XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Jaguar Customer Relations

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 04:10 AM
Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Hello Mike,

It's good to see Jaguar stepping up and taking their customers issues more serious. I have always said word of mouth with either say or kill Jaguar. With that said I only want to bring one general thing up and the rest I will PM you. Jaguar's website is in sore need of revamping. In particular the owners section. Its unwieldily and frankly worthless. Other cars I have owned I could actually register my VIN, pick a deanship, and stayed notified of TSBs, recalls, scheduled maintenance, or any other things the manufacture felt was important. I should not have to create a TOPIX account and pay a fee to find out current TSBs that affect my car.

Jaguar is competing with the big four or five depending on how you see it. BMW, Audi, Mercedes Benz, Porsche, and Lexus. Jaguar has to come to the table better and smarter than the competition. Your website is really the first introduction a new customer will have with your brand. Out of the five I mentioned in my opinion Porsche's website is outstanding. You could literally spend hours on there and have a good time doing it. And while Jaguar doesn't have as many models as the others you could definitely increase the experience one is suppose to experience with owning a Jaguar on the website.

Again welcome to the forum and I hope it helps to increase loyalty and ownership in the Jaguar brand.

Old 05-29-2013, 03:48 AM
Received 122 Likes on 75 Posts

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

I understand your point of view regarding updates on your vehicle. What I will do is pass this information onto our market research/marketing/after sales team so that they are fully aware of your feelings.

I can not promise that this will change but I can assure you I will make sure everyone that needs to know does know how our customers are feeling. Then hopefully over time this will change for the better.

Thank you again,
Kind Regards

Originally Posted by ExpatJag
Hello Mike,

It's good to see Jaguar stepping up and taking their customers issues more serious. I have always said word of mouth with either say or kill Jaguar. With that said I only want to bring one general thing up and the rest I will PM you. Jaguar's website is in sore need of revamping. In particular the owners section. Its unwieldily and frankly worthless. Other cars I have owned I could actually register my VIN, pick a deanship, and stayed notified of TSBs, recalls, scheduled maintenance, or any other things the manufacture felt was important. I should not have to create a TOPIX account and pay a fee to find out current TSBs that affect my car.

Jaguar is competing with the big four or five depending on how you see it. BMW, Audi, Mercedes Benz, Porsche, and Lexus. Jaguar has to come to the table better and smarter than the competition. Your website is really the first introduction a new customer will have with your brand. Out of the five I mentioned in my opinion Porsche's website is outstanding. You could literally spend hours on there and have a good time doing it. And while Jaguar doesn't have as many models as the others you could definitely increase the experience one is suppose to experience with owning a Jaguar on the website.

Again welcome to the forum and I hope it helps to increase loyalty and ownership in the Jaguar brand.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,276 Likes on 2,813 Posts

Mike,

When I call JaguarUSA (800-452-4827) for assistance regarding our two Jaguars, the quality of assistance I receive varies greatly now.

When we first acquired our S-Type in late 2008, these folks were wonderful in their efforts to get me the information I was requesting. Now, four-and-a-half years later, I usually call them only as a last resort knowing that they often convey the tone that either they're too busy to help me or cutting me short and telling me to call my dealership.

These folks need to consistently realize that without us customers, they won't have a job. Enough said.

The following users liked this post:
Stuart Beattie (07-09-2013)
Old 06-05-2013, 02:57 AM

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry to hear the standard of customer service you receive is not always of the high standard that we would expect.

If in the future you contact them and do not get the desired help/response please just let me know and I will get someone to contact you directly about this.

Many Thanks

Originally Posted by Jon89
Mike,

When I call JaguarUSA (800-452-4827) for assistance regarding our two Jaguars, the quality of assistance I receive varies greatly now.

When we first acquired our S-Type in late 2008, these folks were wonderful in their efforts to get me the information I was requesting. Now, four-and-a-half years later, I usually call them only as a last resort knowing that they often convey the tone that either they're too busy to help me or cutting me short and telling me to call my dealership.

These folks need to consistently realize that without us customers, they won't have a job. Enough said.

JimC64 (07-18-2013)
Old 06-20-2013, 09:47 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Mike -

First...KUDOS to you for jumping into a forum like this and representing Jaguar in a very innovative/social style. I think I speak on behalf of everyone when I say your engagement/participation in this forum is very much appreciated.

Let me start off by saying that I'm a very new Jaguar customer. I bought my first Jaguar in February of this year (2013 XJL SC), and absolutely love it. I can't tell you how many "thumbs up" I get while driving on the Interstate, or people literally not paying attention at red/green lights looking at the vehicle. It's a head-turner, and objectively speaking, I think it's the best looking car on the road today. I feel PROUD to be driving it.

Now...while I'm very pleased with the image of my vehicle and its presence on the roadway, the navigation/infotainment systems needs help...BIG TIME. This type of luxury vehicle at this price point should not feel like an infotainment system made by Matel. The responsiveness of the touch screen is terrible and the features are significantly lacking in a car that is priced accordingly. Ford has a better system with it's Sync system than the Jags. Now...I know....that's not why someone should be driving a Jag...but you need to have the entire package. Systems like that of BMW, Lexus, Audi, and Mercedes are YEARS ahead of Jaguar in this area. Obviously, it didn't cause me not to purchase the vehicle, but if this doesn't change, I will not be a Jaguar owner in 3-4 years. In-car infotainment technology is critical for consumers, and with the integration of smartphones/tablets/etc.., this piece of the vehicle needs to be heavily emphasized with Jaguar Executive Leadership, and funded accordingly.

I'd be happy to provide additional feedback on my ideas surrounding how this can be improved if you'd like, so please let me know. I'd also be happy to test any new software/technology should that be available.

Thanks again for your time, and appreciate you being receptive to critical feedback to make the brand of Jaguar even stronger moving forward.

Take care.

Dustin

Old 06-20-2013, 09:51 AM

Hello Dustin,

Thank you for your post.

Please see the PM I have sent you.

Many Thanks

Mike

Old 06-20-2013, 10:04 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Mike. Just responded...

Old 06-24-2013, 03:15 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thank-you for the introduction Mike. I purchased a Jaguar XKR-S convertible from Chantilly Jag in Virginia this past January. Terrible service, car delivered with one flat tire, the other plugged, dirty, took two mos. to get title, undisclosed damage, etc.,etc. The salesman said the car had XM radio. It doesn't. I am curious why only the convertibles don't while it is standard on the hardtops.

Old 06-25-2013, 02:48 AM

Hello,

Thanks for the post.

Many Thanks

Mike

Originally Posted by edehut
Thank-you for the introduction Mike. I purchased a Jaguar XKR-S convertible from Chantilly Jag in Virginia this past January. Terrible service, car delivered with one flat tire, the other plugged, dirty, took two mos. to get title, undisclosed damage, etc.,etc. The salesman said the car had XM radio. It doesn't. I am curious why only the convertibles don't while it is standard on the hardtops.

Old 06-25-2013, 07:30 PM
Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

First of all, I'd like to add my voice in welcoming Mike and expressing gratitude that JLR is making this good-faith effort to connect with customers.

About Jaguar's reputation for quality, a few observations. First of all, a good reputation can be lost overnight while a bad one stays with you a long time. This is as true of cars as it is of people. Jaguar's overall quality took a quantum leap in the mid 1990s which in automotive terms is a couple of lifetimes ago, yet the stigma remains. This happens! Look at how long it took Audi to recover from its 'unintended acceleration' debacle in the mid-1980s, even though Audi was found entirely blameless! By the early 1990s, Audi's sales in the USA had almost vanished.

But Jaguar (and other British mfrs) turned out some horrific cars for a very long time. Often seductive, full of other virtues, but possessed of embarrassing build quality as well as some questionable mechanical design issues. For a very long time. Since the mid-1990s Jaguar is a contender though; this is not to say there aren't still issues here and there. The same is true of other high-end European makes--it's not going to wash to compare Jaguar with Lexus or Infiniti, or even Hyundai though. Why this is has been discussed at length elsewhere on this site.

The poor resale value does present an attractive proposition to those (many of us) who purchase Jaguars on the secondary market...so I hope those who are complaining about that are new-car purchasers!

Finally, I wish to remind everyone that automobile dealerships in the United States are protected by state franchise laws which in virtually every case prevent manufacturers from interfering in dealership activities, including and especially disciplining dealers which mistreat customers in any way. Your recourse--such as it is--generally lies with your state's consumer protection agency, as well as the BBB, etc. (I recommend that prospective purchasers research any dealership before purchasing a car.)

Another perspective on this situation is to recognize that automobile dealerships are very profitable and historically some of those profits have found their way to state houses in order to form and maintain these laws which protect dealers rather than customers. Something similar obtains in the real-estate industry. It's often seen as a 'pro-business' mentality with which politicians interfere at their peril. None of this is intended to make light of anyone's issues with their car dealer--quite the contrary. It's just to explain that manufacturers would dearly love to get certain of their dealers in line (it's been tried!), but their hands are tied by law.

The following 2 users liked this post by Marsden:
CRC@Jaguar (06-26-2013), jagxk2008 (07-02-2013)
Old 06-26-2013, 01:32 PM
Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts
Smile

Hello Mike,
Belated welcome to the forum from my side, and I echo all the sentiments of my fellow Jag enthusiasts...it really is a breath of fresh air to have someone from Jaguar interact with its customers and loyal followers in this manner. These days, companies have to do a lot more than just have Twitter and FaceBook accounts, so interacting with your customers directly through a channel such as this is a great idea, albeit not without its fair share of risks (yelling customers, anybody? ;-) ). Jokes aside, I've been visiting this forum for over a year (member since Aug 2012) and everybody here is a consummate fan and follower of Jags, as well as professional to the core, so hopefully the interaction and feedback you receive from all of us will be constructive and professional.

I personally own a 2011 XJL and I absolutely love it. My dealership (Leith Jaguar, NC) has been a pleasure to work with and take good care of me and my car. I have had a few minor issues here and there, but all of them have been taken care of by my dealer.

I do have one open issue which I have addressed with them, where the metal covering on the brakes of both of my front wheels are rusting and look quite bad, but the dealership has told me that this is not covered under warranty. I do find this strange, since my car otherwise is in immaculate condition and I wash and wax it regularly only with Zaino products. I do not use harsh wheel cleaners...just the same Zaino car wash remnants after I have washed the body of my car. So you see, I take pride in personally washing and waxing my car, keeping it show-car clean and shiny, which is why it really irks me to see those rusting brake caliper coverings (not sure what is the right word/description). Not sure if this is something which Jaguar is aware of as an issue in general, or if it is specific to my car.

Other than that, besides getting the low battery warning whenever my car is unlocked for more than 2-5 mins (no other electronics are on, not even the radio or the ignition...just the car being unlocked while I clean the insides), the car has been great to me and I love it. Btw, the dealer has checked my battery and it seems to be fine, so it could just be the typical battery hog issue.

Thanks again for being on this forum...we look forward to having you here with us and I hope your experience is as enjoyable as ours.
Cheers,
-Warren

Old 06-27-2013, 03:13 AM

Hi Warren,

Thank you for your message and the kind words.

Many Thanks

Mike

Originally Posted by LiquidIce
Hello Mike,
Belated welcome to the forum from my side, and I echo all the sentiments of my fellow Jag enthusiasts...it really is a breath of fresh air to have someone from Jaguar interact with its customers and loyal followers in this manner. These days, companies have to do a lot more than just have Twitter and FaceBook accounts, so interacting with your customers directly through a channel such as this is a great idea, albeit not without its fair share of risks (yelling customers, anybody? ;-) ). Jokes aside, I've been visiting this forum for over a year (member since Aug 2012) and everybody here is a consummate fan and follower of Jags, as well as professional to the core, so hopefully the interaction and feedback you receive from all of us will be constructive and professional.

I personally own a 2011 XJL and I absolutely love it. My dealership (Leith Jaguar, NC) has been a pleasure to work with and take good care of me and my car. I have had a few minor issues here and there, but all of them have been taken care of by my dealer.

I do have one open issue which I have addressed with them, where the metal covering on the brakes of both of my front wheels are rusting and look quite bad, but the dealership has told me that this is not covered under warranty. I do find this strange, since my car otherwise is in immaculate condition and I wash and wax it regularly only with Zaino products. I do not use harsh wheel cleaners...just the same Zaino car wash remnants after I have washed the body of my car. So you see, I take pride in personally washing and waxing my car, keeping it show-car clean and shiny, which is why it really irks me to see those rusting brake caliper coverings (not sure what is the right word/description). Not sure if this is something which Jaguar is aware of as an issue in general, or if it is specific to my car.

Other than that, besides getting the low battery warning whenever my car is unlocked for more than 2-5 mins (no other electronics are on, not even the radio or the ignition...just the car being unlocked while I clean the insides), the car has been great to me and I love it. Btw, the dealer has checked my battery and it seems to be fine, so it could just be the typical battery hog issue.

Thanks again for being on this forum...we look forward to having you here with us and I hope your experience is as enjoyable as ours.
Cheers,
-Warren

LiquidIce (06-28-2013)
Old 06-28-2013, 11:19 AM
Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Thank you, Mike, I have sent you a PM in reply.

Cheers...really great having you on the forum! :-)

Old 06-28-2013, 11:41 AM
Veteran Member
Received 10,757 Likes on 7,101 Posts

Originally Posted by Marsden

Finally, I wish to remind everyone that automobile dealerships in the United States are protected by state franchise laws which in virtually every case prevent manufacturers from interfering in dealership activities, including and especially disciplining dealers which mistreat customers in any way.

^This is a very important point^

Most people do not understand the relationship between dealer and manufacturer

Another perspective on this situation is to recognize that automobile dealerships are very profitable and historically some of those profits have found their way to state houses in order to form and maintain these laws which protect dealers rather than customers. Something similar obtains in the real-estate industry. It's often seen as a 'pro-business' mentality with which politicians interfere at their peril. None of this is intended to make light of anyone's issues with their car dealer--quite the contrary. It's just to explain that manufacturers would dearly love to get certain of their dealers in line (it's been tried!), but their hands are tied by law.

There will forever be a tugging of pro-business versus pro-consumer agendas, and that's fine.

Without starting a debate, and certainly not wanting to get into politics, I'll say say that some people jump sides with amazing alacrity. In most cases, in my experience, those who are most vocally pro-business, pro- free enterprise, and anti-regulation are very willing to switch sides if they feel they've been wronged.

Side jumping occurs in the opposite direction as well, of course. But, in my experience, nowhere near as often.

Cheers
DD

Old 07-09-2013, 12:07 AM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Mike, can you help me please?

Hello Mike,
I have just joined this forum about half an hour ago. Desperation has brought me here.
I have an XJ Executive 1996 model. My friend says it's better known as an XJ6.
I closed my boot on Sunday [2 days ago] and my keys were in the boot.
I contacted my nearest jaguar dealer, which was in Ashford [Kent - UK], and gave them the last 6 digits of the chassis number. They said they had a key in stock and I could go and collect it.
It took me an hour by train both ways, and I collected my new key.
When I got back, the key would not open the boot. It would not open the driver door. It locks the driver door but that is all it will do.
The security light inside the car is flashing so the alarms must be on.
I am desperate as I cannot use my car.
Could you help me please?
Regards
Martin

Old 07-09-2013, 02:41 AM

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry to hear about this. Please see the PM I have sent you.

Many Thanks

Mike

Originally Posted by XJExecutive
Hello Mike,
I have just joined this forum about half an hour ago. Desperation has brought me here.
I have an XJ Executive 1996 model. My friend says it's better known as an XJ6.
I closed my boot on Sunday [2 days ago] and my keys were in the boot.
I contacted my nearest jaguar dealer, which was in Ashford [Kent - UK], and gave them the last 6 digits of the chassis number. They said they had a key in stock and I could go and collect it.
It took me an hour by train both ways, and I collected my new key.
When I got back, the key would not open the boot. It would not open the driver door. It locks the driver door but that is all it will do.
The security light inside the car is flashing so the alarms must be on.
I am desperate as I cannot use my car.
Could you help me please?
Regards
Martin

JimC64 (07-18-2013)
Old 07-09-2013, 05:58 AM
Received 79 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by LiquidIce
Hello Mike,

Cheers,
-Warren
Completely agree with you on this one Warren.

Jaguar has a rich history in brakes (first car with all-wheels discs I believe) and it is tragic that the new XJs and XFs all seem to have this rusty caliper issue. The manufacturer ought to offer some form of recourse here for proud owners. It is one of those "image" things that sways people's feelings about the brand in general and only serves to erode the potential customer base further due to perceived quality issues.

Spotless new cars with rusty calipers are an embarrassment, and a very sad sight. What does Jaguar suggest we tell admirers when they ask why the brakes are so rusty on such a new car?? First impressions are lasting.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:04 AM

Hello,

I can only suggest if you are having an issue with the brakes rusting (unreasonably) then you speak to your local dealership about it to get their opinion. If they are of the same opinion then its something we can look into and if its deemed to be a warranty failure then it can be rectified as a warranty job.

Many Thanks

Mike

Old 07-17-2013, 10:54 AM
Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Pebble Beach

Hi Mike I have tried contacting Jaguar on Twitter and Facebook. I am one of the lucky few who JaguarUSA follows on Twitter (@scottbourne) and I can't even get a response so I will make an attempt with you. Do you know if Jaguar plans to have a presence at Pebble Beach this coming Aug and/or if there are any special events scheduled there? I am driving my new F-Type from Vegas to Monterey for the week.

Thanks

Old 07-17-2013, 02:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,430 Likes on 1,940 Posts

Originally Posted by RoonieQ
Completely agree with you on this one Warren.

Jaguar has a rich history in brakes (first car with all-wheels discs I believe) and it is tragic that the new XJs and XFs all seem to have this rusty caliper issue. The manufacturer ought to offer some form of recourse here for proud owners. It is one of those "image" things that sways people's feelings about the brand in general and only serves to erode the potential customer base further due to perceived quality issues.

Spotless new cars with rusty calipers are an embarrassment, and a very sad sight. What does Jaguar suggest we tell admirers when they ask why the brakes are so rusty on such a new car?? First impressions are lasting.
So I had a look at mine (a 2003 X350 model).

This shows the caliper carrier a bit rusted, but the caliper itself is totally uncorroded and the rears are the same. In fact they look like they're made of aluminium. Hereabouts in Crewe somebody has an X351, as I've seen it in the Tesco car park, and whilst the caliper carrier is about the same as mine, the calipers themselves are rusted and look dreadful through the gaps in the wheels. Yet Jaguar put really handsome calipers on some of the cars, but not all of them. Why is this ?

Of course the brakes are fully functional and will remain so for a very long time, but if that is the case, why do Jaguar put on polished stainless steel exhaust trims; the system is already stainless steel ? So if the exhaust trims are only decorative, why not a better finish on the brake calipers too ? The customer should not expect to see such parsimony on a car costing £55,000 minimum !

Quick Reply: Jaguar Customer Relations