XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Jaguar XF display screen flickering / flashing

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2019, 11:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where is located!

Originally Posted by jagqueen
Just had mine fixed.It was flashing on and off as described for a number of days, then would be ok for maybe a week.
Was diagnosed as a faulty Navigation unit, which has been replaced with a second hand unit.
Hopefully all will be sorted now!
Where is located the navigation unit?

Old 01-20-2019, 03:35 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

The navigation unit is in the boot, behind an access panel on the left hand side, near the top.

Old 03-09-2019, 02:47 PM
Default Blue tooth module fuse location

[QUOTE=jaguarxfv8;799831]No it wasn't flood damaged I bought it brand new in 2009. but I live in north canada and the winter are rough (under 50 degrees) and with all the snow my boots bring into the car it's possible it had soak the mat floor.

i found out my bluetooth module has a fuse burnt, so it might be why I have a problem and that my display screen had fault.
I bought a new one, we'll see if it fix my problem.[/QUOTE
where is the fuse located, #???

Old 03-09-2019, 05:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,166 Likes on 2,335 Posts

Deleted. Already answered above.

Last edited by Sean W; 03-09-2019 at 06:05 PM.
Old 03-12-2019, 08:55 AM
Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Fuse box

[QUOTE=Hector Munoz;2037411]
Originally Posted by jaguarxfv8
No it wasn't flood damaged I bought it brand new in 2009. but I live in north canada and the winter are rough (under 50 degrees) and with all the snow my boots bring into the car it's possible it had soak the mat floor.

i found out my bluetooth module has a fuse burnt, so it might be why I have a problem and that my display screen had fault.
I bought a new one, we'll see if it fix my problem.[/QUOTE
where is the fuse located, #???
fuse box in the trunk right side.

Old 03-20-2019, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by rockytt
So - had a spare hour (finally!) and a fiber optic bypass loop and started playing today.
Got down to the metal Sirius module underneath the plastic BT module.
Unplugged the FO cable and could see red light in one of the ends (good news).
Plugged in the bypass loop and looked up and my screen - no more flickering(!)

I'm irrationally optimistic that this pretty definitively calls out the Sirius module as bad/dead and the good news is that they are pretty cheap on the 'bay.

Last dumb question of the year: Since I never use Sirius radio, is there any harm in just leaving the loop bypass in place? Is there anything else that won't function? (Ok, that was 2 dumb questions...)

edit:
So, I put everything back together and left the bypass in place to keep the Sirius module out of the loop - everything works great now, and as a bonus I can now pair my phone for the first time -
I am having the same issues and do not use the situps module. Where can I purchase a bypass loop?

Old 04-28-2019, 11:33 PM

Not those exact symptoms, nor am I an expert - but have you tried swapping out the Sirius module located underneath the driver seat seat? My Sirius module is faulty, but as I don't use it I just popped in one of those fiber-optic loops as referenced in this thread. I also swapped out the BlueTooth module a couple weeks earlier. Just curious if the dealerships have tried this...
The dealership (actually multiple Jaguar dealerships have had the car multiple times since 2015 for this issue. No resolution.

I gave them the bulletins numerous times.

Now we are in 2019 (4 years later) JLR finally got involved and they replaced the XM module and the blue tooth module. They had my car for two months on two occasions. I got the car back in March and it has happened four times again since getting the car back. I go into my car and poof- all the XM presents have vanished for no reason. Still also have the flashing white screen issue.

Old 04-29-2019, 12:08 AM
Veteran Member
Received 315 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by jaguargirl69
I have a 2011 Jaguar XF with an on-going problem since 2014 which every dealership has failed to fix and I have periodically checked to see if anyone else has had any resolution.

1. While driving, my infotainment system screen, while on any mode (AM, FM, XM, CD or Nav) while driving, will flash a white screen on and off. When it happens, the audio is NOT interrupted, but the screen flashes a white screen momentarily and then goes back to the screen it was initially on. This can happen 1-5 times within a single 20-minute drive. Some days it won't happen but then other days it can happen any number of times. It has nothing to do with going under bridge or tunnel, etc. Has nothing to do with losing a signal because the audio remains in tact and can happen on an open road with no obstructions.

2. XM presets being lost. For four years i have complained to the dealership that out of nowhere my XM presets get cancelled and lost. Typically this happens between 1-3 times ever week or every other week. On a few occasions it happened 2 times in one day. It does NOT happen when I am driving. I could be driving to work and all presets are there. I go to lunch all presets are there and then by end of the day I go to leave to go home, get in the car, and all of the presets have vanished! I have to reset all of them each time which is a royal pain.

I had read there could be a low voltage reading a while back, I had that checked but it was fine, I eventually replaced the battery anyway. Still happened. Then I was told there was an update, but was not for the 2011 model year.

Please let me know if you have these precise issues as well with your XF and if you have had any resolution. Obviously the car is out of warranty but I had brought it in more than 6 times for these precise issues while it was under warranty and it was never addressed/fixed.

I will share my other Jag issues shortly but I just had to dump more than $4500 into this car for leaks. This car has 43,000 miles on it and has been babied. It is outrageous!
It was XM that fixed my issues with the XM presets constantly being deleted. XM cheaped out over the years and made their programming so god awfully bad that I completely cancelled the subscriptions on both of my XF's. Problem solved.

Old 05-08-2019, 04:39 PM

Rique - what ended up fixing your issue? I'm having the same issue and bought the new 30 amp fuses, but I can't seem to get the old ones out and I'm not exactly sure which to replace (so I was going to replace all of them in the trunk).

Old 05-09-2019, 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by CaseyEllsworth
Rique - what ended up fixing your issue? I'm having the same issue and bought the new 30 amp fuses, but I can't seem to get the old ones out and I'm not exactly sure which to replace (so I was going to replace all of them in the trunk).
He said XM fixed the issue by canceling the subscription!!!

I told by JLR that presets are stored in the XM module and not the brain of the unit. Hard to fathom when they gave allegedly replaced the module just recently and yep the same problem persists !!! Quite sure it’s the main system but it’s taken them 5 years and still no resolution!!

As fir the flicking white screen— not solved either. They kept telling me it’s normal functioning. It’s only normal if you have interacted with the screen within a set period of time. It should not happen if you have not interacted with the steering wheel column buttons or any button on the info. unit. It never used to happen and does not happen on my family member same vehicle same model. It us is not an XM issue. My white screen happens in any mode.

Old 07-31-2019, 10:55 AM

main causes for this problem seem to either be bluethoot audio module under driver seat
fuses in the trunk
or navigation unit in the boot

The following users liked this post:
fleawood (09-03-2019)
Old 07-31-2019, 03:59 PM

When you say navigation unit in the boot. you are talking about the place where you put the dvd for like the nav system etc.. ?

Old 09-04-2019, 08:26 AM
Default Match

Originally Posted by jaguarxfv8
So I'm posting this so if anyones ever have the same problem he will know How to fix it quick !! at a low cost !

the problem was my bluetooth module. I order one on ebay for about 162$
Just unplug the battery than plug you bluetooth module!
replug your battery than everything will work just find again !!!
Thanks for that wonderful info... I have the same vehicle and the same problem as you.... my question is does the numbers on The Replacements Bluetooth module need to match the original one being taking off. My # is Ax2310F845 AA

Old 01-29-2020, 10:42 PM

Hello, Freinds,
I got the similar problem tonight with my Jaguar XF 2010. Which I bought last summer, with only 50,000 km on it.
you can see a short video of the problem here.
However, it disappeared after half an hour! But I am afraid it returns again.
I want to use the idea of Bypassing the Bluetooth device. Can you answer my questions please:

A) What are the potential problems to bypass the Bluetooth device? Is it bad for the car's electric system?
B) How should I do that? Any links/tutorials?
C) What shall I buy from eBay as an Optical Cable?

I really appreciate your help.

Old 02-03-2020, 05:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry for the late reply -
I just purchased something like this:
BTW-are you sure it's the BT adapter? Mine turned out to be the sat radio adapter that was bad - but that's the beauty of the bypass - you can try each of the modules in turn to see which one is not ok

No potential electrical problems - just looping the fiber optic cable after all -
No links that I can think of - just have to pull the driver's seat to be able to access the modules underneath the carpet is all - good luck!

Old 02-04-2020, 11:18 AM

I bought the same cable today.
But found removing the front, the driver seat is much harder than I thought.
Is there any tutorial I can learn how to remove the front seat?

Old 02-04-2020, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by sh yz
Is there any tutorial I can learn how to remove the front seat?
None that I've found - just the four bolts, and then disconnect some cables -
The trickier part was removing the carpet enough to get at the modules as it's held in place (one spot) underneath the plastic trim on the door frame.

Old 02-04-2020, 11:31 AM

None that I've found - just the four bolts, and then disconnect some cables -
The trickier part was removing the carpet enough to get at the modules as it's held in place (one spot) underneath the plastic trim on the door frame.
Thanks for your answer.
Did you remove the battery as well? Or only removing the cables were enough.
The problem is I am in Canada and outdoor is freezing! I was hoping I can do it in less than half an hour, but it seems I need to wait for a warmer weather

Last edited by sh yz; 02-04-2020 at 11:36 AM.
Old 02-04-2020, 11:39 AM

yeah - probably a good 1-1/2 hours the first time - used to live in Washington, so fully aware of the joys of working on cars outdoors

Old 02-23-2020, 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by Bklyn1971
I had the same issue with mine last month. Went out and bought a Bluetooth module after reading this post and still didn't fix the issue. I finally broke down and took it to a Jaguar dealer. Wound up being the 30amp radio fuse in the trunk. They said all the modules checked out fine. I even had them put the original BT module back in the car. If anyone is looking to buy one of these let me know. I have an extra one.
I was wondering if you still have that bluetooth module for sale?

Quick Reply: Jaguar XF display screen flickering / flashing