XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Glove Box lite

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 10:59 AM
Received 188 Likes on 123 Posts
Default Glove Box lite

If you have had a problem with the glove box lite burning out and have gone through the unnecessary trouble of trying to replace it, I join you.

Replaced mine again yesterday and am still amazed at the stupid design by putting the bulb in a place almost impossible to get to. Anyway, replaced it and wondering why it kept blowing out, I started feeling around and pocking here and there trying to find the "on/off button.

I did find it. It is just a simple push on/push off thing behind the rear portion of the glove box it's self, against the wall of the glove box enclosure, The little switch had fallen out of it's hole and just hanging there, leaving the lite on all the time (reason for burn out I guess, plus a source of battery drain)

Pushed it back in it's hole and lite now works properly. But, will keep tabs on it from now on, making sure it's still in it's little hole....

Old 12-29-2016, 12:30 PM
Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

If and when mine burns out, I plan to see if there is an LED equivalent. They are brighter with less heat, and should last a much longer time. I already put a couple in the trunk locations. They are whiter, which is subjectively better/worse, but much brighter, so that's nice.