XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Air Suspension Fault - Suspension Fine

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 08:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 254 Likes on 202 Posts
Default Getting some soapy water

Originally Posted by meirion1
+1 on cleaning (unplug and replug) the ASM connectors, when you find it!
Unplugged the ASM connectors twice. It throw a vehicle too low code afterwards. Scanned it and the air suspension module had 15 DTC's. Cleared and all was good. Took for a drive and I swear it drove better than it has since I have owned it.
But on the way home the PITA suspension failure code came back.
I really do not have a day to spend dropping the air compressor. Will drop cowling and pan to spray airlines with soapy water, start and look for bubbles. If no leaks, dropping the compressor is next. I will be very disappointed if it turns out to be the seal is upside down. I looked it it closely when installing.

Old 07-21-2016, 11:35 AM
Received 256 Likes on 144 Posts

Wabco in place; photo attached.

Thanks.
Mag

Last edited by magmedia; 07-21-2016 at 11:40 AM.
Old 07-23-2016, 06:30 AM
Received 256 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by magmedia
Wabco in place; photo attached.

Thanks.
Mag
Try to upload again ....

Attached Thumbnails Air Suspension Fault - Suspension Fine-photo90.jpg  
Old 07-30-2016, 03:30 PM
Veteran Member
Default It is kicking my butt

Originally Posted by magmedia
Try to upload again ....
I have been fighting the "air suspension failure" code now for a couple months. It is c2303 on my reader.
1. Lubed the height sensors with spray lube.
2. Put a seal in the compressor.
3. Cleaned the ground posts in the truck and behind the headlights. The front were corroded.
4. Unpluged and replugged the four connectors on the ASM.
5. Pulled the air compressor to check deal orientation and outlet.
Still throws the code. Still holds air on all four corners for a week. Air compressor still runs and shuts off normally.
When servicing compressor the outlet line was still pressured up after sitting for over an hour. Heard it vent when unscrewed. My heart sank. Hoped it was easy. Sank further when after dropping compressor and pulling to see the seal installed correctly. Hoped I had created a problem. Cleaned up and put back together.
Car is riding at normal height. Rides great until the code comes on. Then rides rough.
What is next to eliminate c2303 code?

Old 07-30-2016, 03:54 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If you pulled that compressor out and fit new seals I would definitely re examine it to ensure it is not leaking. Other than that, another place to look for air leaks is at the lines at the tank under the spare tire. I have scratched my head numerous times spraying soapy water all over the air suspension components only to spay the lines at the tank last and find out it was the orings on the lines there.

Cheers

Old 07-31-2016, 12:50 AM
Veteran Member
Default Do not think it is air pressure

Originally Posted by Cdubu
If you pulled that compressor out and fit new seals I would definitely re examine it to ensure it is not leaking. Other than that, another place to look for air leaks is at the lines at the tank under the spare tire. I have scratched my head numerous times spraying soapy water all over the air suspension components only to spay the lines at the tank last and find out it was the orings on the lines there.

Cheers
I have checked air compressor. It does not seem to leak. Air line holds pressure for more an hour. If it is leaking the the pump can handle for more than 5 miles.
Going read potential other causes.

Old 08-01-2016, 10:36 PM
Received 12,771 Likes on 6,398 Posts

Originally Posted by Panelhead
I have been fighting the "air suspension failure" code now for a couple months. It is c2303 on my reader....

What is next to eliminate c2303 code?
Hi Panelhead,

I've been pondering your issue. The definition of C2303 from the DTC Summaries manual is:

For those who don't have the full DTC Summaries manual it can be downloaded here:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...03388427,d.cWw

From your description of the suspension behavior, it doesn't seem that you have a leak, but apparently the ASM thinks you do. I'm wondering if this may have something to do with the pressure sensor on the valve block in the trunk under the spare wheel. Perhaps the sensor is not reporting proper pressure? It might be worth cleaning its electrical connector and whatever ground is associated with its circuit if you haven't already.

I haven't checked, but it seems likely that the pressure reported by the sensor may be something that can be read by IDS/SDD.

Another question that comes to mind: are any other DTCs logged besides C2303? I'm wondering if any other codes might provide additional clues, such as a U code (CAN or other network related), a P code like P1672 or P1696, or a B code like B1312... I know, those would be obvious, but is there anything that might provide another clue?

Cheers,

Don

Last edited by Don B; 08-01-2016 at 10:45 PM.
The following users liked this post:
AD2014 (02-27-2019)
Old 09-27-2022, 02:06 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey denajohn, your post made me smile! I am still working on suspension codes (c2303, c1830) so I feel your pain. I laugh because even when things seem to be working well… the car still wants to fuss!