XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Jaguar XFR-S Break Pads and Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 03:01 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Jaguar XFR-S Break Pads and Rotors

Where can I purchase Break Pads and Rotors, instead of the Dealership?
any websites?

Old 12-02-2016, 01:31 AM
Veteran Member
Received 360 Likes on 273 Posts

Try R1 Concepts.

Old 12-03-2016, 01:48 PM
Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts

For brake pads I purchased ebc red stuff for both front and rear. No issues at all.

Old 12-13-2016, 12:47 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

do they make ceramic pads for the XFR-s?

Old 12-13-2016, 01:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 491 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by Andreny
do they make ceramic pads for the XFR-s?

Are they different from the XF Luxury pads/rotors?

I replaced the pads/rotors on my '09 XF Luxury, last year. I bought Beck Arnley rotors and PowerStop ceramic pads from Rock Auto Parts. The cost was just under $400 for all 4 wheels.

I'm happy....very low dust and good stopping power.

Old 12-13-2016, 02:59 PM
Received 109 Likes on 84 Posts

[QUOTE=leadfoot4;1584968]Are they different from the XF Luxury pads/rotors?
QUOTE]

Yes, there is a substantial size and performance difference.

Old 12-13-2016, 03:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,126 Likes on 2,304 Posts

XFR-S brakes and pads are the same as XFR, 380 mm front and 376 mm rear.
The only ceramic pads I know of for these are EBC.

Old 12-13-2016, 05:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 438 Likes on 387 Posts

I bought R1 concepts drilled and slotted rotors and posiquiet ceramic pads as a kit via eBay. They still have them on for about 650usd (less than I paid I think...)

Some debate on whether the pads are really ceramic or semi metallic - they are labeled and advertised as ceramic

Mine is a 2010 XF SC that has same brakes as XFR and I believe R-S too

Old 12-13-2016, 06:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,126 Likes on 2,304 Posts

From all my research and from direct experience the Posiquiet XFR brake pads advertised by some as ceramic are not ceramic, they are semi-metallic.
Posiquiet do not make ceramic brake pads for the XFR, well not at least the last time I looked about two months ago.
Two other ways to tell - true ceramics do not "graunch" just as you come to a stop like the semi-metallics do, and true ceramics make much less brake dust. At least that was my experience with the Powerstop ceramics I fitted to my old XFS (the English/Euro/Oz version with the 3.0 V6 diesel and the 355 mm front brakes). As I have said before, it's a pity Powerstop don't make ceramic pads for the XFR.

Old 12-13-2016, 07:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 438 Likes on 387 Posts

Originally Posted by OzXFR
From all my research and from direct experience the Posiquiet XFR brake pads advertised by some as ceramic are not ceramic, they are semi-metallic.
Posiquiet do not make ceramic brake pads for the XFR, well not at least the last time I looked about two months ago.
Two other ways to tell - true ceramics do not "graunch" just as you come to a stop like the semi-metallics do, and true ceramics make much less brake dust. At least that was my experience with the Powerstop ceramics I fitted to my old XFS (the English/Euro/Oz version with the 3.0 V6 diesel and the 355 mm front brakes). As I have said before, it's a pity Powerstop don't make ceramic pads for the XFR.
Agreed. It was strange that mine were advertised as ceramic, they said ceramic on the box. But sounds like they don't make ceramic in that size. To be honest I haven't been able to tell the difference - they are very low dust, and they are silent (no graunching). So I've been happy with them.

Old 12-14-2016, 02:04 AM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I also have the R1 slotted/drilled rotors and Posiquiet semi-metallic pads. I have to say i have not been a fan of the Posiquiets at all. Definitely much less dust than stock, but they also squeal and have much less bite/stopping power than stock. On country roads at high speeds, repeated stops cause brake fade as well, which is quite annoying.

Regretting not getting the EBC Reds, which I'll definitely be doing next time around.

Old 12-14-2016, 05:49 AM
Veteran Member
Received 491 Likes on 292 Posts

OK, since the "R" cars have bigger brake rotors than my Luxury has, the PowerStop pads won't work. A number of years ago, I used Porterfield Racing's street high performance pads on a Z/28 Camaro that I used to own. Good braking power, low dust, and their catalog says they fit the "R" cars. Not cheap, though....

Old 12-14-2016, 07:53 AM
Received 177 Likes on 120 Posts

It's not an XFR-S, but I just ordered rotors and pads for all four corners of my '11 XFR. Until this past July, all of my service had been included, so this is the first time I've had to think about which brakes I'd want. I was leaning toward R1 Concepts' Premier slotted rotors with EBC Red Stuff pads, and R1 Concepts generously offered 15% off of my total order, which would've put me at around $1,100+.

But, while talking to R1, the rep mentioned that the R1 Premier rotors are basically identical to StopTech's Sport Slotted rotors (or whatever they're called these days - they've apparently changed names over the years); they both use the same Centric blanks, with the only difference being something like R1's slots are diamond-edged and StopTech's are round-edged. Whatever.

Anyway, long-story longer, AutoAnything was offering 30% off of the StopTech Sport Slotted rotors and 20% off of the EBC Red Stuff pads, with no tax and free shipping. R1's normal price for the EBC pads was higher to begin with, and their discount wasn't as good across the board, so I ended up going with AutoAnything for the StopTech Sport Slotted rotors and EBC Red Stuff pads, and saving over $200. My grand total was $893.77. I'm sure there are some similar or better deals out there; I actually found the EBC Red Stuff pads for less on a few different websites, but didn't feel like dealing with two separate transactions, etc.

I haven't received them yet, but I'll provide some feedback whenever I get them mounted (which I'll do myself).

Attached Thumbnails Jaguar XFR-S Break Pads and Rotors-autoanything-receipt.jpg   Jaguar XFR-S Break Pads and Rotors-brake-fitment-front.jpg   Jaguar XFR-S Break Pads and Rotors-brake-fitment-rear.jpg  

Last edited by Reaxions; 12-14-2016 at 08:16 AM.