XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Jaguar XF 2013 Car Wash

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 08:12 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Jaguar XF 2013 Car Wash

Hi everyone,

It's my second post here (first was about which model of Jaguar XF to get, Ended up getting a V6). I know there are a number of threads about car washes here and I did go through a number of them but they left me so confused I didn't know where to start with a car wash. I came across a post from one of the members here, Richard Dziak, that had two documents that listed the entire detailing process and I would have gone ahead with that had the temperature been right here. It's below 0 and I just wanted to do a wash to get the dirt off the car and make it look good. I can polish and wax when the weather gets little better. But for now I was thinking of getting a Meguiars Ultimate Wash and Wax, a lambswool mit and some microfiber cloths. I was going to hand wash by first spraying some water on the car and then using the lambswool mitt dipped in the Meguiars solution (with water) to clean everything. Then finally clean the solution off with water again and drying with microfiber cloths. Does this seem reasonable or am I doing something wrong here? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Old 01-07-2018, 08:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,057 Likes on 673 Posts

You're on the right track. I like to use something like this:

Amazon Amazon

I first got one so I could reach parts of my pickup truck that are unreachable otherwise, but I found that it also helps make quicker work of the job, with the longer/faster sweep compared to my arm so I use it on all the cars too. And if the temperature is very cold outside, I don't have to lean up against a wet car to reach the center of the roof. I'll fill some slightly warm wash water from the kitchen sink to keep my hands from freezing.

And the microfiber towels don't absorb well enough for drying. For that I prefer

Amazon Amazon

Just have to keep the materials clean, i.e. don't want anything getting imbedded in it to scratch the paint. Anything drops and touches the driveway and can't re-use it till its been thoroughly washed. You can get really **** with grit guards and the two-bucket method, etc. but sounds like at this point, the car probably awaits a full detail when it warms up anyway.

Old 01-08-2018, 07:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you for the reply and the link Phil! I will get the items you mentioned. I was planning to buy multiple microfiber cloths but having one of the second item should do.

Thanks again!

Old 01-11-2018, 09:13 AM
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

I prefer to always spray the car down with water first to loosen everything. Then most of the car washes work fine with the two bucket method with multiple sponges/microfiber sponge, Then, dry with multiple microfiber, cloths. By the way I don't use a sprayer when rinsing, I just run the water over the car and the water flows off. Spraying leaves multiple small beads of water and water spots.

Old 01-11-2018, 01:00 PM
GGG
Received 16,798 Likes on 12,167 Posts

Check the https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/d...g-car-care-20/ forum for discussions and advice on detailing.

Graham