XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Audi R7 Encounter

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2017, 05:57 PM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Audi R7 Encounter

Preface: I'm a new owner(March 2017) of a 2013 XJL 5.0SC, 21K miles and have absolutley enjoyed every time I pressed the start button.

Last week end, on the way to meet a client, I pulled up behind a black Audi R7, with a vanity plate the said "G3T IT". . Hmmm?

Into Dynamic Mode I went.

Went to pass him on the right and it was game on!

He jumped me about a fender and I could hear him hit the rev limeter on every shift and that was where I stayed all the way up to 127MPH. I couldn't pass him but I'm certain that he was surprised to see the big cat stayed right on his tail.

This was my first full throttle run and had to share.

Audi Discription: Audi RS 7 AWD , Turbo Charged 4.0 Liter V8, 560hp, 8 Speed Automatic transmission.

I see a pulley change and super tune in my future.

Best,

Ray

Old 05-28-2017, 06:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,268 Likes on 874 Posts

Strangely enough I was behind one today on the way into work. There is no doubt that they have awesome statistics (I'm surprised you were able to keep up!) and they seem to be the darling of reviewers, but the shape does not appeal to me at all.

I've driven the XJR on a track day (what an amazing experience that was, especially in the corners) and cant imagine it getting much better than that.

Old 06-01-2017, 04:25 AM
Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

I agree. The A7 shape is all wrong to me.

I suspect that since OP's encounter was basically of the "rolling burnout" type, he was pretty evenly matched overall. The Audi's power advantage negated by OP getting a tow. If it'd been from a standing start, the RS7 would've gapped a length almost immediately, which may have been insurmountable subsequently, because of the 4WD.

Old 06-10-2017, 11:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 167 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Fishnmagician
I pulled up behind a black Audi R7, with a vanity plate the said "G3T IT". . Hmmm?
"GET IT" ?