XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

2000 VDP - SC Premium Sound - AM/FM not working

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 10:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2000 VDP - SC Premium Sound - AM/FM not working

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and this is my first post! I've been to the dealer twice already and will be taking my jag back again next week for the same issues. In the meantime, I would be truly appreciative for any insight into these 2 problems and a question.

Problem #1 - No AM or FM - OEM Premium sound system installed

Symptoms:
- AM/FM functional intermittently, usually until car warms up and then nothing but static
-AM/FM seeks and locks to local AM/FM radio stations, but no sound is played
- CD & Navigation sound systems are fully functional

Jag dealer wanted $1700 to replace the radio. After picking my self up off the floor because of sticker shock, I ordered a used radio from EBAY (exact same model) Husband installed new radio.

New Symptoms:
- NO AM or FM whatsoever
- CD and Navigation still work fine
- AM/FM seek and lock to local stations, but no sound. Not even static.

Any thoughts?

Problem #2 - "Check Rear Lights" error message displays when right turn signal is on & the brake pedal is pushed, intermittently but regularly.

Question:
Dealer just charged me $2500 for a new throttle body last week after going into engine fail-safe mode. I just noticed the recall mentioned in the threads for the 1999. Was wondering if there is any information on recalls for the 2000 VDP-SC.

Many thanks,
Terri - Fairfax VA
2000 VDP-SC

Old 10-02-2015, 05:38 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default radio popping with brake and check brake light on with right signal

Originally Posted by tlradcliffe
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and this is my first post! I've been to the dealer twice already and will be taking my jag back again next week for the same issues. In the meantime, I would be truly appreciative for any insight into these 2 problems and a question.

Problem #1 - No AM or FM - OEM Premium sound system installed

Symptoms:
- AM/FM functional intermittently, usually until car warms up and then nothing but static
-AM/FM seeks and locks to local AM/FM radio stations, but no sound is played
- CD & Navigation sound systems are fully functional

Jag dealer wanted $1700 to replace the radio. After picking my self up off the floor because of sticker shock, I ordered a used radio from EBAY (exact same model) Husband installed new radio.

New Symptoms:
- NO AM or FM whatsoever
- CD and Navigation still work fine
- AM/FM seek and lock to local stations, but no sound. Not even static.

Any thoughts?

Problem #2 - "Check Rear Lights" error message displays when right turn signal is on & the brake pedal is pushed, intermittently but regularly.

Question:
Dealer just charged me $2500 for a new throttle body last week after going into engine fail-safe mode. I just noticed the recall mentioned in the threads for the 1999. Was wondering if there is any information on recalls for the 2000 VDP-SC.

Many thanks,
Terri - Fairfax VA
2000 VDP-SC
Did anyone have any thoughts on this one? I have the brake bulb warning light with right signal on. I also have popping in stereo when braking and though premium sound stereo is in regular mode without sub woofer option to control. I have to turn treble way up and bass way down. Please help. The popping sound could wake the dead!