XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Trim Removal Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 12:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trim Removal Question

I'm trying to change the bulbs in my 2013 XJ to LEDs and also wire up a dash cam to the overhead console. I tried using a plastic prybar to pull straight down but it was hanging on pretty tough, so I quit. Is there any secret to taking that part down?

Also, how do you access the bulbs in the floor of the rear seats? I can't seem to remove that clear lens cover

Old 07-10-2017, 04:43 PM

I figured out the rear footwell seat lights, so here's a picture in case anyone else needs help with it
2013 XJ (X351) rear footwell light - Album on Imgur

Old 07-10-2017, 10:14 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

For the rear footwell seat lights, are the LEDs significantly brighter than the stock bulbs? I like the stock yellow light but would be happier if it could be brighter.

Originally Posted by greggo
I figured out the rear footwell seat lights, so here's a picture in case anyone else needs help with it
2013 XJ (X351) rear footwell light - Album on Imgur

Old 07-10-2017, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by JP-Empire
For the rear footwell seat lights, are the LEDs significantly brighter than the stock bulbs? I like the stock yellow light but would be happier if it could be brighter.
I bought Ice Blue LEDs for mine and I'd say they are about the same brightness, maybe a tad bit brighter. For me, I'm changing them so the whole car matches the phosphor blue of the illuminated sills.

I figured out out to take down the front overhead console. I had to use my plastic prybar on the specific spot where there is an underhang for the prybar to get under. You start at the back (towards the trunk) and one those two "POP", the rest just falls out. DO NOT try to start from the windshield side. Here are two pics I took for future reference.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet