XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Tested out the dodo juice black widow today

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2018, 04:27 PM
Received 118 Likes on 100 Posts
Default Tested out the dodo juice black widow today

Have been a fan of Dodo Juice for years having used both Supernatural and their color specific waxes on all my cars. It is a very easy to go on wax but like most higher end waxes isn't a cleaner wax so you need to add a cleaning step prior (their lime prime works great imho). I had previously been using Blue Velvet Hard and Purple Haze Soft with 2 layers as they are made for darker cars. Finished the Blue Velet so decided to try their Black Widow which is made for black or dark grey cars. As with all their waxes very easy on and off did 2 coats on the hood, boot and roof and one everywhere else then finished with the soft purple haze. Came out great. They are claiming that the black widow is a 3-4 month wax so I will post up with how long it lasts on an outside car. My wheels look amazing after. They just didn't have much luster no matter what I did to them so I'm guessing the PO had used some pretty harsh chemicals to clean them over the years. Picture was taken with the sun behind lots of clouds here today. As it has been drizzling off and on all day.

Old 09-02-2018, 12:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 315 Likes on 242 Posts

Wipe your greasy finger prints off the lens of your camera phone before taking pics and you won't have that hazy look.

Old 09-02-2018, 02:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 3,127 Likes on 2,305 Posts

Originally Posted by lotusespritse
Wipe your greasy finger prints off the lens of your camera phone before taking pics and you won't have that hazy look.
Looks pretty clear to me, albeit not particularly high resolution.
Anyway, I have been using Dodo Juice products for many years and I'm very happy with them.
Their "Born Slippy" is the only thing I have ever found that cleans screens and monitors without leaving any smear, although it's meant to be a clay bar lube (and yes it is a great clay bar lube).
Their detailing spray concentrate is faneffingtastic as a waterless wash spray, just spray it on and wipe off with a MF cloth and hey presto clean and shiny paint work!
I have tried a number of other waterless wash/detailing/cleaning sprays but none have been anywhere near as good as this stuff, and one of the reasons is that the Dodo Juice product has a wax in it that the others don't seem to have.
To top it off, it's a concentrate that you dilute 1:10 so a single one litre bottle lasts a helluva long time and as a result is nowhere near as expensive as it seems.

Last edited by OzXFR; 09-02-2018 at 02:10 AM.
Old 09-02-2018, 07:37 AM
Received 141 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by lotusespritse
You are always so positive, complimentary and friendly.

The following 3 users liked this post by MarkN:
carzaddict (09-03-2018), Swimref (09-02-2018), TreVoRTasmin (09-02-2018)
Old 09-02-2018, 09:06 AM
Received 118 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by OzXFR
Looks pretty clear to me, albeit not particularly high resolution.
Anyway, I have been using Dodo Juice products for many years and I'm very happy with them.
Their "Born Slippy" is the only thing I have ever found that cleans screens and monitors without leaving any smear, although it's meant to be a clay bar lube (and yes it is a great clay bar lube).
Their detailing spray concentrate is faneffingtastic as a waterless wash spray, just spray it on and wipe off with a MF cloth and hey presto clean and shiny paint work!
I have tried a number of other waterless wash/detailing/cleaning sprays but none have been anywhere near as good as this stuff, and one of the reasons is that the Dodo Juice product has a wax in it that the others don't seem to have.
To top it off, it's a concentrate that you dilute 1:10 so a single one litre bottle lasts a helluva long time and as a result is nowhere near as expensive as it seems.
Yeah I love their detail spray but just checked my bottle and it says nothing about being a concentrate Have never diluted any bottles, might need to give it a try. Most detailing sprays I find streak and look meh unless going on a just waxed car (and why would you need it then).

Old 09-02-2018, 06:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,127 Likes on 2,305 Posts

Originally Posted by TreVoRTasmin
Yeah I love their detail spray but just checked my bottle and it says nothing about being a concentrate Have never diluted any bottles, might need to give it a try. Most detailing sprays I find streak and look meh unless going on a just waxed car (and why would you need it then).
You probably have the pre-mixed non-concentrate detail spray.
What you want is what it says on the tin, "Detailing Spray Concentrate", this stuff: https://www.carcareproducts.com.au/b...ncentrate.html
Turns out a helluva lot cheaper than the pre-mixed gear.

Old 09-03-2018, 09:11 AM
Veteran Member
Received 315 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkN
You are always so positive, complimentary and friendly.
People like you need to put on your big boy pants, toughen up, and quit being such a sensitive little pancake.

There’s a lot of stupid people on here posting a lot of misleading nonsense that goes into the permanent record of the internet, and someone has to wake them up.

For instance, posting a hazy, dark picture to show off your new wax job, which looks about the same as a freshly washed car, is kinda stupid, right? And then to pretend like the picture doesn’t look hazy because you never wash your dirty hands and then get those grubby digits all over the lens just shows how no one wants to take responsibility for their stupid actions.