XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Navigation update bug fix list? - 2015 XJL

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 06:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Navigation update bug fix list? - 2015 XJL

I am reluctant to purchase the update because the current software has obvious bugs. I've not found any listing of what the update fixes (admittedly, I've not done much beyond reading the flyer... and creating an account for this forum).

I am in the US.

Does anyone know if it fixes the following:

Creating a new destination, the states list defaults to alphabetical, requiring scrolling to find the state, vs the GPS determining that by current location
Time reverts to 24hr if set to 12 hr format
Preference settings like split screen vs full revert to some as yet identified default
Some cities return two matches - the name, and Town of <name>
Navigation results conflict with <reality> - even for long existing roads. Especially if there are closely adjacent towns e.g. metro areas (Boston, NY, etc.) but also experienced in more rural areas.

Old 11-13-2017, 10:17 AM
Veteran Member
Received 513 Likes on 413 Posts

While I cannot address all you concerns, be aware, that the Nav updates take around 18 months to be ready for distribution. The NAV supplier is used by many manufacturers and so refining the parameters for all takes time. I waited 4 years before updating and things did improve some. As for split screen that usually happens on the interstates as you enter or change from one to another.