XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

new XFR owner

Old 04-29-2017, 09:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a QuickSilver fan, I have one on my Aston DB9 and just installed an axle back system on my XFR-S. Its a great sound no drone and howls when you step on ii

Old 05-05-2017, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by 801yankee777
Yeah that makes more sense, too much power to get out of the hole without spinning like crazy if you turn off DSC, I'm going back to the track next weekend as long as it doesn't rain. Gonna play with it and try to dial in my launch I think there's a couple of tenths I can improve with my current setup.

​​​​​​​I'm so tempted to tune it and throw some stickey mickey Thompsons on the back I'm pretty sure at that point I can hit low 12s even at my elevation
Getting better at the launch
Right lane
​​​​​​​

Old 08-18-2017, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by 801yankee777
Yes it's a matte black wrap with gloss black accents on the hood and the jaguar on the side is gloss black as well. It's actually a dark silver under the wrap, the previous owner had it wrapped.
​​​​​​​
Do you have any idea where you or the previous owner got the jaguar graphics on the sides of the car as I have been looking for over a year to buy for my car? Any information would help and thanks. David 973-214-3181

Old 08-20-2017, 12:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OzXFR
The "575 horse tune" is the F-Type SVR tune, the XFR-S tune is 550 PS (542 horse).
The factory 550 PS tune can be put on an XFR, mine has had this done, but it took a long time, a lot of mucking about and several tries, a real learning process in the end.
It can only be done using the proper SDD equipment and a knowledgeable operator, and you need to put an H or X pipe in the exhaust system in place of the front muffler.
As Bigg Will says no dealer will be both willing and able to do it.
As for the factory 575 PS tune, that is "locked" to the F-Type SVR and cannot be put on anything else.
However there are at least three tuning houses I know of which can supply 575 - 600 hp plus tunes for the XFR motor, but you will need not just a tune but a new upper and/or lower SC pulley, check out the F-Type forum, lots of info over there about these tunes & pulleys. That said, I have a suspicion that those tunes will only work for the later versions of the AJ133 SC motor as fitted to the F-Type with the Bosch ECU, and that they won't work on the earlier XFR with the AC Delco ECU. Cambo would probably know.
any difference in shifting speed going xfrs ecu?

Old 08-20-2017, 07:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,113 Likes on 2,296 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisJay
any difference in shifting speed going xfrs ecu?
If you are considering swapping out your XFR ECU for an XFRS ECU then best if you unconsider it, as I don't think it will work.
However if you mean "if I get the XFRS tune will it improve the gearbox shift speed?" then no, it won't make any difference.