XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

DCS/ABS problems =dangerous problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2019, 06:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DCS/ABS problems =dangerous problems

04 XJ8 BRG on Tan
Hi all
was hoping someone had an idea to what is going on with my favorite ride....
I was having the wonderful "suspension fault" warning for a month or so. It slowly grew more frequent and took longer to clear on its own.. The suspension then started going all the way up in front.. I had to let air out of the front struts to drive it... I tested the compressor the best I could and replaced it with a new unit. after which the compressor would run for a moment and then stop with the car remaining on dead bottom.. I determined after a hard reset that the ECU was not letting the valve let air into the tank or struts.. I was under the impression I would need to go into the system with DDS and reset it.. I purchased a new computer and a program from Ebay but was unable to get past login... eerrr very frustrating.... I had to travel for work so the car was left where it was untouched for over a week... When I returned I needed the space to repair my old favorite ride to use so I started the XJ up to move it and low and behold the suspension started to work... I was thrilled that it "fixed itself".. the car pumped up and seemed to stop about where it belonged so I hopped in to go for a test ride... Upon even the smallest acceleration the right rear wheel spun up as if were on ice... When I finally got up to some speed and depressed the brake pedal the ABS activated like crazy.. The car is unsafe and very unpleasurable to drive..Anyone have a clue what is wrong with my favorite ride???

Old 05-03-2019, 01:23 PM
wwr
Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts

special effects;

It could be helpful to know what the car 'thinks' is happening. Do you have a scan tool capable of reading the error codes, including the Jaguar specific codes? This would be a good starting point.
Search the forum for info on recommended code readers and interpreting these codes. There is also a DTC Summaries document available on the forum with explanations for each code.

Reply back with specific codes and I suspect you'll get some suggestions.

Best Regards, William