XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

2012 XJ Bluetooth connection problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 01:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 XJ Bluetooth connection problem

After many years of enjoying bluetooth connected music and phone servive in my 2012 XJL, i tried to add a new iPhone 6s, iOS 12.0, to the music device list. I initially btained the PIN screens on both the car and the phone, but after entering the correct pin, the car screen displayed something like "unable to pair try again". Same thing happened twice more with no luck. Then, neither the car nor the phone are able to discover the other one. Also, my other iPhone will no lonber connect, although it continues to show as "connectecd" under the car phone menu (even when the device is off!). It is almost like the bluetooth transceiver in the car is not working. I've searched for ways to restart or reset the bluetooth function in the car, but no luck. Can anyone help? Thanks Lex

Old 10-01-2018, 05:16 PM
GGG
Received 16,799 Likes on 12,168 Posts

Welcome to the forum thelex,

I've moved your question from General Tech Help to X351 forum for advice from members with the same model.

Just a thought from me. The maximum number of paired phones is 5. Have you checked the list to ensure there is an available pairing?

Please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some information about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

Old 10-02-2018, 06:01 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,825 Likes on 3,144 Posts

thelex, sounds like you need to look in the owners manual and find all the fuses for the radio. Pull all of them, wait a minute, then put them all back in. If the radio starts having issues, you can have one module affect another and the way to fix this is to reset each module and allow them to come back. see what you have at that point.

Old 10-03-2018, 08:20 AM

Thanks for the input on the bluetooth problem. I turned the car off and did a few more chores. Returned to try again a few hours and everything paired perfectly. Guess it just needed "a rest."

Lex

Old 10-04-2018, 07:17 AM
Received 179 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by thelex
Thanks for the input on the bluetooth problem. I turned the car off and did a few more chores. Returned to try again a few hours and everything paired perfectly. Guess it just needed "a rest."

Lex
Like any other computer, it is amazing what "ctrl-alt-del" will do.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Thermo
thelex, sounds like you need to look in the owners manual and find all the fuses for the radio. Pull all of them, wait a minute, then put them all back in. If the radio starts having issues, you can have one module affect another and the way to fix this is to reset each module and allow them to come back. see what you have at that point.
so I'm having problems with my xfr, my reverse camera screen goes blank when reversing, bluetooth will not connect and radio isn't working do you think one of my modules has a fault and its causing these problems?

Old 10-04-2018, 03:46 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,825 Likes on 3,144 Posts

Phet, it is very possible. This is where I would start with removing the radio and depowering that and seeing if a simple reset changes anything. If yes, then see what you have at that point. If you want to know what module it is, a trip to the dealership and letting the dealership connect their computer will tell you the bad module so you can ponder replacing the acting up module. Granted, I would say that if you reset things and it works and never returns, to call it good. If it returns shortly after the reboot or doesn't return, then a trip might be money well spent. Otherwise, you are buy part after part to determine which one in a chain is bad.