XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Should I pull the trigger on a 2012 XJL SC?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 09:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I pull the trigger on a 2012 XJL SC?

I have been looking for '12 and '13 XJLs (Portfolio or Supercharged).
It has been hard to find nice ones that do not need tires, rim work or have high miles.
I have found a 2012 XJL S/C with under 30K miles for around $37,500

really clean car but it's British racing green. I dont totally mind the color but would prefer black or white.

It is CPO certified so I'm comfortable with the extended warranty.

AM i missing something or should i just pull the trigger

thanks

Newbie to the forum

Old 11-23-2016, 08:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 219 Posts

It sounds like a winner to me! If you don't "hate" the color, you should be okay; the longer you own it the more it will grow on you! I wasn't crazy about the color of mine when I bought it (Lunar Grey), but it was the only one they had in stock with the equipment I wanted. If it had been a color I absolutely hated, I would have passed but this was one I just felt indifferent to. In the end, I've gotten more compliments on this car than I ever did with my magnolia Rolls-Royce or my Ruby Red Metallic Mustang convertible! I've grown to be very happy with the color choice. They are fantastic driving cars and it sounds like you've found a gem.

Dwayne

Old 11-30-2016, 09:55 PM
Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Got mine two years ago and the color is Claret (reddish). It was the color I wanted but something you may like to know. I've not seen any green Jaguars in my travels so you may have hit on a color that you definitely won't often see--could possibly be a good move.