XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Jaguar xf 2009 differential?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 02:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jaguar xf 2009 differential?

Hi all! I am new posting on this forum but I've been using the answers A LOT lately. Thank you guys!

Recently I purchased an XF 2009 and did quite some work on it already (control arms(lower upper) front, and rear lower, ABS fault, diferential seal and oil)
Everythig seemed fine for the last 24 hrs car was handling better then ever and no leaks anymore).
I was making sure of checking if the diff was leaking (morning lunch evenings) since I read on here about the diff problems on a 09. Everything was good.
All of sudden today comming back from a short drive, the car started making weird noices (Like skreaching) from the rear end at low speeds. Decided to stop and check for leaks, to my surprise (well not really) saw a couple drops leaking. I then decided to take the car to my mechanic (5 mins away).
While I was driving there, out of the blue- no more noise, park it at the shop, check for leaks, no leaks.
Car was driving well during this entire time.

No leaks? Ok might be out if oil.
But no more ''skreaching'' noise?

Anybody can help me out please?

If the diff was busted: is there a possibility that the noise would stop?
Even with the noise and a couple drop leaks is there a possibility of the diff still being good if I still have oil in the servoir (since the noise stopped)? If so, what else could I check then?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-26-2017, 11:58 AM
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

You might get some more answers by posting over on the other subforum for the year that this car is in. I think the 2009 was the first year of the new design so more folks there might be more familiar with this particular problem.

Old 04-27-2017, 09:29 AM
pab
Veteran Member
Received 240 Likes on 207 Posts

Yes, you need to post this on the X250 list. There has been considerable discussion of that problem over the years.

You might not like what you learn, however...
==================================================
Jaguar: Grace, Pace, and Space - Sir William Lyons
2015 JCNA National Slalom Champion Class M
Current: '08 Jaguar S-Type 4.2 "Satin Edition" (250.06 whp / 259.67 torque)
Past: '05 X-Type 3.0/auto Jaguar Racing Green