XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

AC Stopped Working

Old 09-07-2011, 04:28 PM
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Unhappy AC Stopped Working

Hi Everyone,
Well it's a heat wave in Southern British Columbia and it's getting a little irritating driving the ever so beautiful Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas. The air conditioning has been having issues for about a month now. At first it would come and go. Extremely cold one day & than just air the next. Every time I've tested it in the past few weeks it's just been blowing air, no air conditioning.

Could it be blown fuse, lose wire or perhaps the AC unit needs a little tap? I find it odd that it was working on & off in the beginning, which makes me think something just needs to be hit with a rubber mallet? Haha.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! If anybody could direct me in the right direction of where I can find the AC pump that would be great.

Thank you!

Old 09-07-2011, 05:26 PM
Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by holybananas
Hi Everyone,
Well it's a heat wave in Southern British Columbia and it's getting a little irritating driving the ever so beautiful Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas. The air conditioning has been having issues for about a month now. At first it would come and go. Extremely cold one day & than just air the next. Every time I've tested it in the past few weeks it's just been blowing air, no air conditioning.

Could it be blown fuse, lose wire or perhaps the AC unit needs a little tap? I find it odd that it was working on & off in the beginning, which makes me think something just needs to be hit with a rubber mallet? Haha.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! If anybody could direct me in the right direction of where I can find the AC pump that would be great
Since it is intermittent, it won't be a fuse - could be a loose wire, but I doubt it.

Have you checked the low/high side pressures (static and when running)? It's possible it's low on refrigerant. Start with the simple stuff first.

Old 09-15-2011, 08:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 324 Likes on 276 Posts

Sounds like maybe the blend door or its servo is sticking. I suggest getting the pressures checked first since that's cheap. If everythign is working, I'd start looking at the box under the dash.