XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

2011 Jaguar Engine seized

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 10:51 AM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by dfwxf
That will only make a bad situation worse. I have not seen anything that would imply the dealer or JLRNA has any liability (legal or ethical) in this matter. File a frivolous claim against them and it only makes what may be a valid claim against the warranty company look even worse. My experience has been when you have a legitimate beef with someone you will get more accomplished, and have more credibility with the opposing lawyer and even the judge (which really helps if you want to get a satisfactory resolution to your claim), with a rifle shot at the problem, rather than a shot gun blast at anyone even remotely connected to the problem. Why would you ever want to bury one good claim among several obviously invalid claims - unless I misunderstood the facts of the situation. But to each his own, some folks prefer a good fight more than good reasonable result.
+1 and you will need the shop as a witness.

Old 07-21-2017, 12:40 PM
Received 2,183 Likes on 1,355 Posts

Hmm so engine with 3 quarts of oil would seize from what? A lack of oil? You only need approx 2qts. 1 stays in the engine and filter and 1 in the pan. So if you had 3 in pan then you had more than enough to properly lubricate the engine. Lots of v8s only have 5qts. Jaguar likes 8. Fyi i would demand proof video or picture proof. when inspectors come out they take pics OF EVERYTHING!!!!. Theyre just trying to get out of a bill much higher than the warranty they sold you.

Old 07-21-2017, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Brutal
Hmm so engine with 3 quarts of oil would seize from what? A lack of oil? You only need approx 2qts. 1 stays in the engine and filter and 1 in the pan. So if you had 3 in pan then you had more than enough to properly lubricate the engine. Lots of v8s only have 5qts. Jaguar likes 8. Fyi i would demand proof video or picture proof. when inspectors come out they take pics OF EVERYTHING!!!!. Theyre just trying to get out of a bill much higher than the warranty they sold you.
You are talking like this is something scientific. It is not. The warranty company is BS. They never had any intent to pay out on any claim. They are talking a $30k claim they will do anything to get out of paying. My guess is they will wait until the court date is scheduled and then try to negotiate out of paying as much as possible. These companies are bottom feeders. They know most people will not go to court on it. I bet you can't even find a physical address for them. And good luck contacting their registered agent.

Old 07-21-2017, 04:00 PM
Received 2,183 Likes on 1,355 Posts

Originally Posted by jaggate
you are talking like this is something scientific. It is not. The warranty company is bs. They never had any intent to pay out on any claim. They are talking a $30k claim they will do anything to get out of paying. My guess is they will wait until the court date is scheduled and then try to negotiate out of paying as much as possible. These companies are bottom feeders. They know most people will not go to court on it. I bet you can't even find a physical address for them. And good luck contacting their registered agent.
scientific??? I deal with many of these daily. One right now (royal admin)trying to do the same bs on a water pump and outlet pipe. Dragging their feet and takes f o r e v e r to get them on the phone. Even the inspector is pissed and got sent out again for same thing. But there are a few good companies like easy care, ford, carmax. But all these that call you or send letters for the most part suck. I always tell people i know to talk to the advisors at dealers. Theyll tell you what companies suck and what ones a good. They know because they deal with them all the time and know which ones are good or not

Old 07-21-2017, 04:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 513 Likes on 413 Posts

I hope you get covered. My question is were there no warning lights? IMHO if my engine started clattering I'd turn it off asap and get it flat bedded to the dealer without trying to start it again. I just find it hard to believe that there would have been no warning lights. Lastly, I think, the dealer could check the ECU for codes and warnings, but I could be mistaken.

Old 08-04-2017, 11:13 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am not making out good with dealer and warranty company.

Am i able to replace my motor with a 5.0 N/A motor? And just bolt my existing Superchargers to. 5.0 N/A engine? My superchargers are still in good condition.

Just wondering if there is any modifications needed? Is it a direct swap?

Old 08-04-2017, 11:17 AM

I think my next step if I was you is a trip to a lawyer.

Old 08-04-2017, 11:39 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by prodigy215
I am not making out good with dealer and warranty company.

Am i able to replace my motor with a 5.0 N/A motor? And just bolt my existing Superchargers to. 5.0 N/A engine? My superchargers are still in good condition.

Just wondering if there is any modifications needed? Is it a direct swap?
Hey buddy, sonsorry for you, I just did a new motor and it was a fortune. Also, you Definitly can't bolt on a supercharger to a na motor. But .
I have a perfectly good bock for sale. Lmk. Will sell cheap. 3k obo 60k miles AJ133 SC vine E 8th digit, Only pulled due to a bad timing chain, and cam bearing starting to go. Motor was pulled before any damage to block. I also have a good head (passenger) and a good supercharger for sale, I'll offer a full 90 day money back warranty on the block that it's good in writing notarized, and I have videos of the day before we pulled the motor of it running like a champ.

I live in PA not sure how we'd handle shipping but it's being steam cleaned and bolted to a transport roller so it will be shippable freight.

813-789-4948
Chris