XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

What did you do to your X351 today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2020, 10:42 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,288 Likes on 1,798 Posts

I have had the lower pulley and tune about 2 years now on my 2014 XJR. You WILL be satisfied and for the price it's the best set of mods I have ever done!
Surprisingly my rear tire wear does not seem to be much different than before? I am very impressed with this E-diff and how well it puts the power down. Unless you do a lot of burnouts with the TC off you won't go thru tires. The car pretty well just goes!

Does the 2012 SC have the E-diff? Pretty sure it does.

I would recommend a rear diff oil change and it's super easy on this car. As always be very sure you use the right fluid.
Here is my thread on the change but it's really simple as Jaguar gives you a drain and fill plug although I am still puzzled about why they have different heads?

Rear Diff Oil Change

Old 12-10-2020, 09:37 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default The green wrap

Originally Posted by Grizzley1
like he said "Yikes "
If your talking about the green wrap, yes I did say Yikes!!!

Old 12-19-2020, 12:45 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dmchao
After getting my replacement engine installed I finally got a chance to wrap my front splitter parts and install them. I would not buy these again but I think for the purpose fit and finish are acceptable. I got paint match vinyl from Colormatchwrap.com and would recommend their product. It’s Avery and I don’t really like how it responds to heat but it wrapped ok. I am not great at tucking edges.

Hello looks good! Haven't been on here in awhile, just saw an email randomly.

Yes I don't really like avery either. For me, I prefer to go with 3m but avery does have nice colors as well.

Old 12-19-2020, 12:53 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Cars been sitting for awhile, I'm planning my engine replacement soon. I miss driving it. It's so dirty smh.

Old 12-20-2020, 03:02 PM
Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

Best of luck! The NM edition is quite luxe, hope you have yours back soon. Today, I went for a touchless wash and finished detailing inside and out - I ran out of Kamikaze V2, so I used the rest of my CarPro Reload before I park it for a bit. Snow's coming soon - finally have a garage at our place to keep em warm this season.

Old 01-10-2021, 03:40 PM
zYx
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Talking

The centre roof console rattling was driving me mad so I ensure that's no longer the case + some pics for documenting.

THis orange clip was hanging unclipped

Ford?

Debugging

Debugging

Those buttons were most likely rattling so I used a bit of foam in between the gaps

Hot glue to keep all the plastic parts together

Jaguar used hot glue to keep those chrome buttons in one place

Finished. It already feels more sturdy.

Old 01-11-2021, 09:23 AM
Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

Good pics.
Not too many bugs.
Yes, they still use some Ford parts, exsample engines are PSA/Ford desings before JLR made own ignemium desing in 2017. Ford owned JLR up to 2008 before Tata Motors.
Major part of electrics are from Denso though.

I used silicon grease on clips of the frame of centre display and hard button panel. It allows frame/panel to move, but do not made craking noise when touched.

The following users liked this post:
zYx (01-19-2021)
Old 01-18-2021, 09:40 PM
Default .

Originally Posted by Randy Mounts
What is an electronica plate?

Old 01-18-2021, 10:02 PM
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Grizzley1
What is an electronica plate?
I think that might have been in reference to my post. I have an electronic license plate that is sync up with the DMV here in California. It works with my phone to pay my registration, update messaging on the bottom and I can switch the black and white to vice versa. There are other features to where if my car is stolen I can hit a button on my phone and the license plate will just say the word stolen on the back to let others now. It’s called an RPlate. Look them up or go to my IG at www.theblkjag.com.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your X351 today?-untitled.jpg  

Last edited by demiroquai; 01-19-2021 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Added photo
Old 01-19-2021, 09:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 515 Likes on 413 Posts

That E-plate is so cool.

Old 01-19-2021, 01:10 PM
Received 107 Likes on 78 Posts

Does the E-ink tag in CA eliminate the need for a front one? If so, that's almost reason-enough to get one.

Old 01-19-2021, 01:22 PM
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Baltobernie
Does the E-ink tag in CA eliminate the need for a front one? If so, that's almost reason-enough to get one.
I wish. The front plate is still a requirement in California. But just for context, I haven't had a front license plate on my cars for the last 15 years and have never received a fix it ticket. In addition, even getting pulled over I've never been called out for not having one. I removed the brackets to give it a cleaner look.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your X351 today?-jag.jpg   What did you do to your X351 today?-infiniti.jpg   What did you do to your X351 today?-imag0248.jpg  
Old 01-19-2021, 04:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,288 Likes on 1,798 Posts

Yea me too until this year. I am in Texas and I had to send the judge a picture showing I installed the front plate so they reduced the ticket to $10.

Old 01-22-2021, 11:38 AM
Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

This week I replaced my leaky headlamp washer nozzle on the drivers side. It turns out the assembly had been cracked in some way shape/form, but it was fairly easy to replace. Remove fender liner screws, remove two bumper bolts, pull bumper back and unscrew 3 tiny fasteners, pull out and replace making sure the O ring seals again.

I went crazy trying to get it to wash to test it and forgot the headlights need to be on for them to actuate. LOL. Left my neighbors lots of puddles on the curb.

Old 01-22-2021, 01:45 PM
Received 107 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by clubairth1
Yea me too until this year. I am in Texas and I had to send the judge a picture showing I installed the front plate so they reduced the ticket to $10.
I've been using the Sto-N-Sho p/n SNS78 for over a year without getting stopped. If pulled over, my excuse will be "sorry officer, I detached the tag for the car wash and forgot. Will you allow me to re-attach it?" https://stonsho.com/

Old 01-25-2021, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by demiroquai
I think that might have been in reference to my post. I have an electronic license plate that is sync up with the DMV here in California. It works with my phone to pay my registration, update messaging on the bottom and I can switch the black and white to vice versa. There are other features to where if my car is stolen I can hit a button on my phone and the license plate will just say the word stolen on the back to let others now. It’s called an RPlate. Look them up or go to my IG at www.theblkjag.com.
That's pretty cool, they don't have them in NY

Old 02-01-2021, 07:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 527 Likes on 371 Posts

Well, after three months, my Jag is finally back on the road. After getting sick in October, wasting time in November trying to figure out the problem, getting sick again in December, and then just generally not giving a damn for most of January, I finally towed the car off to European Auto Service. It took them a few days to figure it out but it turns out my sneaking suspicion was correct: it was all my fault. While doing my big preventative maintenance binge last March at the beginning of lockdown, I removed the symposer and blocked off the corresponding port on the passenger side intake manifold. It turns out my vacuum cap held on by high-temp JB Weld wasn't such a great idea, so they created a proper blanking plate. My cigar smoke method of looking for the leak wasn't good enough but even they had to try two different machines to finally find it.

While the engine runs fine now, my long term fuel trims are still a little higher than they're supposed to be, around 15-20 at idle. I'm hoping they'll settle down as I drive the car more.

Anyway, that's the end of that saga...hopefully.

Old 02-01-2021, 10:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 527 Likes on 371 Posts

I forgot to mention...I unplugged the servotronic valve on the steering rack. The steering is so much more firm and sporty, it feels wonderful. The only problem is that Dynamic Mode cannot be enabled while the servotronic is unplugged. I'll have to decide what I value more.

Old 02-02-2021, 07:31 AM
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Gave the "new to me" XJLR new wipers, filters, and an oil change. Going to change out the diff and brake fluid in a few 1000 kms. Loving the car so far, so much room in the back for the little guy, who giggles a lot when I stomp on it

Tried to put in the attached block heater, but the tech at my shop said the receptacle is Euro spec, and the hole in my grille is NA spec, so it doesnt fit. So it just sits there zip tied behind the headlight. Typical.

Old 02-02-2021, 10:20 AM
Received 98 Likes on 70 Posts
Default Block Heater

Originally Posted by ChaosphereIX
Tried to put in the attached block heater, but the tech at my shop said the receptacle is Euro spec, and the hole in my grille is NA spec, so it doesnt fit. So it just sits there zip tied behind the headlight. Typical.
I have the block heater and it fits correctly in the driver front vent.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your X351 today?