XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Rotary shifter upgrade!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 07:49 AM
Veteran Member
Received 513 Likes on 333 Posts

Rotary shifter upgrade!-image.jpg

Replacing my classic badge with this new growler badge.

Old 03-31-2013, 08:56 AM
Received 70 Likes on 58 Posts

love it....THANKS!! I wonder if he can make me one that is monochromed on the silver to match the one on the dash...I think that would look more OEM.

Old 03-31-2013, 08:58 AM

Actually, the new growler looks fantastic. I think the one with R logo has to have the logo larger in size. What do you think?

Old 04-06-2013, 11:54 PM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 926 Likes on 607 Posts

Originally Posted by edobernig
Originally Posted by britishautowood
Hello,
Yes I can still make them up. Drop me an email chaplin696@aol.com or via my facebook page British Autowood - Altamonte Springs, FL - Automobiles and Parts | Facebook

Saul will fix you up what ever you would like.
I emailed chaplin696@aol.com but the email was returned undeliverable. I also messaged the above facebook contact through my wife's account. If you never received my request please email me at DGL@eastlink.ca. I'm looking for a rotary upgrade, current growler, leaper, or red "EJECT", for my 2011 XKR 175 with piano black trim. Please email me with availability and price. Cheers.

Old 04-07-2013, 07:49 AM
Received 308 Likes on 114 Posts
Default Website

Originally Posted by DGL
I emailed chaplin696@aol.com but the email was returned undeliverable. I also messaged the above facebook contact through my wife's account. If you never received my request please email me at DGL@eastlink.ca. I'm looking for a rotary upgrade, current growler, leaper, or red "EJECT", for my 2011 XKR 175 with piano black trim. Please email me with availability and price. Cheers.
I forwarded your message on facebook and here is his website: British Autowood | Dashboard and Woodwork Restoration give this a try. He just posted yesterday so give him another try.

Old 04-07-2013, 08:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 482 Likes on 403 Posts

The "R" font doesn't look quite right to me.

Old 04-07-2013, 05:25 PM
DGL
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by XFactoR
Actually, the new growler looks fantastic. I think the one with R logo has to have the logo larger in size. What do you think?
I agree.

Old 04-07-2013, 05:29 PM
DGL
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by philhef
Attachment 38004

Please let us know how the install went and don't forget to attach a picture. I'm on the fence pending your reply. I'm a little concern about the laminating of the growler on the black material; will the silver growler come off in pieces from wear and time as the laminate lets go?

Old 04-08-2013, 05:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 513 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by DGL
Please let us know how the install went and don't forget to attach a picture. I'm on the fence pending your reply. I'm a little concern about the laminating of the growler on the black material; will the silver growler come off in pieces from wear and time as the laminate lets go?
The growler is embedded under an acrylic finish so there's no way to wear it off.
I swapped out the new growler but kinda miss the chrome vintage growler now! The new version is a matte silver laser cut growler and looks good with the steering wheel center but the classic is 3d and bright chrome. I'll post pics.

Old 04-10-2013, 02:34 PM
Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Hello,

Thanks for all your interest in these growler toppers! I have decided to tweak them a little bit to make for what I think will be a higher quality product. Rough image attached.

At the moment I am wrapping up several wood set restorations and gearing things down for a trip to the UK with my family next month, but when I return will have a stock of these for sale

My facebook page (which I check more than the email!) British Autowood - Altamonte Springs, FL - Automobiles and Parts | Facebook

Cheers,

Attached Thumbnails Rotary shifter upgrade!-xfgrowler.jpg  
Old 04-13-2013, 03:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 528 Posts

Mr. Britishautowood; can you make a rotary shifter badge with the word "Jaguar" with the jag leaper over it? You have this embossed on a stick shift knob on your website. Black and/or Italian Racing Red depending on price. Nice work.

Old 04-14-2013, 11:28 AM
Received 177 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by philhef
Attachment 38004

I like this one. I've got the older-style, busier-looking growler topper sitting in a plastic bag in my garage (I got it for free). I didn't use it because I'd already upgraded my shifter to the OEM rubber/leather option, and the older-style growler doesn't match the newer-style growler on my steering wheel, grille, etc.

Last edited by Reaxions; 04-14-2013 at 11:31 AM.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by jaguny
Mr. Britishautowood; can you make a rotary shifter badge with the word "Jaguar" with the jag leaper over it? You have this embossed on a stick shift knob on your website. Black and/or Italian Racing Red depending on price. Nice work.
Yes when I get back, should be able to sort something out for you.
Cheers, Saul Chaplin www.britishautowood.com

Old 04-15-2013, 03:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I emailed you about the price you sent me. Please check your email. Thanks.

Old 05-08-2013, 10:05 AM
Old 05-14-2013, 07:30 AM

Still would love to see an "R" shift knob imprinted in metal similar to the one on the dash of the XFR

The following users liked this post:
Reaxions (07-30-2013)
Old 05-14-2013, 08:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I received the growler rotary shifter upgrade from Chris at Mina and it looks great!

Can't seem to attach an image or I would post it.

Thanks,

Dean

Old 05-15-2013, 12:37 AM
Received 71 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by DeanZ
I received the growler rotary shifter upgrade from Chris at Mina and it looks great!

Can't seem to attach an image or I would post it.

Thanks,

Dean
Here are the ones that Chris sent me a few months ago. I reinstalled them in my new Jag and they went in with a snap. I would only get these if your interested in changing out the whole knob set up.

Attached Thumbnails Rotary shifter upgrade!-mina-growler-sq-round-shifter.jpg   Rotary shifter upgrade!-mina-minasq-round-shifter.jpg  
Old 05-15-2013, 08:06 AM
Red face

I want to point out the theme that seems to be present in the interior of the XFR. When you open the car, the center screen has the R logo, and then when you turn on the car the Jaguar leaper and writing is in the center screen between the dials. Thereby, as you can see, the Jaguar leaper is indicated on one side and the R logo is indicated on the other.

If you take that to the next logical degree, the steering wheel has a jaguar growler, and the the passenger side – has the R logo embedded in the aluminum. I think it would make sense if the center dial either has the Jaguar leaper by itself or the embedded R logo on the actual metal surface of the knob.

That way, the interior would look consistent, and OEM.

The following users liked this post:
Reaxions (07-30-2013)
Old 05-15-2013, 08:35 AM
Received 177 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by XFactoR
I want to point out the theme that seems to be present in the interior of the XFR. When you open the car, the center screen has the R logo, and then when you turn on the car the Jaguar leaper and writing is in the center screen between the dials. Thereby, as you can see, the Jaguar leaper is indicated on one side and the R logo is indicated on the other.

If you take that to the next logical degree, the steering wheel has a jaguar growler, and the the passenger side – has the R logo embedded in the aluminum. I think it would make sense if the center dial either has the Jaguar leaper by itself or the embedded R logo on the actual metal surface of the knob.

That way, the interior would look consistent, and OEM.
I tried to get Chris at Mina to make the R logo for the shifter topper and my wheel center caps, but he said it just didn't look right because of the spacing around the R (the R logo being a weird shape to fit into a circle, I think he said). He sent me the Jaguar logo topper, but it was the old version, so it's just sitting in my garage. I already have the leather topper, which I really like, so I'd probably only consider the new Jag logo (which matches the one on the steering wheel) or a good-looking R logo.

Quick Reply: Rotary shifter upgrade!