XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Interior swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 04:10 AM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Interior swap

Hi all after help once again dont worry will repay with a DIY guide on leather steering wheel redye and side mirror LED bulb swap when parts arrive.

Right i have bad wear on my drivers side bolster as do most Jaguars i have ever seen. My problem is that if i get it repaired it will not have the same texture of the rest of the seat and repairs tend not to last long term. So i have been trying to contact breakers yards ect to find a seat. I have not been able to find a single drivers seat in 2004 Sand/Sable interior for the XJ but i have come across a 2007 ivory interior. My questions is my car is one of the early cars still on a G vin and these seats are from H vins upwards. So i was wondering will they fit they look slightly different for a start, but i have read about people buying the HID from the wrong year and then the canbus for self leveling ect wont talk to the new unit. I dont want to pay all this money buy the seats and find they have a different airbag system.

Any help would be welcome if i get these seats they look in great condition and come with the door cards but have darker wood so will have to change J gate Dash and possible change of the center console if the ivory doesn't blend well wit the sand

Old 02-04-2013, 12:45 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,144 Likes on 750 Posts

I would feel more comfortable (or shall I say, less worried) in putting interior parts like seats from an H-vin car than say electrical or mechanical components. If the features are the same on the seats, and you can't see any major seat module conflicts, I'd give it a shot. You can surely either inspect the connectors yourself, or have pics sent to you. Match up?

Old 02-05-2013, 04:54 AM

Thank you for quick response they sent me a few more pictures and I had to phone to check. But sadly the seats don't have the rear entertainment panel so that is annoying. They are going to try and find me a single seat in colour I want shame as these were heated and cooled with no marks and all door cards for £300 or like umm 500 buck with 120 bucks delivery next day

Old 02-05-2013, 09:50 AM
Veteran member
Received 1,144 Likes on 750 Posts

Have you contacted any upholstery shops to see what they would charge for either doing just the driver seat, or both fronts IF they can't get the exact same hide color? They surely can use the same piping so that shouldn't be a problem for them.

Old 02-05-2013, 06:37 PM

Think that is what I shall do need to change my wheel bearing first and get tranny serviced o and sort paint and then sort out my white smoke. White smoke annoying as not losing oil or coolant and no codes just likes to smoke a lot even under acceleration saw a post a while ago turned out to be a piston ring bu t I found this and thought it was more likely my problem.

What a thread!

Now here's my take....

Alot of these *******s have come in exhibiting the same thing as Phillip's car. What we found was the PCV valve, AND bank B cam cover, which houses the part load breather, were not operating properly causing oil to pool up inside the intake manifold. What I've done to the several I have fixed was replace PCV, replace bank b cam cover assy, remove intake manifold, pour that oil into my lawn mower, clean out the inside of that intake real nice and properly like, and reinstall. Fixes em up real nice.

NOW, that is not to say Phillip didn't have a bum engine.....I am just saying this is ANOTHER thing to look for IF any of you techs or Jag drivers ever comes across this heinous, climate changing issue.