XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Is the XJ(L) an attention magnet, or what?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 05:53 PM
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by MadManOfBethesda
But then again, I see multiple Bentleys, Ferraris, and Masseratis every day down here as well.
Considering FL is a state still with high unemployment and Real Estate is still in the slumps there, I wonder what all these people do for a living there to be able to afford such cars.

Old 11-24-2012, 09:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 331 Likes on 235 Posts

Miami specifically is a hot spot. Lots of artists, actors, sportsmen have estates there. That's why those ostentatiously upmarket vehicles are present there.

Plus, all the yayo - brings in lots of cash.

Old 11-25-2012, 11:15 AM
Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

To say people who drive nice cars in Florida is due to the fact they are either actors, artists or sell drugs is about the most stereotypical thing you could say. I'm in my early 30s and everyone of my friends with a nice car like that got it from working.

The following 2 users liked this post by New2Jag:
AyyVlogs (04-07-2018), Jffcurt (11-25-2012)
Old 11-25-2012, 09:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 331 Likes on 235 Posts

I didn't say that, YOU did.

READ my post again. Where do you see the word Florida in my previous post?
It says Miami SPECIFICALLY for a reason.

Jffcurt, you should read posts carefully too, before you start thanking people for their wrong assumptions and finding their unworthy posts useful.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mind too in beijing

Old 04-12-2013, 08:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just picked up a 2013 XJ L AWD Portfolio with the 3.0L V6 yesterday. Oh wow, does it ever get a lot of looks. I bought it because it was just so unlike anything else on the road. I think many large luxury car buyers seem to just default to the much more popular brands (BMW, Mercedes, ect...) without even considering a Jaguar and they are missing out BIG TIME for that. I saw this thing at the auto show last month and had to have it, such a show stopper. I love looking at mine from every angle, it would be too hard to choose a favourite view. I think it gets so many looks because it's both beautiful and rare. Most people love the look and don't really know what it is until they see "Jaguar" on it. The XJ L is a masterpiece and I'm over the moon to be driving it.

The following users liked this post:
AyyVlogs (04-07-2018)
Old 04-12-2013, 10:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 594 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by karl262
I just picked up a 2013 XJ L AWD Portfolio with the 3.0L V6 yesterday. Oh wow, does it ever get a lot of looks. I bought it because it was just so unlike anything else on the road. I think many large luxury car buyers seem to just default to the much more popular brands (BMW, Mercedes, ect...) without even considering a Jaguar and they are missing out BIG TIME for that. I saw this thing at the auto show last month and had to have it, such a show stopper. I love looking at mine from every angle, it would be too hard to choose a favourite view. I think it gets so many looks because it's both beautiful and rare. Most people love the look and don't really know what it is until they see "Jaguar" on it. The XJ L is a masterpiece and I'm over the moon to be driving it.
Congrats on your purchase.

You are correct, there is nothing like the big Jag when it comes to luxury. I have a Cashmere XJL with tan interior and love the looks. I generally go for light color interiors. But, yesterday when I was at the dealer purchasing our XF, I saw a dark gray XJL with black interior and entering it stopped my breath all over again. I felt like I was inside of an elegant British gentlemen's club with the dark colors, fine leather, rich wood and tasteful luxury. There is nothing that the Germans make that would even come close to the atmosphere this car creates.

After owning my XJL for 9 months it still surprises me the number of people in public places walking up to me and making admiring comments regarding the car. The XJ(L) definitely projects a presence very few others can come close to.

Albert

AyyVlogs (04-07-2018)
Old 04-13-2013, 02:00 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just loved it when you answered the Ford comment with Nissan. LOL!!! Great retort.

Old 04-13-2013, 06:19 PM

I had all the other luxury cars and none of them gets the kind of response that my xjl does but it gets kind of wierd when people follow you to find out what kind of car you are driving I never had that before.

AyyVlogs (04-07-2018)
Old 04-13-2013, 10:21 PM
Received 350 Likes on 224 Posts

I get lots of stares in my old 1995 X300 Daimler. It is in good condition, and I keep the chrome alloys clean.
A little 7 yr old kid said, "cool car" the other day..

Attached Thumbnails Is the XJ(L) an attention magnet, or what?-car.jpg  

Last edited by AL NZ; 04-13-2013 at 10:53 PM.
AyyVlogs (04-07-2018)
Old 04-14-2013, 09:59 AM

There is a grave difference between the other luxury sedans I had the Bmw 7 series,Lexus LS,Mecedes CLS and the Audi 8 and the reason I bought the XJL is it stands alone.I am a car nut and it is like going to a cookie cuter subdivision and seeing a house that has a totally different design of the other homes that stands out way above the other.It is a pleasure to drive down the street and feel like your driving a exotic car.

AyyVlogs (04-07-2018)
Old 05-27-2013, 02:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nope, its completely normal and happens with older models too. Its even more intense when two are parked next to each other. I bought an XJ8 last summer and my dad got one this year and it is fun parking next to each other and watching all the people double take. But I will have to say that in the (small) town I live in I have yet to see a new body style XJ (or XK), I've seen more E-types here. Its kinda said when all the Jags you see are X-types and S-types and a rare sighting of an older XJ(unless your driving one). It helps in large parking lots though.

Old 07-07-2013, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by New2Jag
Mine is all black, super tinted windows and all the lights and side markers are blacked out... so I get a LOT of attention - from Police. When they pull me over. At night. They find a reason. I've never gotten a ticket though. It does look like a drug dealers car. I wish I would have kept my white one. :-( Anyone wanna trade?
I'd love to see a picture of your car blacked out please.

Old 07-08-2013, 06:29 PM

They are truly beautiful cars that can't help but be admired!

Old 04-07-2018, 10:24 PM

I'm the admin of Jaguar/Aston Martin True north and AMG Private Lounge (4k members) in the GTA as well y'all should join!

Old 04-18-2018, 10:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have a white 2016 XJ L with cashew/truffle interiors. The car gets a ridiculous amount of looks when I'm driving it. My wife gets embarrassed. She tells me peoples' necks look like they're going to break off as they turn their heads to get a look as they drive by. I've had two people come up to me at the car wash to ask to take a photo of the car. I get all kinds of compliments at work by the security guards.

I live in the NoVA are, so it's not like we don't have nice cars here - but as others have said, mostly the usual German suspects. These are very rare here.

Old 04-18-2018, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by axr6
I often cover up my cars during the hot California summer/fall days as I park at my regular, upscale hotel and walk across the street to my work location. The car is very prominently parked by the front entrance of the hotel open for unobstructed side/front/back viewing.

Today, I left the cover off due to a threat of rain. When I walked into the dining room for dinner two men walked up to me, raving about the looks of the car. Soon, other diners, men and women, young and even an older distinguished-looking couple, overheard the conversation and chimed-in with their admiration, how gorgeous and special the car looked and that they've never seen one before. Soon, I felt like celebrity standing in the dining room, surrounded by questioning people, explaining various details about the car, about its performance options, aluminum construction, interior features and, of course, its superior looks over the competition.

I had owned some rather nice cars in the past, including my other present Jaguar, a gorgeous, Emerald Fire '08 XK. I am used to of people admiring my cars. I maybe wrong but, I feel that my XJL is getting more positive attention than just about anything I'd driven before. It is indeed a very special exercise in styling, making a huge luxury sedan look sexy, sleek and sophisticated. Not an easy task but, exceedingly well done.

Today was only a single example for the attention the car has been drawing. Am I the only one noticing this much positive reactions from total strangers?

Albert
the feeling is mutual! Every time I pull up to a gas station in (weatherford TX) no one knows what the car is. I live in a very outskirts Texas style town and when you pull up to a shell station in a blacked out Jaguar XJ 5.0, people ask if it’s a Maserati or Bentley 😂 shoot I wish.

Old 04-19-2018, 10:18 AM

Lol I can attest to that, our old supersport when we got it brand new, my school teacher tripped while staring at it lol, even my friends black 458 was parked in front and the cat got a few more stares, I feel like people dont wanan look at a ferrari overtly due to envy oftentimes, for some reason, but with cars that are purer in terms of design they can't help themselves, not to say the 458 isnt timeless, it's without a doubt my favorite mid engined ferrari, makes the 488 look ugly and sounds better too. I've pulled up to parties with Ghosts and every other European exotic/luxury car and every one turned over to admire the car, people who arent that well versed with cars, ask if it's an Aston Martin or Maserati, mostly gets positive attention, had peopel yell out the car name outside malls like with the S63, and in my area there is a guy with a 918 spyder, but like I used to be a cadet and here the base XJL awd can be optioned to over a 1200k, XJL SC is 140ish and SS is 150's-160 over 200 if ETO-Ultimate over 200, so I've heard some remarks from people about why are you here if youre so rich, which you'd never hear in something like an AMG S Class which just gets enviosu glances, for it's more understated but still has prescense but I feel like people assume people with top of the line Mercedes and Porsches are douchier than Aston/Jag owner, the Jag is just a beautiful car that makes a statement, like a Rapide or Phantom

Old 04-19-2018, 12:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Definitely Yes

Originally Posted by axr6
I often cover up my cars during the hot California summer/fall days as I park at my regular, upscale hotel and walk across the street to my work location. The car is very prominently parked by the front entrance of the hotel open for unobstructed side/front/back viewing.

Today, I left the cover off due to a threat of rain. When I walked into the dining room for dinner two men walked up to me, raving about the looks of the car. Soon, other diners, men and women, young and even an older distinguished-looking couple, overheard the conversation and chimed-in with their admiration, how gorgeous and special the car looked and that they've never seen one before. Soon, I felt like celebrity standing in the dining room, surrounded by questioning people, explaining various details about the car, about its performance options, aluminum construction, interior features and, of course, its superior looks over the competition.

I had owned some rather nice cars in the past, including my other present Jaguar, a gorgeous, Emerald Fire '08 XK. I am used to of people admiring my cars. I maybe wrong but, I feel that my XJL is getting more positive attention than just about anything I'd driven before. It is indeed a very special exercise in styling, making a huge luxury sedan look sexy, sleek and sophisticated. Not an easy task but, exceedingly well done.

Today was only a single example for the attention the car has been drawing. Am I the only one noticing this much positive reactions from total strangers?

Albert
I agree, I am 58 yo, and have driven many luxury and sports cars. I get many people come up and ask about it, or tell me the car is beautiful etc. The owner of my place of work who has 2 Teslas and an 750Li, told me that the styling is stunning
2012 XJ-L Silver

Old 05-28-2018, 05:23 PM
Default "A thing of beauty is a joy forever" J. Keats

In Feb 2018 I bought a 2016 XJ (SWB) British Racing Green Metallic over Cashew Leather & Burl Wood Trim with 20" Polished Kasuga wheels. Kept it in a garage 2+ months to protect it from NY winter salt & snow. First day out on the road, I notice I'm being followed by a new Honda SUV. After a few turns, he's still on my tail, I pull over to let him pass.
During the last 50 years I've received an occasional compliment on my prior rides(Buicks), but this guy (about 40+ y/o) certainly "Made My Day". He asked me what year car was it. Then he asked me how MANY times a day do I get compliments on this car ? I told him this was my first day out driving & it's been only for 20 minutes so far, and he was the first person to say anything. He then went on to say that the Jag was the MOST beautiful car he has ever seen!, and that he promised himself years ago he would NEVER own a 4 door car, but now he changed his mind!! I said thank you, he drove off with a smile on his face almost as big as mine.I have received more compliments since then but never more memorable.

Quick Reply: Is the XJ(L) an attention magnet, or what?