XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

ABS Pump Control Module/Anti Skid Controller

Old 11-05-2016, 08:53 PM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default ABS Pump Control Module/Anti Skid Controller

Hi
In working through a traction control/abs fault C1095 I sourced a complete second hand unit (all three components). When on the bench I compared it to the one removed from our 1996 XJR.
My concern is that the part number of the original is LNA 2210 BA, whilst the purchased unit is LNA 2210 BB.
Do I have a problem? I would greatly appreciate your expertise before I go through the brake bleeding process....potentially twice.
Thanks Charlie

Old 11-07-2016, 07:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,638 Likes on 1,066 Posts

These cars were built during Ford ownership. The part numbers are generally along the convention followed by Ford. I don't KNOW that they had instituted their system at that time but they did have WERS the Worldwide Engineering Release System back in the mid-90's when Jaguar was one of their premium brands.
Prefix (LNA) normally denoted the platform for which the part was first released. Base number (2210) indicated the part function. The suffix, (BA, BB) indicated a variation of the base part. Within WERS, only the 2nd letter would be rolled if the part was fit/form/function compatible with its predecessor. In this example, BB would supersede BA without any other required modification. However, LNA-2210-AA and LNA-2210-BA would likely be markedly different parts for different applications.

Again, that is true IF and only IF Ford had fully implemented their part-numbering system methodology into Jaguar at that point in time, of which I am unsure.

If you are of stout constitution, not squeamish about a bit of gentle tube bending, no need to go through the arduous bleeding procedure just to fit a new ABS module. Loosen the three nuts on the iso-fixing of the pump/module assy and roll the whole mess up, forward, and inboard enough to get at the torx fixings on the bottom of the module. R&R and ease it back down into place and secure it with the iso-mounts and bob's-yer-uncle!

Last edited by aholbro1; 11-07-2016 at 08:02 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Parker 7 (11-03-2023)
Old 11-07-2016, 03:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,781 Likes on 2,225 Posts

Usually, all that's required for P1095 is to open the case and resolder the pins for the pump connection. This is a typical Jag fault for the X300 and the V8. I have repaired both of my cars and several others.

Old 11-07-2016, 03:55 PM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Many thanks to RJ237 and aholbro1, for both your expertise and response. The brake bleeding wasn't a big issue this time as I took the opportunity to change the brake hoses.
Everything went reasonably straight ahead. Just before "beer oclock" I gingerly flicked the ignition key to the On position and was rewarded with no orange error lights, bar the engine check one which extinguishes with starting......What a joy!!!!
I will now follow recomendations and carfully open up the original module on the bench and hopefully repair the circuit board.
So again thanks Charlie

RJ237 (11-07-2016)
Old 11-03-2023, 03:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS module

Originally Posted by charlie.p
Hi
In working through a traction control/abs fault C1095 I sourced a complete second hand unit (all three components). When on the bench I compared it to the one removed from our 1996 XJR.
My concern is that the part number of the original is LNA 2210 BA, whilst the purchased unit is LNA 2210 BB.
Do I have a problem? I would greatly appreciate your expertise before I go through the brake bleeding process....potentially twice.
Thanks Charlie
Hi Charlie just wondering if that part worked for you? I see a lot of BBs for sale but no BAs
I made the mistake of ordering LNA 2210 AA which wouldn't fit. So now I'm trying to source another used part.
Many thanks
Tony

Old 11-03-2023, 05:18 PM
Received 7,862 Likes on 4,752 Posts

There are 2 different ABS control modules. Traction Control and Except Traction Control.

Parker 7 (11-03-2023)
Old 11-03-2023, 09:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by motorcarman
There are 2 different ABS control modules. Traction Control and Except Traction Control.
Many thanks
yes i made the mistake of buying LNA 2210 AA which i believe does not have traction control.
I am hoping that LNA 2210 BB is the correct one but not sure don’t want to make another mistake