XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Dallas Fort Worth Jaguar service

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 09:37 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Dallas Fort Worth Jaguar service

Next month I'm planning to bring my 2007 XJ8L in for warranty service at a dealer. Does anyone have any personal experience with any of the service departments in our area?

One area that may not be covered under warranty is the rubber door seal on the drivers side has disintegrated. About a 4" section has fallen apart. Would this be covered? This is the seal attached to the car, not the door. Either someones big butt rubbed against it too many times or it's poor quality. Same thing occurred on my Millenia only it wasn't where your body would touch it.

Problem #2 is the drivers air bag code #19 keeps coming up.
Problem #3 is bluetooth has no sig.
Problem #4 both front seat headrests are non functional.

Anyones guess how long it would take a dealer to fix all this stuff?

Thanks for any inputs.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:51 AM
Veteran member
Received 1,144 Likes on 750 Posts

hey millenia, if you're going to want the SRS system diagnosed, looks like your best bet is the dealer. I have only had experience with Autobahn Jag in Ft Worth, have heard mixed reports on the dealer in Plano. Autobahn has never disappointed me in quality of their work or the service they've provided. The service advisers that meet you when you pull in rotate people every few months it seems, coming down from the volvo dealership next door or similar, except one person - Lee, you can ask for him by name to handle your car and account He's been there ever since I first brought my car into them in 2007. He worked his way up through the service dept as a technician to his current position, which gives his customers more confidence when explaining issues and repair procedures to us. I recommend him, and that service dept highly.

I often bring in doughnuts, kolaches, or if its near lunch, a couple pizzas for the guys. If Lee works magic on the invoice, and goes out of his way to help me...loaner car, etc...I always bring him some Titliest ProV1 golf *****, a restaurant gift card, or something else for a tip. He takes care of his customers, we recognize him, maybe that's why he's stayed there for as long as he has when others come and go.