XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

XF Reactions ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 08:46 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default XF Reactions ?

I'm curious what kind of reactions others are getting with their XF's..

So far I've had to give about 5 test-rides to co-workers, and it's all the buzz around the parking lot and in the office.. I've also noticed a lot of turned heads on the freeway, reminding me of the days when i first got my S-Type back on '02 ..

Old 05-13-2008, 09:39 PM
ud
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: XF Reactions ?

I can only imagine..Cool man..keep the image going[8D]

Old 05-13-2008, 10:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Randy,

I'll just send a link to my post on another thread.
https://www.jaguarforums.com/fb.asp?m=52183

I've owned my XF almost 2 months now & still get excited when I'm getting ready to drive it (especially now that the weather's finally getting warmer in the midwest). I'm still amazed at the amount of power, and can't believe the amount of car I got for the price. And yes, the car still gets the looks!

Best,
Tommie

Old 05-15-2008, 07:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I picked up my XF-SC last Saturday and have about 150 miles on it. I also have a V-8 S Type and find the XF SC to be a much finer car as I expected. Fit and finish is about the same, but perhaps a little more luxurious in the XF. The power and handling of the XF is just in a different (better) league than the S Type. Great power but more importantly a great transmission with multiple modes so that you can get sporty shifting or lazy shifting. With the transmission in sport mode and the button pushed for sport settings for engine and suspension, this is one fun, great handling car. Use the paddles if you wish, but the ZF in sport mode up shifts and downshifts just about where you'd want it anyway. Ride is surprisingly comfortable even with 20" wheels in sport mode.
So far, no problems, no complaints. The XF SC replaces a Bentley Continental GT which was stolen earlier this year. Obviously the price classes are totally different and while the Jag cannot match the Bentley in interior finish, it is much more fun to drive. The B had 550HP and AWD but it weighed over 5500 lbs. The XF with over 100HP deficit but with rear drive and 1000 lbs lighter is the better package for spirited driving.
Minor gripe is that the gear you're in shows when in paddle shift mode, but not when just in sport shift w/o paddles. That's about it so far. Incidentally, the blind spot lights on each mirror are a real advance IMO.
At $69990 with CA tax and license ($1000 extra for special interior combo plus the metal peddles), this is an enjoyable bargain and unlike MB's whihc are ubiquitous in CA, this car stands out.

PS That advice in the forum on how to turn off the seat belt chime is not correct. It doesn't work in the XF.