XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Jaguar XF display screen flickering / flashing

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 11:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 436 Likes on 385 Posts

How does it get so full of water? Are all the other modules around it wet too?

Old 02-04-2016, 06:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BritCars
How does it get so full of water? Are all the other modules around it wet too?
I am not sure, i just bought the car. But after a heavy rain, i notice the carpets were soaked. Digging further on the net, i see its a common problem with owners.

Old 02-04-2016, 08:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 801 Likes on 669 Posts

If your carpets are getting wet are you sure the Moon Roof is not leaking? The drains are a known source of water leaks.

Old 03-09-2016, 11:54 AM
Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
Default get wet

Yes the other module are wet but they are made of steel so it just get rusty, but to be sure I secure the plug with duck tape lol.

just have to always put some rubbermat on the floor, bigger one for winter and thin one for summer.

Old 04-11-2016, 01:55 PM

Hello,
on my XF SV8 (2009), modules under driver seat was missing (used car).
So no Bluetooth or USB audio (I have premium audio Bowers & Wilkins).

I have found used Bluetooth Phone Control Module 7G9N-10D893-AF and installed it,
Bluetooth is working fine now (great!), last think to fix is USB/iPhone audio, the cable is rusted and need to be replaced (Ipod to AUU Module Wiring Harness Loom C2Z4708). What else I need to fix USB/Ipod audio? Only new C2Z4708 cable?
I have console USB/AUX/iPod socked in place.

Old 04-18-2016, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by stillka
Hello,
on my XF SV8 (2009), modules under driver seat was missing (used car).
So no Bluetooth or USB audio (I have premium audio Bowers & Wilkins).

I have found used Bluetooth Phone Control Module 7G9N-10D893-AF and installed it,
Bluetooth is working fine now (great!), last think to fix is USB/iPhone audio, the cable is rusted and need to be replaced (Ipod to AUU Module Wiring Harness Loom C2Z4708). What else I need to fix USB/Ipod audio? Only new C2Z4708 cable?
I have console USB/AUX/iPod socked in place.
Do you mean your usb/aux/ipod doesn't work or the box module under the seat was just rusted? Because mine was too but it's in metal so it doesn't really Matter water dont get in. For My part just changed My Bluetooth module and every thing was fine again !

Old 04-18-2016, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by jaguarxfv8
Do you mean your usb/aux/ipod doesn't work or the box module under the seat was just rusted? Because mine was too but it's in metal so it doesn't really Matter water dont get in. For My part just changed My Bluetooth module and every thing was fine again !
Hi, this module in metal box is missing + rusted ipad cable (connector on module side). What is the Jag code of this module? I have there only bluetooth module (plastic case)...

Old 04-25-2016, 12:45 PM
Default audio portable module

The module you're talking about is the AUDIO PORTABLE MODULE
Here are the picture of the module with code on it and cable for iPhone/ipad connection

Attached Thumbnails Jaguar XF display screen flickering / flashing-audio-portable-module.jpg   Jaguar XF display screen flickering / flashing-jaguar-connector-1.jpg  
Old 07-28-2016, 03:28 AM

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and I'm sorry for bringing this up again; I have the same fault in a 2009 xf. I've been told it is the ipod module, is this the same as the Bluetooth module? Also, how easy is it to refit the carpets etc? how long a job is it?

thanks in advance,

Chris.

Old 07-31-2016, 12:40 AM

Yes it's the Bluetooth module, all you have to do is unbolt the driver seat and take off just a little bit of the mat floor and work your way Under it but if you want space to work a suggest you take it all off. the hardest part to put back is Under the jaguar panel but I think you can take them off too.

Old 07-31-2016, 03:09 AM

Yes it's the Bluetooth module, all you have to do is unbolt the driver seat and take off just a little bit of the mat floor and work your way Under it but if you want space to work a suggest you take it all off. the hardest part to put back is Under the jaguar panel but I think you can take them off too.
Thanks, I managed to get the module out, but the grey connector is stuck. I'll need a new one, does anyone know what the part is please?

Old 08-31-2016, 03:38 AM

The module you're talking about is the AUDIO PORTABLE MODULE
Here are the picture of the module with code on it and cable for iPhone/ipad connection
Hi, I bought the APM from the ebay and fixed rusted MP3 cable, but there is another cable which need to be plugged to the module and I cant find it in car, this black square connector, any idea what cable I need?

Old 05-07-2017, 05:16 PM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Second metal box

I'm reviving this thread in hope someone can help. I have had the same flickering screen due to flooding of the driver side floor pan. I have purchased a used Bluetooth module but it did not work.

My question is if the bottom box needs to be changed as well. They are interconnected and it seems work together. The board on my blue tooth module looks OK but is was wet so I guess its history. The bottom metal box however looks in dire condition.

Thanks for any input.

Attached Thumbnails Jaguar XF display screen flickering / flashing-jagboard1.jpg   Jaguar XF display screen flickering / flashing-jagboard2.jpg   Jaguar XF display screen flickering / flashing-jagboard3.jpg   Jaguar XF display screen flickering / flashing-jagboard4.jpg  
Old 05-08-2017, 10:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,216 Likes on 1,754 Posts

Does that module need reprogramming to your car?
Many modules now a days are not plug and play.

Old 05-08-2017, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by clubairth1
I agree but from others on the thread I understand this is PLUG N PLAY

Old 05-08-2017, 11:33 AM
Default No

Originally Posted by clubairth1
it's plug and play

Old 05-08-2017, 11:37 AM
Default Change both

Originally Posted by Rique
I'm reviving this thread in hope someone can help. I have had the same flickering screen due to flooding of the driver side floor pan. I have purchased a used Bluetooth module but it did not work.

My question is if the bottom box needs to be changed as well. They are interconnected and it seems work together. The board on my blue tooth module looks OK but is was wet so I guess its history. The bottom metal box however looks in dire condition.

Thanks for any input.
The fist time I only changed the bluethoot module and it blew and couple mounth late .. I changed both box and no problem since ... I sugest you change both but it's expensive so check on ebay first ! And check all other component under and around the flooded zone because it might have been touched too! And when you reinstall the module I sugest you let some space in between the box module and the floor otherwise water will always touch it !

Old 05-08-2017, 12:08 PM

The fist time I only changed the bluethoot module and it blew and couple mounth late .. I changed both box and no problem since ... I sugest you change both but it's expensive so check on ebay first ! And check all other component under and around the flooded zone because it might have been touched too! And when you reinstall the module I sugest you let some space in between the box module and the floor otherwise water will always touch it !
I got a used Bluetooth box and changed it and no results. I will get the second box as well and try with both.

Old 07-10-2017, 10:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same issue with mine last month. Went out and bought a Bluetooth module after reading this post and still didn't fix the issue. I finally broke down and took it to a Jaguar dealer. Wound up being the 30amp radio fuse in the trunk. They said all the modules checked out fine. I even had them put the original BT module back in the car. If anyone is looking to buy one of these let me know. I have an extra one.

The following users liked this post:
mbrown26 (12-06-2019)
Old 07-10-2017, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Bklyn1971
I had the same issue with mine last month. Went out and bought a Bluetooth module after reading this post and still didn't fix the issue. I finally broke down and took it to a Jaguar dealer. Wound up being the 30amp radio fuse in the trunk. They said all the modules checked out fine. I even had them put the original BT module back in the car. If anyone is looking to buy one of these let me know. I have an extra one.
Thanks for the update. What year is your car? Where exactly is the fuse box in the trunk?

Quick Reply: Jaguar XF display screen flickering / flashing