XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Headlight modification

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 11:37 AM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by chXFS
Here is a thread from another Jag forum were a guy did this, has before and after shots, looks great!! I hope the link works.
Originally Posted by chXFS

That is great. Helps out a lot. It looks like the lens just pops out but the reflector is built into the lens. I have purchased a headlight from another board member and once I get it and have time I'll start working on something.

I have ordered stuff from ExLed before. That is who did the Jaguar XF headlights which started this thread. I am in talks with them for the parts and if what they did is available in a kit. I personally do not want this but others may. I want a more uniform light coming from the front. More like the newer Audi's.

They are using these blocks for the lights
exLED Q-BLOCK 2 F/L SMALL Type - Clear Version <1ea>

They use light spread film for the turn signal. I have used this and it works well.
exLED Light Spread Film <Width : 11.8 inch, Height : 39.37 inch>

I have attached my wonderful paint idea haha. I am thinking of having the light uniform on the edges. This will have a dual color LED white and amber. White for DRL and Amber for signal lights. The middle will be a white reflector. I believe this will be harder to do than what ExLed has done, so if it does not work I may try the ExLed way. I am also playing with the idea of an Amber demon light. This is technically legal. Using red or blue is illegal.

Also open to ideas and suggestions.

Picture 1 is for DRL
Picture 2 is for signal lights

Attached Thumbnails Headlight modification-jag2.jpg   Headlight modification-jag3.jpg  

Last edited by nate96; 07-28-2014 at 01:50 PM.
Old 02-12-2016, 04:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 513 Likes on 333 Posts

Here are my blacked out headlights. I had them cut open and modified, even moving the parking light to the high beam tunnel (didn't affect the high beams at all). Only issue is now, after two years, the interior has become slightly cloudy from the fumes caused by re-melting the lense to the body. They are watertight but from what I've found out, the fumes deposit on the inner lense and cloud over time. I'm debating on finding a new set and attempting to bake them open, even though the first try wouldn't work. Jaguar glue is insane!

The following users liked this post:
Fancy_beast (08-28-2019)
Old 02-12-2016, 04:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 513 Likes on 333 Posts
Old 02-15-2016, 10:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by philhef

Here are my blacked out headlights. I had them cut open and modified, even moving the parking light to the high beam tunnel (didn't affect the high beams at all). Only issue is now, after two years, the interior has become slightly cloudy from the fumes caused by re-melting the lense to the body. They are watertight but from what I've found out, the fumes deposit on the inner lense and cloud over time. I'm debating on finding a new set and attempting to bake them open, even though the first try wouldn't work. Jaguar glue is insane!
What are the steps to baking them open and how do you reseal them yourself after?

Old 06-12-2019, 01:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The modification is just Right was just wondering where i can buy the lights and who can do it for me!!

Old 07-08-2020, 12:35 PM
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default headlamp conversion

Originally Posted by jaggy67
Hi guys - just trying resurrect this discussion... Has anyone been able to mod their headlights to have the professional LED strip look?

I reached out to the Russian guys at LEDTECH (from youtube vid) and they said they would still do the upgrades but it would cost $2000 and you would have to ship them your headlights.

So for me that means I would need to buy another set of headlights ($600 on ebay if im lucky) + shipping + $2000 for the upgrade.

So all in we are looking at close to $3000.

I know the ones they produced in that video are great looking, but I'm not sure if its worth $3000.

I have been calling around locally but all the shops I have talked to are not interested in the project... I don't need all the fancy sh*t that the guys from LEDTECH installed, really just looking for a professional looking LED strip.
I personally think you should keep it the way it is from the factory it's very sexy the way it is that's why it was so popular when it came out and people always turn heads and give me compliments on my 2010 xfr headlight conversions are not that big of a deal look at the way it looks now it looks very sexy and sometimes the older look stands out more than the modern light anyway if I wanted a more modern look I would have bought a 2012 and more just think about it being different is always good looking the same like everyone else is not in style