XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Catalytic Converter

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 08:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Catalytic Converter

Hi guys,

New here, trying to be a bit more of a DIY'er after spending a hell of a lot of £ over the years.
A couple of jobs I need doing but firstly my CAT needs replacing, according to my local Jaguar Dealership.

I've got the Workshop manual from TOPIX and found the location but I thought there were two CATS from my research, but not sure if this is different for other models.
Is it correct I've only got the ONE for my XJ 3.0 V6 DIESEL?? See pic below. Anyone know where I can find the part number?

Has anyone done this before, any advice? The manual says I need new nuts, studs and gaskets but doesn't say the part numbers, can I find this anywhere? Or do I have to go to the dealer?

Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated,

J

Old 11-10-2017, 10:05 AM
Received 170 Likes on 160 Posts

Again, more information is needed. Year, make, and model, and symptoms. The guy's here seem to have the manuals to answer your part number questions but they need something to work with. I doubt your locked into a dealer convertor, a good exhaust shop should be able to get an aftermarket to work. Are you subject to extreme smog checks?

Then again you did say diesel, so I'm not really part of this conversation. I'm only owned petrol cars. I've worked on a lot of turbines but never a diesel recip.

Last edited by rhomanski; 11-10-2017 at 10:08 AM.
Old 11-10-2017, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by rhomanski
Again, more information is needed. Year, make, and model, and symptoms. The guy's here seem to have the manuals to answer your part number questions but they need something to work with. I doubt your locked into a dealer convertor, a good exhaust shop should be able to get an aftermarket to work. Are you subject to extreme smog checks?
I already provided all of that, noticed I didn't put the year so that's my bad. It's a 2010. I found a few breakers and some Non-OEM cats but just want to confirm my findings are correct firstly and then part numbers would be awesome.

Old 11-13-2017, 09:28 AM

Just thought I'd update this in case anybody finds it and needs the same information. Indeed only one CAT.
Mine is on the left as in the picture, pretty expensive part. Mine is not showing any actual error codes and it passed it's MOT so I think I'll wait and try and get one second-hand.

Using: https://epc.jlr-apps.com

Exhaust catalyst and downpipe
C2D2825 - I got under the car and the part number on the CAT is: AW93-5E214-AC
Jaguar charging just shy of £1,400 inc VAT for this part

Stud
AJ88495

Gasket
C2Z15575

Nut
C2C38026

Old 11-13-2017, 09:10 PM
Received 225 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Diginari

So how does one use epc....com? Is there an access login?

Old 11-14-2017, 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by hafren
So how does one use epc....com? Is there an access login?
Yes, you sign up just like the Topix site and pay for 1 hour, 1 day etc...