XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Jaguar XJ Remote app.

Old 04-27-2019, 02:27 PM
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Jaguar XJ Remote app.

Hiya, Has anyone here got the Jaguar Remote control app on their iPhone?
When I press mine to actuate the ‘start the engine and warm the car up’ it fails. The error message states that, The window is open and yet they are all closed. Jaguar customer services as with other issues are no help with this problem
2018 3.0d Portfolio.

Old 04-28-2019, 11:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have actually run into this after the last visit for service (XJ-L/2016/12k miles). I did request they update the computer software so that the interface for iPhone would work better ( and it did ) because after the latest IOS update it wasn't working well at all. The interface changed a little bit also on the car dash. But afterwards I have not been able to remote start with the exact same error you are getting. And looking in Google came across this forum. I am just going to notify the dealer and ask them what is going on.

Old 04-29-2019, 06:12 AM

Huh!, So no one has the InControl app installed then eh?

Old 04-29-2019, 08:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had posted a reply and it was under "review" and then it was removed or not passed through. Doesn't show up anywhere.

I have the same exact problem with my 2016/XJ-L. Started after I had it serviced. I also had requested that they update the infotainment computer because I was having issues with my iPhone connected. The update made changes to all the infotainment system and fixed my iPhone troubles. But that problem popped up. Now I also had an issue with speaker rattling in the door that they address by replacing the speaker. So I wonder if by any chance a cable came loose and now indicates to the computer that the window is open? I am going to get an appointment with the dealer and they should be able to address

The following users liked this post:
Langstraat (04-29-2019)
Old 05-07-2019, 08:58 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Remote App

I have the app installed but, mine doesn’t work because the car’s modem isn’t working! 🙄

Old 05-08-2019, 11:53 AM

I bought my car three weeks ago today. I took it back to the dealership 6 days ago to attend to the two software problems:
1. The Jaguar app which will enable me to remotely connect to the car via : iPad, iPhone and Apple Watch.
2. The inability to use voice control for navigation.
The dealership loaned me a XJ Super Sport and now that both problems have now been corrected I’m looking forward to getting my car back next week once the transfer of Cherished Plates is acknowledged by the DVLC.

Old 09-18-2019, 03:22 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default voice commands to control the navigation system?

Originally Posted by Langstraat
I bought my car three weeks ago today. I took it back to the dealership 6 days ago to attend to the two software problems:
1. The Jaguar app which will enable me to remotely connect to the car via : iPad, iPhone and Apple Watch.
2. The inability to use voice control for navigation.
The dealership loaned me a XJ Super Sport and now that both problems have now been corrected I’m looking forward to getting my car back next week once the transfer of Cherished Plates is acknowledged by the DVLC.

Are you saying that you can now control your navigation system using voice commands? My dealer told me this is not possible on my recently purchased 2016 XJ Portfolio. I was very disappointed.

Old 09-23-2019, 03:28 PM
Received 98 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by rmuller
I had posted a reply and it was under "review" and then it was removed or not passed through. Doesn't show up anywhere.

I have the same exact problem with my 2016/XJ-L. Started after I had it serviced. I also had requested that they update the infotainment computer because I was having issues with my iPhone connected. The update made changes to all the infotainment system and fixed my iPhone troubles. But that problem popped up. Now I also had an issue with speaker rattling in the door that they address by replacing the speaker. So I wonder if by any chance a cable came loose and now indicates to the computer that the window is open? I am going to get an appointment with the dealer and they should be able to address
Were you able to get any answers from the dealership? If so which dealership?