XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

TCP Intake

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 03:25 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default TCP Intake

Hi All,

I was trying to find out more about the TCP intake. I had been looking to grab one of these for my 2009 XF SC, but it seems that the website is no longer valid and I fear they may have gone out of business. Any Idea where you can get the intake now?

Also need suggestions for 2009 exhaust performance upgrade. I want something a little more boisterous, but not something that will get me pulled over or cause a scene in my subdivision, so I welcome your recommendations.

Thanks

Matt

Old 11-15-2017, 08:37 PM
Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

can't speak to the twin cities intake availability for your 4.2 S/C but take a good look at electric exhaust cutouts. check my posts. the are budget friendly and you can revert to silent factory sound in 2 seconds with a button push..

Old 11-15-2017, 10:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 360 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by mwaggon
Hi All,

I was trying to find out more about the TCP intake. I had been looking to grab one of these for my 2009 XF SC, but it seems that the website is no longer valid and I fear they may have gone out of business. Any Idea where you can get the intake now?

Also need suggestions for 2009 exhaust performance upgrade. I want something a little more boisterous, but not something that will get me pulled over or cause a scene in my subdivision, so I welcome your recommendations.

Thanks

Matt
I have a TCP intake on my XFR but Mina may be the only game in town now.

Old 11-16-2017, 12:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 95 Likes on 86 Posts

are you a shy guy? If you are worried that people will stare at you, why are you looking for something that will increase the the noise of your car?

Old 12-16-2017, 10:45 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the TCP intake, but you’re right... seems they have lost their internet presence. I would recommend Mina as an alternative, as I have been happy with everything I have gotten from them. Most recently (today) I had their exhaust upgrade installed. Haven’t driven it much yet, obviously, but initial impression is super positive.
Fits great. There are these thin plates that had to be bent a touch to avoid rubbing on the pipes, but otherwise fit perfectly and are in solidly... don’t move when you try to wiggle them.
On startup, you DEFINITELY hear a great, louder more aggressive growl... and in 1st as you start moving, you can tell you’ve got nicely louder. Cruising in the 30-50 range, it’s pretty tame and not much louder than stock. If you’re down shifted, you get that sound.
Not describing it very well, but bottom line is that it sounds louder the way I wanted without the obnoxiousness I didn’t want.