XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Guess whose car was finally replaced?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 03:12 PM
Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Guess whose car was finally replaced?

After much issue and dealy (6 months), Jaguar NA finally authorized my delaership to return my vehicle. I had a white one and probably could have held out for a replacement white vehicle, but to be honest, I've always loved black (and it was my first pick no thanks to my wife)... I was called and told they had a black/black, so I took it. It's a high 16k VIN build and I have had ZERO problems for the last two weeks, minus a TPMS error message. No knocks, pings, dings, dongs, video, radio, NAV, nothing. I can actually talk to my NAV system now. I can even record CD's which I was never able to do before.

They even smoked my taillights and side markers for me as a courtesy and let me tell you... blacked out black taillights on a black car is just plain nasty. I've gotten more stares with this vehicle in the last two weeks, than I did with my white one over 6 months. Some might not like it, but I think it makes the hugely grotesque red taillights very smooth looking.

Attached Thumbnails Guess whose car was finally replaced?-img_2280.jpg  
Old 06-17-2011, 04:59 PM
Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts

Hope you continue to have better luck with this one. Nice to hear positive comments. The tail lights do look good. Is the black Ebony or Ultimate?

Old 06-17-2011, 05:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bad a$$! All the best.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  19.3 KB

Nice.....congrats and hope all goes well for you

Old 06-17-2011, 09:26 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats new2jag I hope you enjoy your car, black is definitely the way to go!

Thanks for posting the pictures of the smoked tail lights, I have been thinking of doing this for a while but was scared to do it as I hadn't seen one with them smoked. It looks awesome.

Did the dealer tint them or paint them?

Old 06-17-2011, 10:17 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm glad to see you happy with your car.

I love the original configuration tail lights on the car. Very distinctive. But yours looks great, too.

Old 06-17-2011, 10:42 PM
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

NICE!!! I am also very happy for you and please keep us all posted, maybe it is true Jag in England and NA get to read these forums, huh?.. That is great, and I am glad to see them taking care of customers - that's what it is all about, really - even when the product needs revisions and what not, problems always happen, but the way those quickly are taken care of (or not) is what makes or breaks companies.

Old 06-18-2011, 12:37 AM
Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Congrats as well. I am glad they finally took care of you and that you are loving your car. Riddle me this though. What do you mean you are able to record CD's? Do you mean download CD's to the hard drive?

Old 06-18-2011, 03:29 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

I am happy for you
What a nice they did for you , smoking lights .They look very refined and not cheeky at all . If you can find a chrome frame for your tail lights , go for them . It will be like a condiment to a dinner lol

Old 06-18-2011, 10:09 AM

ExpatJag - yes, I was referring to storing CD's. I was unable to use any of the 'fun' features on my previous vehicle (BT streaming, DVD, USB and CD recording). For the first time, all the features work.

MiaXFSC - they were removed, taken apart and painted from the inside. The dealership I bought my car from has a gentleman there that does a lot of customizing. They've had some very nice XJ's and XK's in there since I started coming in, it was part of the reason I got a white car.

And to everyone else - thanks. So far, I love the car and can't stop staring at it's rear end.

Old 06-20-2011, 06:41 PM
Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts

New2Jag CONGRATULATIONS. I hope this one works better for you. Your case will really show what is going on. Early production lemon vs. serious design flaws. I know (check some of the early VIN which basically missed Radio Tuners for US market ect.) there are some early VIN's lemons out there, but I do not believe the car has any serious design flaws. I really hope you can finally simply enjoy this great machine. Have fun. Let us know how it goes.

Old 06-20-2011, 07:21 PM

Let me tell you. Having a vehicle that works makes this car the most enjoyable vehicle I've ever owned and short of a friends Lambo, the most fun. I get more stares in the black than I did with the white... and once I'm done with the tint and aftermarket wheels, I'm sure it will get worse.

I was going to let Jaguar give me a new car and then trade it I was so pissed off... but seriously, now that everything works as it's supposed to (especially all the techy stuff I bought the car for), I find myself washing it once a day to keep it looking sharp... I'm very happy.

As for Jaguar stepping up... I'm glad they did. Legally, they could have abstained from doing anything because of my perdicament with the car being 'used' and lemon law not covering me... but I'm glad they did the right thing for certain.

Old 06-20-2011, 10:25 PM
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Glad to hear that you're so happy with the car after all of the frustration with the first one.

What aftermarket wheels are you looking at?

Barry

Old 06-25-2011, 12:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great news...........I'm hoping mine works out as well.

Old 06-30-2011, 06:54 PM
pwl
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Enjoy it while it last. They replaced mine as well with a brand new one, 5 miles on it. That actually functioned flawlessly for the last 9 months, and now: popping; sunshade not closing; radio "pausing"; and keys locking in the car (that's right..see my thread on that). I feel sorry for this car...it's not half bad in design, but Jag just did not have the competency in executing the production. Things will happen, but it is clear from the many unhappy experiences that the continuing issues is beyond what should be reasonably expected.

Write back in a year, and let us know how your new car did. I'm betting you will have more than a few headaches and recurrences. Oh, that's right, if you have a great dealer service department....then who cares, right? So many here seem to think persistent problems are okay so long as your dealer/service dept. are nice people.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by pwl
Enjoy it while it last. They replaced mine as well with a brand new one, 5 miles on it. That actually functioned flawlessly for the last 9 months, and now: popping; sunshade not closing; radio "pausing"; and keys locking in the car (that's right..see my thread on that). I feel sorry for this car...it's not half bad in design, but Jag just did not have the competency in executing the production. Things will happen, but it is clear from the many unhappy experiences that the continuing issues is beyond what should be reasonably expected.

Write back in a year, and let us know how your new car did. I'm betting you will have more than a few headaches and recurrences. Oh, that's right, if you have a great dealer service department....then who cares, right? So many here seem to think persistent problems are okay so long as your dealer/service dept. are nice people.
Dude really? What are you writing this on? I hope not a computer because they constantly doing updates to fix things. Why don't you go on a Microsoft or Mac forum and complain about that. It's getting old. No one said the car was perfect and yes as long as Jaguar is actively is doing what is necessary to fix their product and its out more than its in you should be happy. I have had my car since December and my car just went in for a parking sensor issue other than that I have zero problem and the car works as advertised.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 482 Likes on 403 Posts

Black is the only way to go on the X351. I'm not a big fan of the smoked look, though!

CONGRATS!

Old 06-30-2011, 09:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 482 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by ExpatJag
Dude really? What are you writing this on? I hope not a computer because they constantly doing updates to fix things. Why don't you go on a Microsoft or Mac forum and complain about that. It's getting old. No one said the car was perfect and yes as long as Jaguar is actively is doing what is necessary to fix their product and its out more than its in you should be happy. I have had my car since December and my car just went in for a parking sensor issue other than that I have zero problem and the car works as advertised.
I think he has a right to say what he did. He probably spent months and months getting a replacement car, only to have that one end up with similar annoying gremlins and issues several months later. Definitely not a good sign for Jaguar.

Old 07-04-2011, 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by amcdonal86
I think he has a right to say what he did. He probably spent months and months getting a replacement car, only to have that one end up with similar annoying gremlins and issues several months later. Definitely not a good sign for Jaguar.
Ok look I understand he is a dissatisfied customer but that is not what this forum is about and any moderator correct me if I am wrong. This is not Jaguar's Forum or interactive Jaguar.com or their Facebook page. This a forum for people to find answer to their problems, talk about their cars both good and bad and fellowship with other Jaguar owners. What he is doing is bringing constant negativity. We got it that he got a bad car twice and now is getting an AMG. After that why still post. And furthermore why try to mess up someone else's enjoyment of their car.

He said what he needed to say not its time to move on. When I had problems with Jag I went directly to them and directly to the VP of Communications. His current posts are adding no value. If he want's to constantly keep attacking Jaguar let him go to their sites and do it there.

Last edited by ExpatJag; 07-04-2011 at 02:50 AM.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:36 PM
Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by ExpatJag
Ok look I understand he is a dissatisfied customer but that is not what this forum is about and any moderator correct me if I am wrong. This is not Jaguar's Forum or interactive Jaguar.com or their Facebook page. This a forum for people to find answer to their problems, talk about their cars both good and bad and fellowship with other Jaguar owners. What he is doing is bringing constant negativity. We got it that he got a bad car twice and now is getting an AMG. After that why still post. And furthermore why try to mess up someone else's enjoyment of their car.

He said what he needed to say not its time to move on. When I had problems with Jag I went directly to them and directly to the VP of Communications. His current posts are adding no value. If he want's to constantly keep attacking Jaguar let him go to their sites and do it there.
Exactly. Go bash Jaguars on the AMG forum.

Quick Reply: Guess whose car was finally replaced?