XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Pulled the trigger

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 01:30 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pwl
Well, actually I can continue with the "snarky" remarks, for those accepting continuous and persistent defects on a 90K+ without seeking appropriate redress are in fact suckers in my book! I'm just glad I have a car now where the "snap, krackle, and pop" was never an issue as it was fixed/redesigned at the factory - the design is right....vs one fixed by some dealer with WD-40, duct tape, and bubble gum. When was yours produced?
good for you.
good luck

Old 10-31-2010, 07:47 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pwl
Well, actually I can continue with the "snarky" remarks, for those accepting continuous and persistent defects on a 90K+ without seeking appropriate redress are in fact suckers in my book! I'm just glad I have a car now where the "snap, krackle, and pop" was never an issue as it was fixed/redesigned at the factory - the design is right....vs one fixed by some dealer with WD-40, duct tape, and bubble gum. When was yours produced?
new XJ owners who were participating in this forum were in fact at various levels of seeking the appropriate redress for their problems. Referring to them as suckers because as yet they haven't gotten your exact solution is inappropriate. The interesting thing is that the roof solution used in my vehicle is what is now standard in the newer ones. I haven't had any further issues with the roof or anything else since the initial service was done. From your post, most would have to believe that you got the worst vehicle of lot ! From your own description almost every system of that car was broke. So yes, you had a certifiable lemon and you are entitled to a new vehicle as would anyone in your same situation. Bravo for you that you went through the process and got what you wanted. My point is that the purpose of a forum like this is to be informative, supportive, and to share experiences. I can't see how calling people suckers or attacking members having similar problems are helpful.

Old 12-11-2010, 05:40 AM
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by pwl
No, I do not that have that XJ. I have another 2011 XJ. This one, flawless so far. No updates needed...everything working, new, out of the box, from the factory. No Billy Bobs pulling out your roof liners throwing spaghetti against the wall. This one rides, works like dream. This is what I envisioned when I first got the XJ.
I'm happy that your XJ is working out. That's what it should be all about. Word of advise. Never buy brand new first year cars. I had a customer tell me the other day, that he never buys first year cars, but he turned around and got an early VIN 2011 XJ, go figure. He likes it, hasn't had any major issues so far. Knock on Wood.

Old 12-11-2010, 04:14 PM
Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by jaglover922
I'm happy that your XJ is working out. That's what it should be all about. Word of advise. Never buy brand new first year cars. I had a customer tell me the other day, that he never buys first year cars, but he turned around and got an early VIN 2011 XJ, go figure. He likes it, hasn't had any major issues so far. Knock on Wood.
I understand completely. My credo has always been "never buy a first year car" too, but I got the first XJ delivered by my dealer because the car is just so appealing. Yes, I have suffered a little with all of the "fixes", but now that all is well, I know that I made the right decision.

Old 12-11-2010, 06:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

watch them like a hawk on the fixes and make sure they don't glom up your interior, headliner, etc..

Old 01-01-2011, 06:47 AM
Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

I think Jaguar's response to these issues and their dealerships handling of the problem will make or break the company. They are winning tons of awards but if the people buying the cars are not happy game over. It seems to me as if Jaguar NA needs to do a certified program of its dealerships. The knowledge and service level doesn't seem to be at an acceptable standard across the board.

Old 01-01-2011, 11:20 AM
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

congrats on the new purchase