XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Jaguar sales down by 27%

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 08:34 PM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Jayt2
A new J D Power survey has Jaguar #3 behind Cadillac and Lexus..for customer service
The Best Brands For Customer Service
Of course, the doom and gloomers will say that it's a damn good thing that Jag is #3 in service, because they'll say if you get a Jag, then you're going to be spending a lot of time IN service.

Old 05-20-2012, 08:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 167 Likes on 120 Posts

According to the article, it sounds like this particular survey was on customer satisfaction with the dealer service quality, and *not* vehicle reliability. Personally, I've had better experience with Jag dealer service than Mercedes (more courteous, less rushed, actually called you at the time they said they would). Don't know about Porsche, Cadillac, Lexus dealer service but at this point I think *any* place is better than Mercedes!

Cheers,
Wolfy

A new J D Power survey has Jaguar #3 behind Cadillac and Lexus..for customer service

Old 05-21-2012, 12:32 AM
RJC
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

JD Power #'s are worthless, unscientific, manipulated!!! according to some here lol. My dealership's service dept has been excellent (even though the car wasn't) and the JD #'s accurately reflect this category as well.

Last edited by RJC; 05-21-2012 at 01:51 AM.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was talking to our Land Rover salesrep this weekend and was interested to hear Jag was offering LR/Jag employees discounts of up to $24k on remaining 11 cars. Sounded like a pretty good deal.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 203 Likes on 148 Posts

It's interesting to note that Jaguar's sales are up this year over last year by about 14%.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:56 PM
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Yep, I have to agree with the article, Jaguar has gotten a lot better. I own a Lexus LS-460 and the dealership experience I have had so far is bar-none. As the article says, the fact that the Lexus cars don't present too many problems really helps. I think I visited my dealership 4 times since I bought the car new in 2007, one for a recall and the other 3 for oil changes. This car has been the lowest in ownership costs car I ever had.

I'd say Jaguar could easily challenge the #1 spot if the cars themselves were built better. They're getting there, slowly but surely. At least for me, if Jaguars had reliability close to what Lexus has, I would have already jumped ship from Lexus, because in the design dept Jaguar is king.

Old 06-12-2012, 05:46 PM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by hunterjah
I was talking to our Land Rover salesrep this weekend and was interested to hear Jag was offering LR/Jag employees discounts of up to $24k on remaining 11 cars. Sounded like a pretty good deal.
Huh. My Jaguar salesman said they had 2 remaining 11 cars and it actually would have cost him $200ish per month more to lease an 11 XF than a 12 XF. Needless to say, he ended up with the 2012 XF.

Old 06-12-2012, 05:48 PM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by superflysocal
I was talking to my salesman yesterday and was surpised to hear that at his dealer, even Land Rover is far outselling Jaguar. Of course this is Texas, where SUV is almost mandatory, lol.
Oh, I believe it. Up here in the NE, my local JLR dealer ship is selling about 3-6 Jags per month, whereas it is averaging about 3-6 Land Rovers per DAY. I like that Jags aren't everywhere you look like BMWs or Mercs....it makes them stand out and seem very exclusive. Everyone thinks they cost a lot more than they actually do.

Old 06-13-2012, 01:41 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by arlingtonman
Oh, I believe it. Up here in the NE, my local JLR dealer ship is selling about 3-6 Jags per month, whereas it is averaging about 3-6 Land Rovers per DAY. I like that Jags aren't everywhere you look like BMWs or Mercs....it makes them stand out and seem very exclusive. Everyone thinks they cost a lot more than they actually do.
I also get the impression that people think Jags are most similar in price to Maseratis and Aston Martins, for some reason.

Old 07-30-2012, 08:09 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

How can I find the sales numbers for 2011 Jaguar XJ 's ?
I am looking for a break down :
Sales in North America- How many XJ 385HP
XJ 470 SuperCharged
XJ 510 SuperSports

~THANKS~
BILL------------------------->

Old 07-30-2012, 08:57 AM
GGG
Received 16,800 Likes on 12,169 Posts

Originally Posted by Pa.Bill
................I am looking for a break down :..........
Bill,

Careful what you wish for.

It might be safer to look for an analysis of the sales figures rather than risk using the b*******n word in the same sentence as Jaguar!

Graham

Old 07-30-2012, 10:47 AM
Received 969 Likes on 642 Posts

Originally Posted by GGG
Bill,

Careful what you wish for.

It might be safer to look for an analysis of the sales figures rather than risk using the b*******n word in the same sentence as Jaguar!

Graham
OUCH! Graham.....OUCH OUCH! That hurts.

Bailiff.......whack his p**p**!

Cheers,

Old 07-30-2012, 01:07 PM

Well, you know what it is. I have the car a year this month.
I have seen 4 XJ 's in that time.What were they? I have no idea. It all went by to fast. The Gettysburg sighting was the 385hp........We did stop and talk.
2 Washington DC.
1 NYC
1 Gettysburg Pa

To me, no matter if they sold 10,000 or 10. I would still feel the same about the car.
I was told, and I'm sure he was guessing, there was less then 100 SuperSports in America and I have no doubt the numbers are low all the way around.
Low numbers just add more prestige.
I was driving in NYC, Wall Street area, the beginning of this summer. The Jaguar stoped traffic, people crossing the street stopped and looked.
Thats not my thing but it is funny.
I have seen more Rolls Royce in NYC ( I'm a New Yorker ) then Jags .

I know this is a hard question. I have sent email the Auto Mags and have never received an answer.

~BEST~
BILL---------------------------->

Old 07-30-2012, 04:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,430 Likes on 1,940 Posts

Well, the news from England is that Jaguar are recruiting another 1000 staff to work at the main Jaguar factory at Castle Bromwich in Birmingham due to demand for the cars. Extra shifts are to be introduced.

Old 07-30-2012, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Fraser Mitchell
Well, the news from England is that Jaguar are recruiting another 1000 staff to work at the main Jaguar factory at Castle Bromwich in Birmingham due to demand for the cars. Extra shifts are to be introduced.
Ok --- thats good.
When I ordered the 2011 SuperSport in July of 2011, I was told the wait would be 3 to 6 months and it was just over 3 months.

Old 08-05-2012, 07:12 PM
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

I agree there needs to be an X-type to compete with the 3 series and C class. Why do we need an SUV. What do you think Rover is for? What about the future AWD's and the new V6 that will be coming out later this year. Well the V6 next year. A new four cylinder will be out soon also for the XF. You also will be surprised to know that in the next five years 40 new products will be introduced across all three brands including: Jaguar, Land Rover, and Range Rover. Yes Range Rover is considered a separate brand from LandRover. Do more research before you rant about the cons. I think there are very strong brands here. TATA is investing a lot of $$$ across all these brands. Heard it from Jag and Rover Exec's myself. It may be true it may not be. But I know TATA has put a lot of $$$ into Jag, and Rover brands.

Originally Posted by Fraser Mitchell
- NO mid-range car (X-type size) so Jaguar are now shut off from BMW 3 and Merc C class market place
- NO SUV (like Merc and BMW have) - upmarket buyers want SUVs not just sleek saloons on offer.

So at least threequarters of the potential buyers of a Jaguar have no car to even consider buying. Then there is: -

- only a thirsty 5 litre V8 in the USA.
- NO hybrid in the USA
- NO diesel offering - I'm not sure about diesels in the US; do Merc and BMW sell them, because Jaguar certainly don't. This will again shut them off from potential buyers. Of course Jaguar have excellent diesels on sale in Europe and RoW.

And even more............

- A poor reputation for reliability compared to the competition.
- big price increase on the new XJ compared to previous
- very poor dealers in some places
- not many dealers, so many would-be buyers have to drive a long way to even view the cars.

Its an awful lot to put right, and from what I can see, TATA are now concentrating on China, as this is now the biggest car market in the world.

Last edited by jaglover922; 08-05-2012 at 07:17 PM.