanent front plate bolted to the front bumper of my old XFR (and on my F-Type) as it is illegal here in Australia to not display both front and rear plates 100% of the time, that plate was a "slimline" plate which was barely wider than the bottom part of the bumper (the bit immediately under the grille) so it didn't look overly ugly, and I have no use for or interest in the Sto N Sho bracket or a Euro style plate.
yeah I checked the site the first time; it looks alright. I guess I will fall back to that if anything. I just dont want to block the grills at all. As for the euro plate, I'm more concerned about the legal issue of having a euro front plate. Do you have any pics of how your plate looked??

Old 10-12-2018, 05:59 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by AKW
yeah I checked the site the first time; it looks alright. I guess I will fall back to that if anything. I just dont want to block the grills at all. As for the euro plate, I'm more concerned about the legal issue of having a euro front plate. Do you have any pics of how your plate looked??
I don't have any pics of the front plate other than those showing my newly fitted home-made DRLs where the combination of the DRLs and the camera flash washed out the plate big time (it was really silver lettering on a black background), but here is one of those pics;

Old 10-13-2018, 05:58 AM
AKW

I don't have any pics of the front plate other than those showing my newly fitted home-made DRLs where the combination of the DRLs and the camera flash washed out the plate big time (it was really silver lettering on a black background), but here is one of those pics;

you see that's not bad, I like that. Is that your real plate ID? if so is it legal or have u been bugged about it?

Old 10-13-2018, 07:01 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by AKW
you see that's not bad, I like that. Is that your real plate ID? if so is it legal or have u been bugged about it?
Yep, it's a genuine and legal plate.
My old XFS was "JAGXFS" and my F-Type is "GD2BBAD".
In most states of Oz including where I am in South Oz you can get customised or personalised number plates in either standard size or slimline and in various colour combinations, the only downside is they cost - either a once off fee of around $200 for the simpler ones (like JAGXFR and JAGXFS) or $220 every year for the more non-standard ones.

Old 10-13-2018, 05:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 426 Likes on 306 Posts

I was worried about this a few years ago. I had the front bumper resprayed after my tow hook cover went missing. I purchased a bracket that screwed into the underside of the bumper so I wouldn't ruin the new paint job.

However, I enjoyed the look of no front plate so much I put off mounting it up for a bit. Years later, still no plate. Still no tickets either. I've decided I'm going to mount it when I have to get the first ticket signed off.

Old 10-13-2018, 09:39 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

I have a front bracket for my Jag that does not require me to drill holes in the bumper. It mounts to the lower grill. I got it from Sly brackets

.com