XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Aftermarket rear Entertainment

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 02:18 AM
Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Aftermarket rear Entertainment

Does anybody have any pointers where to get good aftermarket headrest replacements or monitor install for this car? Did anybody do it already? I am talking standalone DVD with headrest monitor. Nothing tying into Jaguar system. Any help is appreciated.

Old 01-02-2011, 12:59 AM

I finally got around to post pictures of my rear DVD entertainment system. I originally ordered the my Jaguar with the factory OEM rear entertainment system. Turned out I would have had to wait for my car another 3 months or so in order to get it. So I took a car from dealers stock. Installed aftermarket rear headrest DVD system. And trust me, I am very picky about aftermarket items. Must look and feel OEM. And these actually do. See pictures. Leather matches perfectly. So does stitching. Actually look better in real then on the pictures. Only thing I had to give up is the pressed in leaper in the leather as that would have run afoul trademark laws.
Easy to use, works great. Either via 2 wireless headsets or through car speakers (FM modulator), can watch either different DVD on each or the same on both. And the screens have an adjustable angle for the little ones in the back. (OEM does not have that.)
No doubt I'd rather would have had the OEM with the fancy remote and tied into main system. But the mainsystem seems so overloaded at times (slow and sluggish) that, who knows, less things to worry about crashing.

Old 01-02-2011, 12:14 PM
Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Looks good gears. I wonder if you could have gotten the Jaguar leaper embroidered in to the front of the headrest. I have a friend that had Audi do that with his R8 and it looked awesome. I tried to get Jaguar UK to do that to mine but they weren't having that. But it might be too late now seeing that everything is installed. I don't think you will have copyright issues as it is a customization of something you own.

Old 01-02-2011, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by ExpatJag
Looks good gears. I wonder if you could have gotten the Jaguar leaper embroidered in to the front of the headrest. I have a friend that had Audi do that with his R8 and it looked awesome. I tried to get Jaguar UK to do that to mine but they weren't having that. But it might be too late now seeing that everything is installed. I don't think you will have copyright issues as it is a customization of something you own.
Great Idea. I wish I would have though of it. No, I doubt there would be a trademark issue if I do it for my own car. But now, I don'w want tot ake them out again. Installation was easy, but I don't want to pull the wired out again. But now you got me thinking.......

Old 01-03-2011, 01:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What brand are the headrest/monitors?

Looks great. What brand are the headrests and where did you buy them from? Any info would be helpful.

Thanks

Old 01-03-2011, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by FlyXJR
Looks great. What brand are the headrests and where did you buy them from? Any info would be helpful.

Thanks
It's a company called "Invision" . Here is the website: http://invisionautomotive.com/
They had been recommended by a Jaguar dealer I spoke with at one time (not my dealer though). They do NOT sell to the public. They ONLY sell through dealers. So I asked my dealer if they can help me with that. They where nice enough to do that and also pass on their full discount. MSRP is $ 2,495 however I paid about $1,600.
Basically they ordered it for me and handed me a box. Also I got a recommendation for my dealer for a local installer. However, I don't trust a lot of those and did it myself. Please note that they will NOT provide ANY installation instructions with it as they would provide that only to dealers as well. Was not problem as it was self explanatory.
They matched the leather perfectly and it's a good product. Not some cheap crap from ebay. Worthy of the car. I'd buy it again. If you choose to go the route and need a few pointers for installation let me know. (Given that you are handy and familiar with such things. Not if you are not a "hands on tool guy" in which case you can go to a local car electronics installer). FYI installation was quoted to me at $ 150.-- which is not much.

The following users liked this post:
Dochands (11-18-2011)
Old 01-03-2011, 07:22 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good job gears looks wunderbar.

Trending Topics

Old 11-02-2011, 11:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks great, but I think I've purchased my last RES. For my next car, I think 2 iPad2 would be much cheaper and more functional.

The following users liked this post:
Dochands (11-18-2011)
Old 11-18-2011, 02:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gears
It's a company called "Invision" . Here is the website: Welcome to Invision
They had been recommended by a Jaguar dealer I spoke with at one time (not my dealer though). They do NOT sell to the public. They ONLY sell through dealers. So I asked my dealer if they can help me with that. They where nice enough to do that and also pass on their full discount. MSRP is $ 2,495 however I paid about $1,600.
Basically they ordered it for me and handed me a box. Also I got a recommendation for my dealer for a local installer. However, I don't trust a lot of those and did it myself. Please note that they will NOT provide ANY installation instructions with it as they would provide that only to dealers as well. Was not problem as it was self explanatory.
They matched the leather perfectly and it's a good product. Not some cheap crap from ebay. Worthy of the car. I'd buy it again. If you choose to go the route and need a few pointers for installation let me know. (Given that you are handy and familiar with such things. Not if you are not a "hands on tool guy" in which case you can go to a local car electronics installer). FYI installation was quoted to me at $ 150.-- which is not much.
Invision is the brand that my jag dealer use for aftermarket install of rear entertainment system. They want $2500 (pricey) but they mentioned it would be factory warranty matched, whatever that means.