XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Trying to find maintenance costs in Canada

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2017, 10:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to find maintenance costs in Canada

I'm trying to find out how much maintaining an XF in British Columbia Canada will cost on average if I buy a post face lift model. I'm looking at probably the 3.0l SC engine. My wife is the most stubborn person in the world and won't be happy until I buy a GM product (Gross!). I just need to prove that this will be a cheaper ownership experience than my W220 S-Class (which was in pretty poor nick when I got it with major services having been skipped).

Old 09-16-2017, 03:49 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Well it really depends if you get it done from Jaguar themselves, or a shop elsewhere that has experience working on Jaguars.
I'm in Alberta, and Jaguar service costs add up here, with a Oil Change (recommended on 6 month intervals on the engine) costing 325 CAD each time.

Haven't had many other costs that are frequent.

Differentials are around 400 (Diff + Transfer Case) , Power Steering and brakes is about 200 each, but thats every 75,000 km I believe.

Its the little things that add up, such as 250 for the 2 engine air filters. Recommend replacing them with K&M filters anyways.

Overall I don't believe you need to follow their 'yearly' maintenance recommendations. Such as their 4 year service which they asked 5k for, if you keep up with replacing the major fluids and never miss it.

Overall not bad, I recommend just finding a shop once its out of warranty to do the services, in Edmonton we have once called "Jag Sport". Maybe are able to find something like that in BC which cut the cost almost in half.