XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Stage 1 air intake tubes now available.

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 10:55 AM
Received 132 Likes on 67 Posts
Default What tpye of Gallon?

Originally Posted by alecescolme
Caldoofy (John) is from Newcastle, so made in UK, pm him.
Not sure about MPG, only know that mine gets 30+ on the motorway
Hello,
Was curious to know if that's an American gallon or an Imperial gallon? For those who don't know, the American is 3.8l per and the Imperial is 4.5l per. Thanks!

R,
Ragman!!!

Old 07-27-2016, 02:19 PM
Received 134 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by ragman1171
Hello,
Was curious to know if that's an American gallon or an Imperial gallon? For those who don't know, the American is 3.8l per and the Imperial is 4.5l per. Thanks!

R,
Ragman!!!
Imperial/British Gallons

Old 07-27-2016, 03:26 PM
Received 237 Likes on 139 Posts

Anyone have any proof this intake adds horsepower? Maybe the extra blower whine has a placebo effect?

Old 07-27-2016, 08:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by caldoofy
Afternoon all,

Just got back from the workshop working on the ideas for the carbon fibre air intake system. While there we knocked up one of the 'standard' type air intake tubes and have decided to offer these as a stage 1 kit (please forgive the blue silicon in the pictures if anyone wants one it will come with black silicon and stainless jubilee clips.

The major difference between ours and the normal ones is that you dont need to cut the oil breather hose or even replace it! this tube will accept the jaguar push on fitting, reducing the need to chop yours and allowing you to return to stock easily and without damage.

Also the end nearest the cast part of the inlet has been shaped to better resemble the oval shape providing better asthetics and a smoother transition from the round 3 inch T304 stainless pipe to the oval.

I can offer these for £105 complete with the 2x silicon joiners (in black), polished finish and 4x stainless jubilee clips plus fitting instructions. Installation should take no longer then 15-20 mins and the gains have all been proven. I will be doing dyno comparisons between stock, stage 1 and stage 2 (carbon full intake) as soon as the carbon one is done.

Delivery costs to the UK will be £5, if there is any interest from abroad will get the shipping costs for these as and when.

Some pictures.

The tubes will come polished as in the picture and fit very well. (It was raning on this one!)

Turned stainless fitting TIG welded to the tube for jaguar oil breather hose.

Standard oil breather fitted (sorry about the pic quality)

If anyone is interested let me know and we will go from there.

Cheers.
Yes, I'd be interested in what you did.

Old 07-27-2016, 08:37 PM
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by viper1996
Anyone have any proof this intake adds horsepower? Maybe the extra blower whine has a placebo effect?
From what I've read one member had a faulty airbox flap and then removed it and installed this intake. He picked up 10 hp but it was not a fair comparison because he made two changes.

My tube is on it's way to me. I'm not going to waste any money on a dyno, I bought it for the extra intake noise.

If you have an XJR and you want more power, put in a locking differential, it is a better next step for power.

Old 07-28-2016, 03:55 AM
Received 214 Likes on 113 Posts

The car did 462 hp on the dyno with a maximum of 650 Nm torque, the car has my intake on, K+n filter, flap mod, a full twin 2.5 inch exhaust with X pipe, 200 cell sport cats and running Royal purple xpr oil.

The dyno was carried out at Motorsport Developments in Blackpool who are a well respected tuner who pride themselves on accurately reporting results saying on their site that their runs are often lower than other dyno operators!

I did not get a before reading unfortunately so cannot report the overall gain for these mods but clearly the tube must have an effect. The topic of power gains for the intake alone has been well documented on the s type section, search is your friend.

One of the best mods I have done so far is putting the 295s on the back, giving it more of a chance to get the power to the road, when I am able to I will also get a diff as this will again have a huge effect.

Last edited by caldoofy; 07-28-2016 at 03:58 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by caldoofy:
bdragomir (07-30-2016), Datsports (09-22-2016)
Old 07-28-2016, 08:18 AM
Received 237 Likes on 139 Posts

OK Thanks...Going to search the S type section and see...

Old 07-29-2016, 12:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought one of these from Caldoofy about a year and a half ago. I installed it into my 2005 and loved it, truly a 15 minute installation. The sound it lets come thru from the SC is amazing. I removed it right before I sold the car and still have it if anybody Stateside would like to make me an offer for it. Still in perfect condition complete with blue hose connections and clamps, just like the one pictured. I am located in South Florida and will gladly ship within the continental 48. Just drop me a message.

Old 07-30-2016, 02:50 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I received John's tube! I installed it easy, very easy (about 5 minutes) and I am surprised how much of a difference it makes. Contrary to what the others were commenting the sound didn't change almost at all (just the SC whine pitch is a bit higher) but the pickup is noticeable quicker. The delivery was exactly as promised shipping was at 4 wk and received at the end of the 6 week. Thank you John!

Old 09-19-2016, 12:27 PM
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts

Hello Caldoofy,
I am also interested in one. Sent you a PM.
Thanks!

Old 09-22-2016, 04:36 AM

What ever happened to the Stage 2, carbon fiber models that were being worked on?

Old 02-24-2019, 06:55 PM

Hi Caldoofy,

I really liked your intake designed and would like to buy one. I am in the USA, New York.
Please let me know how we can go about it.

Thank a lot!

Old 02-26-2019, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Estecol29
Hi Caldoofy,

I really liked your intake designed and would like to buy one. I am in the USA, New York.
Please let me know how we can go about it.

Thank a lot!
Thanks, send me a PM and we can go from there ( may need to get your post count up first).

The following users liked this post:
Estecol29 (02-26-2019)
Old 02-26-2019, 08:24 PM

Hey thanks for getting back to me. Im not sure how to bring my post count up.

You can email me at PERSONAL CONTACT INFO DELETED

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Don B; 03-06-2019 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Personal contact info posted in public forum. Please use Private Message instead.
Old 02-28-2019, 03:05 AM

Hey,

OK i will try. Would you be able to email me at PERSONAL CONTACT INFO DELETED

Last edited by Don B; 03-06-2019 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Personal contact info posted in public forum. Please use Private Message instead.
Old 03-06-2019, 02:40 PM
Received 12,737 Likes on 6,379 Posts

Hi Estecol29,

I have deleted your personal contact information from your posts in this public forum. Identity thieves, spammers, scammers and other ne'er-do-wells troll public forums seeking your personal info. Why make their jobs easier?

Please use the Private Message system to contact other members. If you have not yet earned Private Message privileges, try "Thanking" posts you find helpful, since each "Thanks" counts as a post and may help you earn the greater forum privileges.

Cheers,

Don

Last edited by Don B; 03-06-2019 at 02:45 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Don B:
Andiepops (06-05-2019), EssOess (03-14-2019), RadianceRedXJR (07-16-2019)
Old 05-12-2019, 05:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Member Jaguar Stype R

In actual fact the airbox is ok, removing the flap on the front of it along with the standard 'cold air feed' does not offer a restriction. The stage 2 relates to the cast aluminium pipe that goes from the throttle body to the air intake tube, on removing this it was again apparent that there is room for improvement as far as smoothing out the airflow goes. The plan is to produce a one piece deal to go from maf to throttle body creating the smoothest possible route. As this is something new I will be testing a mockup version on the rolling road to confirm an increase in crank horse power (chp) before offering the units out. If there is no proven gain I won't have them made.

After that I will be following the induction route to its next port of call, the supercharger itself to see what can be done with that.
I would like to purchase one I’m new in this forum

The following users liked this post:
Andiepops (06-05-2019)
Old 05-12-2019, 05:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lenny

In actual fact the airbox is ok, removing the flap on the front of it along with the standard 'cold air feed' does not offer a restriction. The stage 2 relates to the cast aluminium pipe that goes from the throttle body to the air intake tube, on removing this it was again apparent that there is room for improvement as far as smoothing out the airflow goes. The plan is to produce a one piece deal to go from maf to throttle body creating the smoothest possible route. As this is something new I will be testing a mockup version on the rolling road to confirm an increase in crank horse power (chp) before offering the units out. If there is no proven gain I won't have them made.

After that I will be following the induction route to its next port of call, the supercharger itself to see what can be done with that.
[QUOTE=Lenny Lomeli;2069314]I would like to purchase one I’m new in this forum please email me [PERSONAL CONTACT INFORMATION REMOVED - Use Private Message Instead]

Last edited by Don B; 05-12-2019 at 11:29 AM.
Old 05-12-2019, 10:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 786 Likes on 664 Posts

Posting the price would be good to know, I M H O.

Old 05-13-2019, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Wingrider
Posting the price would be good to know, I M H O.
Price depends on where you live, I've sent these out all over the world now.

As a guide, to the UK delivered is £140.
To USA is $200 delivered by international track and sign.

Turnaround times are currently around 4 weeks, these are made to order.

Other common questions are :-

'What is the difference between my tube and the Mina one?'

Mine is 80mm stainless steel with a fitting that accepts the standard oem oil breather tube. Mina is 75mm Aluminium without the unique fitting.

'What happened to the stage 2s?'

Stage 2s never got off the ground unfortunately, the master part was made but after being messed about by carbon part manufacturers I lost interest in the project and switched to looking at exhaust manifold development.

'What other parts can you offer?'

I can offer the new four branched manifolds in stainless steel incorporating sport cats for £1800 the pair plus delivery, these have just made 31hp extra at the wheels on a back to back Dyno run to show their effectiveness, the car already had sport cats on before the manifolds were fitted so this gain is purely the manifolds on their own.

I can offer XJR/XJ V8 x350/358 full systems again in stainless steel, twin 2.5 inch from cat back incorporating X pipe in place of front silencer, two small silencers in front of the diff then on to two larger silencers at the rear, result is purposeful sound with no drone on cruise. These are top end quality ( mine has been on the car for 6 years with zero issues). Price is £1200 including delivery to the UK ( or free fitting if brought to Newcastle upon Tyne), delivery to the rest of the world available on application.

I can also do some 200 cell sport cats to fit to standard manifolds, bolt on to standard flange with 2.5 inch exits. £900 a pair delivered.

Other things in the pipeline too👍

The following 2 users liked this post by caldoofy:
Andiepops (06-05-2019), Panthro (05-26-2019)

Quick Reply: Stage 1 air intake tubes now available.