XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

software upgraded

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 02:23 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default software upgraded

Picked up my car after software upgraded, they said voice working, they obviously never checked it because it didn't. Got them to fix it ,seems to be pretty good now. Slow input just like the software that ran the screen. Takes forever to input a navigation address. The screen did speed up a little. Still takes a strong finger to get anything input. Blackberry telephone stills seems to persist being a problem. Calls dropped, phone not recognized.
Still makes no sense why if talking on the telephone hand set no radio will play.

Old 10-27-2010, 06:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Muting the stereo when a call is active is pretty much standard in my experience.

Old 10-31-2010, 07:57 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

muting is normal and it sounds like the phone/car link isn't set up correctly. The bluetooth discovery mode has to be initiated first on the phone and the car bluetooth handshake will work correctly. You will first need to remove your first saved connection on the car computer also.

Old 10-31-2010, 10:29 AM

the voice activation is useless. you have to be repetitive. it's easier to use the iphone voice recognition.
so therefore I won't use it.

Old 11-02-2010, 02:03 AM
Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts

Just some info to compaer. Got my software upgrade right at time when I got the car. Voice worked right away. Screen still sluggish but a tad faster as on early demo. I found rather then hitting the screen hard, leaving finger on the spot longer helps. (May be I am imagining it who knows)

Blackberry: At first I couldn't get Bluetooth Stereo Music going. Tried every way from Sunday. Now after 1 day and a night in the garage, it simply works Blackberry 9700 seems to be 100% compatible. Works perfect now. No dropped calls or anything out of the ordinary.

I do know dealers are having a hard time with the software upgrades at time. They told me sometimes they "hang" and it can take hours to upload.

Old 11-04-2010, 12:53 AM
Talking

Picked up the car today after the software update the voice activation for the phone worked just fine. Decided to see what would happen if I asked for navigation it announce something wasn't available and wouldn't work. So far everything works just fine except according to the nave my home address doesn't exist lucky I'm moving next week

Old 11-04-2010, 10:03 AM

Mozart, I'm actually getting my update today. I think your problem with NAV is that the software update deleted everything you had stored. I was told that the entire system gets wiped before it is reprogrammed. Here's hoping mine goes fine .... Interesting enough my roof noise is fixed but the roof on the loaner XJ that they just gave me makes noise...

Old 11-06-2010, 09:08 AM
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by XJcat
Picked up my car after software upgraded, they said voice working, they obviously never checked it because it didn't. Got them to fix it ,seems to be pretty good now. Slow input just like the software that ran the screen. Takes forever to input a navigation address. The screen did speed up a little. Still takes a strong finger to get anything input. Blackberry telephone stills seems to persist being a problem. Calls dropped, phone not recognized.
Still makes no sense why if talking on the telephone hand set no radio will play.
Blackberry phones and Jaguars don't mix, and they never will. Everybody always thinks it's the car, but it's the phone. Try doing the navigation through the voice activation. It seems to work pretty good. Change the language through the screen from British English to American (US) English.

Old 11-07-2010, 11:55 AM

how do you change from british english to american english?

Old 11-07-2010, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by jcamp
how do you change from british english to american english?
you use the right sided controller on the steering wheel and scroll down to language selection, then click and a long list of languages drops down. Then you choose from there.
BTW I got my update and all went well. The software update took about 2.5 hrs. On my way home (3hrs) I tried out all the stuff and it all works great. The voice activation was flawless and quite easy to master. I will say that after reading some of the above threads it seems the dealerships are not spending enough time with their clients. My dealer would not let me leave with the car until he spent a lot of time going through all the menus and procedures with me enough times to get me up to speed and comfortable with how it all is suppose to work. They offer a 2 hour hands on tutorial if needed. I think this is essential to get the most of the car's capabilities. It was a sweet drive home

Old 11-08-2010, 04:29 AM
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Celestial
you use the right sided controller on the steering wheel and scroll down to language selection, then click and a long list of languages drops down. Then you choose from there.
BTW I got my update and all went well. The software update took about 2.5 hrs. On my way home (3hrs) I tried out all the stuff and it all works great. The voice activation was flawless and quite easy to master. I will say that after reading some of the above threads it seems the dealerships are not spending enough time with their clients. My dealer would not let me leave with the car until he spent a lot of time going through all the menus and procedures with me enough times to get me up to speed and comfortable with how it all is suppose to work. They offer a 2 hour hands on tutorial if needed. I think this is essential to get the most of the car's capabilities. It was a sweet drive home
I'm a jag tech, and I can't understand why the person who does the update wont take 10mins of their time just to make sure the voice, nav, tmc, ipod, bluetooth etc.. works. I mean people down the road are going to come in and complain about the operation of these items, and If u don't know how they work, then you will be waisting time down the road. I also get calls from customers that have had the update done, and they're asking me over the phone how this works, how that works, how to do this etc... I would look pretty dumb if I can't explain to them how to do this over the phone. Long story short, verifiy proper operation.

Old 11-09-2010, 05:25 PM
Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts

My car has now been at the dealer for a week getting the software updates and other "fixes". They tell me that my "audio control module" would not take the download so they installed a new one and it didn't take it either. They then contacted Jaguar in the U.K. who told them not to try another new module, but to send the one that did not work up to some Jaguar corporate facility in New Jersey for them to analyze the problem and do the download. The dealer overnighted the module to New Jersey today and it is supposed to be worked on tomorrow and overnighted back to them for receipt on Thursday. Lucky me (they do tell me that they have fixed my roof popping noise--we'll see).

Have any of you techs out there experienced this same problem on any of the new XJ's you have downloaded the software updates to?

Old 11-09-2010, 09:00 PM

My software install took 2.5 hrs. A quirk the techs found was that if there were any iphone or other smartphones around with bluetooth on and previous connect/pairings that would "wipe out" the install. They deleted all previous jaguar/iphone(smartphone ) bluetooth addresses from the iphone prior to installation of the new jaguar software and all went well.

Old 11-10-2010, 09:43 AM

My audio control module is on backorder so I'm not even to the point of software installation. I hope to get this over with soon.

Old 11-11-2010, 03:37 PM
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default My update

I just had my software updated. It appears that the type of software update is dictated by the VIN numbers. My VIN ends in 6083 and did not need the audio module (VIN group 6001-7499). Roof brackets are in this update for all cars. My update took a day and a half. BTW all presets were wiped out including phone settings, audio settings and navigation settings. You have to start from the beginning. You also need to learn the voice command settings.

Old 11-12-2010, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by HouTexJag
My car has now been at the dealer for a week getting the software updates and other "fixes". They tell me that my "audio control module" would not take the download so they installed a new one and it didn't take it either. They then contacted Jaguar in the U.K. who told them not to try another new module, but to send the one that did not work up to some Jaguar corporate facility in New Jersey for them to analyze the problem and do the download. The dealer overnighted the module to New Jersey today and it is supposed to be worked on tomorrow and overnighted back to them for receipt on Thursday. Lucky me (they do tell me that they have fixed my roof popping noise--we'll see).

Have any of you techs out there experienced this same problem on any of the new XJ's you have downloaded the software updates to?
Update. They have now had my car for a week and a half. They now tell me that after getting the audio control module back from being programmed in New Jersey, they have determined that I need a new amplifier which they have to order! I asked them to take one out of a car in their stock, but they say that each amplifier is programmed for a specific car--I find that hard to believe. I really don't think they have a clue. At least they agreed to take me out of the Cadillac loaner car they gave me and put me in an XJ, but this is still a real pain. I just want my car back.

Old 11-12-2010, 06:08 PM
Unhappy my updates

I have a XJL (regular audio) and it has been with the dealer for three days now... Hard to get a straight answer from them. They were supposed to do software upgrade to fix electronic issues and also fix the pop/clomp/thomp noise in the roof. Something is not working well it seems... Now we are looking at Monday or Tuesday. Seems that the roof noise is the biggest issue they are having but then again, they are not telling me much.
My VIN ends in 2635.

I have a brand new XF loaner with the same XJ engine and I actually like that car a lot... maybe I should keep it and give up on the XJL!

Old 11-12-2010, 08:51 PM

It seems that Jaguar dealers/service are not all created equal.... I was told that each service dept. has to put forth on their own to learn how to service their cars rather than have a "Jag school" where all the service personnel go to get educated on how to repair and maintenance Jags. Instead they have to individually learn how to work on these vehicles by logging on to a computer site for instructions and advice. Maybe that explains the hugh differences in everyone's recent upgrade/repair experiences ???

Old 11-12-2010, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Celestial
It seems that Jaguar dealers/service are not all created equal.... I was told that each service dept. has to put forth on their own to learn how to service their cars rather than have a "Jag school" where all the service personnel go to get educated on how to repair and maintenance Jags. Instead they have to individually learn how to work on these vehicles by logging on to a computer site for instructions and advice. Maybe that explains the hugh differences in everyone's recent upgrade/repair experiences ???
I couldn't agree more.

Old 11-12-2010, 09:32 PM

my voice activation doesn't work all the time. it has it's days . I say phone contacts and she says their is no contacts stored in the system. My contacts are clearly on the phone addreesses if I touch them manually.

Quick Reply: software upgraded