XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

2004 Jaguar XJ8 front lights and windshield wipers

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 03:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2004 Jaguar XJ8 front lights and windshield wipers

Can anyone help try different things to fix problems my high and Low beams lights and blinkers not coming on with the switch windshield wipers and all 4 windo are not working try hard reset and replace switches replaced driver door module and windows switch and engine Compartment fuse Box and read lays high and low beams work when I pop the cover to the relays and Squeeze the relays but not with the switches my Rear lights blinkers and brake lights work fine it's just the front going crazy over here

Old 05-06-2019, 03:45 AM
GGG
Received 16,800 Likes on 12,169 Posts

Welcome to the forums Ryan89,

I've moved your question from General Tech Help to X350 forum. This is the place to post technical questions about your model.

Please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some information about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

Old 05-13-2019, 05:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Found the problem

Originally Posted by Ryan89
Can anyone help try different things to fix problems my high and Low beams lights and blinkers not coming on with the switch windshield wipers and all 4 windo are not working try hard reset and replace switches replaced driver door module and windows switch and engine Compartment fuse Box and read lays high and low beams work when I pop the cover to the relays and Squeeze the relays but not with the switches my Rear lights blinkers and brake lights work fine it's just the front going crazy over here

The problem is called Front ElectronIcs module it is located behind the hood release latch along the wall pull the plastic cover off and you will see The fuel Reset switch and right above it along the wall you will see a square shaped metal box with 5 plug to it 4 on the bottom and one on the side. Their 3 bolts. I believe it a 10mm or 8mm. best way to remove is bolts then pull it away from the 3 post and remove the 5 plugs by Squeezing the plugs levers and use a small or larger flat head screwdriver dont wanna pull by the wires to Risk damaging them. I got my front ElectronIcs module from the junk yard for 75 on a deal because thay didn't even know it was there most of the junkyard here in Houston didn't even know about it they only know about the rear ElectronIcs module but Regular price they charge is about 125 if you find one a lkq pick a parts their are cheaper well it all of my head lights high and low beams Front side markers and blinkers windshield wipers and all 4 windows go up and down everything works great now hopefully this post will help someone the time and headache and money I went through to fix the problem well good luck and let me know if it works for you thanks

The following users liked this post:
meirion1 (05-13-2019)