XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

XJR on Craiglist

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2019, 08:57 AM
Received 93 Likes on 63 Posts

According to my numbers there were only ever 784 Super V8s built for world consumption and 124 were indeed 2006 model year cars. I don't know if the Portfolios were in addition to those numbers, or included.

Regards
Jeff

Old 05-09-2019, 09:01 AM
Received 137 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Brewster411
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that "lifetime spring setup" means the suspension has been converted to conventional springs.

$51,000 has been spent to maintain and repair that car? Sheesh. But current owner can't even spring to have the car detailed... Lots of puffery in that ad, but it might be a decent car.
I've seen a dealer use "upgraded springs" in reference to a Range Rover.

Old 05-09-2019, 12:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

UPDATE: Seller accepted my offer for the Colorado Jag, inspection results were good, I'm flying out on Sunday with my fiancee' to test drive. You folks may see me reintroduce myself in the Welcome forum, with pictures this time, soon. I hope. Keep your fingers crossed for me, first time buying a car out of state.

Old 05-09-2019, 01:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,166 Likes on 2,335 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueWarlock
UPDATE: Seller accepted my offer for the Colorado Jag, inspection results were good, I'm flying out on Sunday with my fiancee' to test drive. You folks may see me reintroduce myself in the Welcome forum, with pictures this time, soon. I hope. Keep your fingers crossed for me, first time buying a car out of state.
Ask him to box up the extra set of tires. You'll have to ship them home. I sold my SV8 with a set of tires. The guy had no plan when he flew in. He thought he'd just "fit them all in the car". The SV8 could only carried one tire at a time, so that was 4 trips to UPS. Luckily it was only 10 minutes from my home. You'll just save yourself a lot of time if he can box them up ahead of time and you're even better off if he has a truck...

Good luck with the test drive.

Old 05-09-2019, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Sean W
Ask him to box up the extra set of tires. You'll have to ship them home. I sold my SV8 with a set of tires. The guy had no plan when he flew in. He thought he'd just "fit them all in the car". The SV8 could only carried one tire at a time, so that was 4 trips to UPS. Luckily it was only 10 minutes from my home. You'll just save yourself a lot of time if he can box them up ahead of time and you're even better off if he has a truck...

Good luck with the test drive.
Good grief, I never even accounted for that. I honestly did think that two could be fit in the rear seat, two in the trunk. Not so?

That adds a wrinkle. I don't think the seller has any boxes he could use to do that. I guess that will mean at least one trip to UPS to have two of the wheels shipped (surely I can fit ONE in the trunk and one in the back seat), leaving two for me to cart them home.

Old 05-09-2019, 05:45 PM
Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

Good grief, I never even accounted for that. I honestly did think that two could be fit in the rear seat, two in the trunk. Not so?

That adds a wrinkle. I don't think the seller has any boxes he could use to do that. I guess that will mean at least one trip to UPS to have two of the wheels shipped (surely I can fit ONE in the trunk and one in the back seat), leaving two for me to cart them home.
Only one will fit in the trunk. I think I was able to fit two in the backseat and one in the front seat. I'm glad it was a short trip to the tire shop lol.

Old 05-09-2019, 06:30 PM

The extra wheels are snow tires, which I will have virtually no use for. I wonder if I should just have a shop remove the tires and then put 2 wheels in the trunk and 2 in the back seat. We could probably manage that.

Well, the seller is at least going to have them boxed up for me, so there's that. I guess it will be multiple trips to UPS for us. Thanks Sean for at least preparing me for that.

Old 05-10-2019, 11:04 AM
Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Yeah, it is surprising how little you can actually fit into what appears at first glance to be a big trunk. I was unable to fit two large suitcases for an airport pickup. I think the trunk on my X-Type is bigger.
Good luck Warlock, and hope everything is as advertised... She looks beautiful.

As for this one:

Originally Posted by groesa
Guys, What do you think of this one?
https://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/d...873273025.html

It looks nice, but that's way too many miles for that much money

Old 05-10-2019, 12:18 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Good luck with this. I had thought that a lonely XJR hidden away in a Craigslist ad needed broader exposure. Sorry for the lack on contact as this developed though. Been busy selling a house and dealing with other life challenges.

I sent you a PM about giving you a ride from the airport on Sunday if you need one. PM me back.

Last edited by paddyh; 05-10-2019 at 12:24 PM.
Old 05-10-2019, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mark in Maine
I dont think his numbers are exactly right about 124 SV8's. Maybe 124 Portfolio's, but that a whole different ball game. 165K with a gutted air suspension (lost that magic carpet ride) and too many emblems on the back. It would have to be really clean with bushings ect replaced for $9800. It does look clean and ride height looks good.
I post this here (shamefully stolen from the Jaguar Enthusiast Club website)
https://jec.org.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9138

X358 Super V8 Production Numbers Sought
yep figures as below

LWB s/c portfolio, worldwide, no split of rhd v lhd and no market info though

2005 264 cars
2007 1 car
2008 166 cars

all other years inc 2009 zero cars

LWB SV8 as above

2003 1 car
2004 209 cars
2005 328 cars
2006 124 cars
2007 65 cars
2008 50 cars
2009 7 cars

SWB SV8 again same breakdown

2002 23
2003 711
2004 235
2005 59
2006 108
2007 47
2008 55
2009 9

there are also the following odd *****

S/C portfolio, 2008, 30 cars
SE S/C SWB 2002, 2 cars
LIMO SWB S/C 2002 7 cars
VDP SV8 S/C LWB, 2002/9 1138 cars

and then

XJR SWB, 2002/9 7314 cars

Daimler SV8 S/C LWB 2005/9 731 cars

Old 05-10-2019, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by paddyh
Good luck with this. I had thought that a lonely XJR hidden away in a Craigslist ad needed broader exposure. Sorry for the lack on contact as this developed though. Been busy selling a house and dealing with other life challenges.

I sent you a PM about giving you a ride from the airport on Sunday if you need one. PM me back.
PM answered. This forum is amazing. What a cool bunch of people. And thanks for posting the ad in the first place -- I would never have seen it otherwise since I've been looking exclusively on Autotrader and Cargurus to do my hunting.

Old 05-10-2019, 09:34 PM
Received 137 Likes on 116 Posts
Default Could Not Resist Sharing This

2005 Super V8
BRG
19k miles
$18k

https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/c...878904803.html

Old 05-17-2019, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by paddyh
https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/...879301455.html
Happy to take a look if anyone is interested. I live nearby.
P
Not to resurrect what was becoming a mostly dead thread, but I wanted to give a big shout out to PaddyH for starting this thread. I flew up to Denver on Wednesday the 15th with my fiancee' and we test drove the car, loved it, and drove it home on Wednesday and Thursday! I guess it's time to update my introduction post.

The car is in immaculate condition mechanically and cosmetically with the exception of the tires, which were in good condition tread-wise but were original tires from 2004 on the fronts and tires from 2009 on the rears. At that age I don't care how good they look, I don't trust them. I had four new ones put on by a local shop before we headed home.

The drive home was pure pleasure. I have never owned a car this nice before. That adaptive cruise control is really something. So many other bells and whistles to play with! The magic carpet ride provided by the air suspension is unbelievable. And that lovely supercharged V8 under the hood -- put my foot down a little bit and the car moves out smartly. Put it down harder, it growls aggressively and really moves. Put it down REALLY hard and the supercharger screams that delicious banshee wail and it feels like I got kicked in the back by a horse.

I can already tell I'm going to love owning this car. Pictures will be forthcoming, but for now, THANK YOU to Paddy for posting here and drawing my attention to it.

cheers,
Phil

Old 05-17-2019, 08:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Not to resurrect what was becoming a mostly dead thread, but I wanted to give a big shout out to PaddyH for starting this thread. I flew up to Denver on Wednesday the 15th with my fiancee' and we test drove the car, loved it, and drove it home on Wednesday and Thursday! I guess it's time to update my introduction post.

The car is in immaculate condition mechanically and cosmetically with the exception of the tires, which were in good condition tread-wise but were original tires from 2004 on the fronts and tires from 2009 on the rears. At that age I don't care how good they look, I don't trust them. I had four new ones put on by a local shop before we headed home.

The drive home was pure pleasure. I have never owned a car this nice before. That adaptive cruise control is really something. So many other bells and whistles to play with! The magic carpet ride provided by the air suspension is unbelievable. And that lovely supercharged V8 under the hood -- put my foot down a little bit and the car moves out smartly. Put it down harder, it growls aggressively and really moves. Put it down REALLY hard and the supercharger screams that delicious banshee wail and it feels like I got kicked in the back by a horse.

I can already tell I'm going to love owning this car. Pictures will be forthcoming, but for now, THANK YOU to Paddy for posting here and drawing my attention to it.

cheers,
Phil
Phil,
I'm also a prospective buyer of a similar car with a few more miles. I was hoping you could offer some insight regarding the price you and the seller settled on. PM me if you would be so kind! Thanks!

Old 05-18-2019, 12:09 PM
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Smile

cheers,
Phil
That is really a fun experience. I did the same with my XJR. We flew to the hills above LA and drove to Las Vegas and then on to Denver. I'm glad you have a fun time. Be prepared for repairs to to pop up. I am glad you had fun enjoy your Jag.
Griff

Old 05-18-2019, 12:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,755 Likes on 1,326 Posts

Enjoy your car BlueWarlock!

I spent a year looking and researching 2004/5 Jaguar XJRs.

Many were 100s miles away and one day a 2005 MY popped up 20 miles away.

Told wife we were just going to look at it. Dealer had it on his showroom floor among off lease very high end cars.

The Jaguar was a "little lower end" than he was used to but he said he was impressed with it. A lady lawyer traded it in.

Anyway ended up buying it and love it!

Old 05-19-2019, 10:46 AM

cheers,
Phil
Glad the car worked out for you Phil. Sorry we couldn't meet up F2F. I would liked to have seen the car. Enjoy.

Old 05-19-2019, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by twilson465
Phil,
I'm also a prospective buyer of a similar car with a few more miles. I was hoping you could offer some insight regarding the price you and the seller settled on. PM me if you would be so kind! Thanks!
Tried to send you a PM but got a message saying you've chosen not to receive private messages or aren't allowed to receive them. Are you a new member? I wasn't able to send or receive messages till I'd been a member for a while and had posted several times.

Thanks to everyone who sent me congratulations! Paddy, I would have loved to buy you lunch but we were under a time crunch, especially after having to take time out to have four new tires mounted. Maybe next time.....we did like the area and may come back for a visit sometime.

Old 05-20-2019, 12:21 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

cheers,
Phil
I've had my '06 SV8 for two years now and it's still a pleasure to drive every day. Not to say I haven't had minor issues but I've gotten past them and the love affair continues.

Old 05-22-2019, 09:23 AM
Received 343 Likes on 206 Posts

The extra wheels are snow tires, which I will have virtually no use for. I wonder if I should just have a shop remove the tires and then put 2 wheels in the trunk and 2 in the back seat. We could probably manage that.

Well, the seller is at least going to have them boxed up for me, so there's that. I guess it will be multiple trips to UPS for us. Thanks Sean for at least preparing me for that.
From my experience a set of four wheels and tires will fit in the back seat. This is how I transport my seasonal tires when it’s time to change them. I have them in those tire tote thingies to keep the car from getting too dirty. Those of you who want a spotless car at all times may not want to, but it is technically possible. Even without tires, only one wheel fits in the trunk.