XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

2015 xjl

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2018, 07:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 xjl

Hey guys! Been awhile since I posted in here. Recently traded my 2011 xfr due to electrical issues the dealer could never duplicate...and I get that. I deal with that all the time with my truck dealers. Anyways I picked up the xjl with about a year or so left of factory warranty. Just had some service done. One issue was the eco start/stop not working. Apparently the slave battery had a bad cell, and the batt light did come on a lot so they replaced. The battery light doesn’t come on now, but the eco still doesn’t work. I don’t really care, I just don’t want future issues. I’ve read there could be other issues also. Usually I have zero issues with this dealer. Maybe they didn’t test, or just relied on the computer to say everything was ok? I’ll give it a few days and see what happens. Radio was on, heated seats also. Climate set at 68. Fuel level low also, so maybe these caused it not to work?

Another issue, and my dealer says all jags are this way, is when I have HD radio turned on, the radio text does not show up on my dash or the screen. It just says what the H.D. station is. If I have my audio screen up, it does say it there. Just seems odd jag wouldn’t have it so the song info pops up. With H.D. off, it works fine.

Anyways, loving the car, miss the speed and sound of the R, but the xjl is quite a step up.

Old 03-27-2018, 08:09 AM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Loughclan
Hey guys! Been awhile since I posted in here. Recently traded my 2011 xfr due to electrical issues the dealer could never duplicate...and I get that. I deal with that all the time with my truck dealers. Anyways I picked up the xjl with about a year or so left of factory warranty. Just had some service done. One issue was the eco start/stop not working. Apparently the slave battery had a bad cell, and the batt light did come on a lot so they replaced. The battery light doesn’t come on now, but the eco still doesn’t work. I don’t really care, I just don’t want future issues. I’ve read there could be other issues also. Usually I have zero issues with this dealer. Maybe they didn’t test, or just relied on the computer to say everything was ok? I’ll give it a few days and see what happens. Radio was on, heated seats also. Climate set at 68. Fuel level low also, so maybe these caused it not to work?

Another issue, and my dealer says all jags are this way, is when I have HD radio turned on, the radio text does not show up on my dash or the screen. It just says what the H.D. station is. If I have my audio screen up, it does say it there. Just seems odd jag wouldn’t have it so the song info pops up. With H.D. off, it works fine.

Anyways, loving the car, miss the speed and sound of the R, but the xjl is quite a step up.
My '14 ECO only really works when it is warm out. Battery is usually low in the winter in the summer it is better. I put it on the charger when I get a weeks worth of dunning reminders to start the car. Like you, I really don't care. I think I do get the radio data from HD stations though. I will check and let you know.

Old 03-27-2018, 12:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 526 Likes on 371 Posts

I too don't get song info with HD or SAT radio.