Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 03:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 280 Likes on 214 Posts
Default Trifecta of upgrades complete

1/ Eurocharged tune
2/ Eurocharged pulley
3/ TCP Intake

Will give it a week or so to settle in and then back on the dyno...

Attached Thumbnails Trifecta of upgrades complete-img_0200.jpg   Trifecta of upgrades complete-img_0205.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Blackcoog (05-04-2016)
Old 05-03-2016, 03:39 PM
Received 70 Likes on 60 Posts

ok,,,, so left to do...1. exhaust, 2. painted headlights 3. intake... then im done.. ; ) looking forward to seeing your Dyno numbers

Old 05-03-2016, 05:57 PM
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by stmcknig
1/ Eurocharged tune
2/ Eurocharged pulley
3/ TCP Intake

Will give it a week or so to settle in and then back on the dyno...
Did you get a baseline dyno?

Looking forward to the results. I have a pulley and tuner waiting in my garage. Just waiting on the Mina intake.

Old 05-03-2016, 06:21 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jagwower
Did you get a baseline dyno?

Looking forward to the results. I have a pulley and tuner waiting in my garage. Just waiting on the Mina intake.
I did not get a "before all" as I just couldn't hold the programmer in my hot little hands and not flash the ECU for a couple of days.

I do have the "after tune" dyno here - before the pulley and the intake. We will probably be able to clear 500HP at the wheel...

Old 05-03-2016, 08:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 426 Likes on 306 Posts

I do have the "after tune" dyno here - before the pulley and the intake. We will probably be able to clear 500HP at the wheel...

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if you're at 463 uncorrected with just the tune, I'd be very surprised if you make 500 with the other two. Possible, but not likely. Your power under curve should make a marked improvement though.

Old 05-03-2016, 08:43 PM
Veteran Member

The increase in smile factor since the upgrades is in no way bad news ;-)

The dyno numbers for corrected were the same as we're at sea level as near as makes no odds. But people always want to see the numbers rather than the smiley selfie...

--Stu

Old 05-03-2016, 11:03 PM
Veteran Member

And please don't think I'm trying to be negative. I've been in your shoes and it's tough to get that extra bit up over 500. I felt the disappointment at one point.

And even if you don't get there, you've done three of the best mods for this car and have made it noticeably better than stock. That's success

Old 05-04-2016, 12:02 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by 2010 Kyanite XFR
And please don't think I'm trying to be negative..
Not at all. The stock XFR made me smile quite a bit. The mods made me smilier regardless of the numbers. I'm holding off on doing anything to the exhaust because I can't bear droning and at the moment for me, there's plenty enough V8 noise to share.

I will probably go with the Mina deflector next, just to update the look on the rear a little - Chris says they are doing a retool at the moment so it gives me another three weeks or so to siphon funds from other parts of the budget ;-)

Sometimes I just wish my commute was a little longer so I could spend more time in the Jag. Maybe I can find a detour or two...

--Stuart

Old 05-04-2016, 12:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 361 Likes on 273 Posts

Very Nice!

Old 05-04-2016, 10:10 AM

Not at all. The stock XFR made me smile quite a bit. The mods made me smilier regardless of the numbers. I'm holding off on doing anything to the exhaust because I can't bear droning and at the moment for me, there's plenty enough V8 noise to share.

I will probably go with the Mina deflector next, just to update the look on the rear a little - Chris says they are doing a retool at the moment so it gives me another three weeks or so to siphon funds from other parts of the budget ;-)

Sometimes I just wish my commute was a little longer so I could spend more time in the Jag. Maybe I can find a detour or two...

--Stuart
i agree on the smiley face... im coming from a starting point of 40 hp less than an XFR so my smile is a little wider : ) for me the numbers are fine ... i talk in crank numbers anyway not the rear wheel.....

Old 05-04-2016, 11:04 AM
Veteran Member

One point/question on the intake upgrade. I have the boost pulley which is smaller than stock and even with that I found it really hard to be sure the intake was clearing the pulley. I'm not sure if I had the stock one, whether I'd have been happy with the clearance. Anybody else with the TCP intake care to comment on their install tips ?

Old 05-04-2016, 12:07 PM
Veteran Member

Anybody else with the TCP intake care to comment on their install tips ?
Take your time and be willing to take it all the way apart and then reassemble. Took me just over 3 hours to feel good about it. Did it in pieces multiple times. And I couldn't ever get it where all the silicone wasn't bent just a bit more than I wanted or the clamps parallel to the ends of the silicone.

Old 05-04-2016, 05:44 PM

Take your time and be willing to take it all the way apart and then reassemble. Took me just over 3 hours to feel good about it. Did it in pieces multiple times. And I couldn't ever get it where all the silicone wasn't bent just a bit more than I wanted or the clamps parallel to the ends of the silicone.
noticeable supercharger sound with the aftermarket intake ...and if so... to noticeable?

Old 05-04-2016, 06:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,135 Likes on 2,310 Posts

I've disassembled and reassembled my TCP intake three times now and I still can't get the kinks out of the two 45 degree silicon tubes. In my case they sit on the intake snorkels quite "hard", apparently a lot more than most, but there is nothing I can do about it. I just put it down to factory manufacturing tolerances, it's no fault of TCP at all, they have been very helpful and patient. For install tips, use plenty of WD40 so you can slide parts around with ease. My intake clears the pulley by about 1 cm, if I increased this clearance any more the kinks would be worse, and although 1 cm looks very close to the naked eye it is plenty of clearance. Yes, a bit of supercharger whine now, but still quite subtle and in no way intrusive or annoying, in fact I would like a bit more!

Old 05-04-2016, 08:15 PM
Veteran Member
Default Trifecta of upgrades complete

Originally Posted by Injekter
noticeable supercharger sound with the aftermarket intake ...and if so... to noticeable?
When it's pulling hard, you can now actually hear it. Never too much, but noticeable. You can't hear any of it stock. The increased intake and supercharger noise is the reason I bought it, so it gave me what I wanted.

And I used a little barely soapy water instead of WD-40 for installation because I didn't want to worry about residue keeping things where I wanted them.

The following users liked this post:
Injekter (05-05-2016)
Old 05-05-2016, 03:00 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if you're at 463 uncorrected with just the tune, I'd be very surprised if you make 500 with the other two. Possible, but not likely. Your power under curve should make a marked improvement though.
I think the tune is pre-canned for the pulley upgrade, unless EC are going to provide a new tune once the pulley is fitted?

Could the car could be over fuelling as a result of not getting the air the ecu is targeting? The ecu is smart enough to correct this but may be pulling the timing to compensate. As a result the current power level is lower than expected, but with the correct mods make good power...

Old 05-05-2016, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by phil200tdi
I think the tune is pre-canned for the pulley upgrade, unless EC are going to provide a new tune once the pulley is fitted?

Could the car could be over fuelling as a result of not getting the air the ecu is targeting? The ecu is smart enough to correct this but may be pulling the timing to compensate. As a result the current power level is lower than expected, but with the correct mods make good power...
WAS MY UNDERSTANDING, as you have to send them your factory tune, prior to getting your new tune, that its written for each car, most of it of coarse would be the same. they will rewrite and send you a new tune if and when you acquire any different upgrade..pulley, intake, exhaust ect