XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Help - locating Turbo Boost Sensor XF

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 01:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help - locating Turbo Boost Sensor XF

(Jaguar XF 3.0 V6 Diesel 2011 - added by GGG)

Hi All - I have the dreaded restricted performance message and the OBD11 readings show I have faults P0235 - Turbo/Supercharger Sensor and P006a (unknown)
The car was doing this intermittently over the last few weeks and would eventually give me an amber engine management light as well which I could clear using the OBD app.
CAr would then drive fine for a day or two.

Now it comes back almost immediately after clearing it and I have what I can only describe as a wheezing sound form the engine compartment on decelaration when in restricted mode.

I have done some basic visuals and checks on pipes but cant see anything split/loose or broken.

Other posts show that I should check / clean the MAP and MAF sensors - have downloaded an XF tech guide but it does not show location of the sensors or how to identify them.
Does anyone have a schematic or pictures / description on the sensors locations ?
Thanks to anyone who can help.

Last edited by GGG; 05-12-2016 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Add Model & Year
Old 05-12-2016, 01:53 PM
GGG
Received 16,818 Likes on 12,177 Posts

Welcome to the forum markieLKZA,

I've moved your question from Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center to X250 forum. Members here with the same model will be able to help.

Please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some info about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

Old 02-13-2020, 04:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by markieLKZA
(Jaguar XF 3.0 V6 Diesel 2011 - added by GGG)

Hi All - I have the dreaded restricted performance message and the OBD11 readings show I have faults P0235 - Turbo/Supercharger Sensor and P006a (unknown)
The car was doing this intermittently over the last few weeks and would eventually give me an amber engine management light as well which I could clear using the OBD app.
CAr would then drive fine for a day or two.

Now it comes back almost immediately after clearing it and I have what I can only describe as a wheezing sound form the engine compartment on decelaration when in restricted mode.

I have done some basic visuals and checks on pipes but cant see anything split/loose or broken.

Other posts show that I should check / clean the MAP and MAF sensors - have downloaded an XF tech guide but it does not show location of the sensors or how to identify them.
Does anyone have a schematic or pictures / description on the sensors locations ?
Thanks to anyone who can help.

Hello,

I gave the same problems/symptoms.
Did you solve the problem?
Would be great to hear from you (:

Regards flo

Old 12-25-2021, 04:43 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Having the same error (Performance Restricted) but I have a screenshot from SSD (JLR) this only happens with the engine under load, I can fire her up and rev her all day long with no issue. I have replaced the MAF, MAP and Turbo Actuator servo. The MAF and MAP are reputable makes (Bosch/Lucas), I suspect bad wiring, if it was an air leak I'm sure I would notice with such a high reading

Old 12-27-2021, 07:09 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

A quick update, I got the car on the ramps... The engine is usually spotless but there was oil running down the starter motor cable on the inlet manifold side of the engine... Turns out the expansion pipe from the intercooler to the throttle body was split, its a weird size... About 45mm on one side and 60mm on the other with a slight bend so it was hard to find something to patch her up until I get a replacement... She is running now