XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Pre-Warranty Expiration Check List

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 09:56 AM
Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Pre-Warranty Expiration Check List

I am about to schedule my final visit to Jaguar before my factory warranty expiration. I have a 2013 XJ SC 5.0 with just under 20K miles on the clock and a history of annual service + have had the water pump replaced (and I am having the sticky interior buttons addressed currently).

My question would be this:

What should I push to have done / inspected / replaced at this service to optimize my warranty and / or set myself up for best possible post-warranty experience?

For example (while not warranty related) should brake fluid and / or coolant be refreshed?

Note: I have already made the decision NOT to purchase the extended warranty as my driving / usage of the XJ is very limited and the ROI just doesn’t work out for me.

Last edited by Ceckman; 11-13-2017 at 10:07 AM.
Old 11-15-2017, 08:12 AM
Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts

Your dealer will not go looking for issues. You must state the issues. I asked my dealer if the could do a pre-purchase inspection (PPI) before my warranty expired and I would pay for it, they said they were not allowed, and suggested I take it to an independent. Lucky I did, both motor mounts, transmission mounts, rear links, rear main seal leak, etc. I gave the dealership the printed out list and they took care of all of them including a few extras.