XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

Extended centre console

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 01:28 AM
Veteran Member
Received 425 Likes on 325 Posts
Default Extended centre console

I have noticed several pics of X300's with a rear mounted console section which effectively extends the centre console i.e. positioned on the trans tunnel between the back of the standard console and the rear seat. It could be standard on Daimler or Heritage models?? not sure. It is even pictured in my owners manual but with no detail as to which model/s are fitted with it. I'd love to fit one in my X300 Sport but can't find any stockists listing it, or any information on it being available as a separate item. Does anyone have more info please?

Cheers,

Old 11-03-2014, 08:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 10,757 Likes on 7,101 Posts

Here's the listing from the parts catalog:

Console Extension and Fittings - Parts For XJ Series from (V)720125 to (V)812255 (X300) | Jaguar Heritage Parts UK

Many parts numbers are shown. I randomly checked a few and they were 'Not available'...which isn't surprising. Something like this would be a low-demand item so there's little sense in keeping it in production very long.

So, I looks like you'll have to find a good used one.

Cheers
DD

The following users liked this post:
jagent (11-03-2014)
Old 11-07-2014, 01:23 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a extension in my VDP with wood burl inlay and jaguar symbol. I intend on installing a rear seat business console in mine so i would consider selling you the extension if the price is right as i'd be removing it anyway.
-E

jagent (11-08-2014)
Old 11-07-2014, 03:13 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks, I will PM you.

Old 11-07-2014, 03:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 672 Likes on 495 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by elithrift
I have a extension in my VDP with wood burl inlay and jaguar symbol. I intend on installing a rear seat business console in mine so i would consider selling you the extension if the price is right as i'd be removing it anyway.
-E

Is this the extended console that extends back and up between the rear seats I've seen in past models, but didn't realize/remember that it came on the X300.

I assume you would have to also replace the rear seats?

Al

Old 11-08-2014, 12:57 AM
Veteran Member

No Al, it is a fairly short section which mounts on the tranny hump and finishes at the rear seat cushion. It doesn't affect the seat itself but IMO it creates a more luxurious finish and a "divided" appearance to the rear floor area. It does occur to me that the centre rear seat passenger may find it less convenient, but I don't usually run with 5 people on board!

Old 11-08-2014, 04:21 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jagent
No Al, it is a fairly short section which mounts on the tranny hump and finishes at the rear seat cushion. It doesn't affect the seat itself but IMO it creates a more luxurious finish and a "divided" appearance to the rear floor area. It does occur to me that the centre rear seat passenger may find it less convenient, but I don't usually run with 5 people on board!
Interesting, do you have a photo of it?

Old 11-08-2014, 05:05 PM
Veteran Member

The latest pic I've seen is in "My X300 Rebuild Project", a recent thread by Brendan. The rear console shows clearly in one of his project book photos (PDF attachment). Maybe you can check this out, I don't want to copy the photo here without Brendan's permission...

Cheers,

Old 11-08-2014, 05:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,638 Likes on 1,066 Posts

NOt a great pic, but I believe this is what we are talking about?
Name:  IMG_20140526_103428_zps1a56bb14.jpg
Views: 692
Size:  56.9 KB

jagent (11-08-2014)
Old 11-08-2014, 05:44 PM
Veteran Member

Yep, that's the one!

Old 11-08-2014, 09:47 PM
Veteran Member

Ah, thanks, I was asking about a photo of the 'business console' that elithrift said he was thinking about installing.

..... I saw a photo of an 'executive' rear seating setup on a European/UK Jag at some point that had the 'business console' that I suspect he is referring and it actually extended to the rear and the rear seats became buckets that also reclined. Not sure where I saw that, but it looked interesting.

The 'tray' extension you are showing above was standard for all X300s that had rear heated seats. You should have no trouble finding one as I see them used on eBay, etc quite frequently.

Last edited by al_roethlisberger; 11-08-2014 at 09:50 PM.
Old 11-09-2014, 06:16 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by al_roethlisberger
Ah, thanks, I was asking about a photo of the 'business console' that elithrift said he was thinking about installing.

..... I saw a photo of an 'executive' rear seating setup on a European/UK Jag at some point that had the 'business console' that I suspect he is referring and it actually extended to the rear and the rear seats became buckets that also reclined. Not sure where I saw that, but it looked interesting.

The 'tray' extension you are showing above was standard for all X300s that had rear heated seats. You should have no trouble finding one as I see them used on eBay, etc quite frequently.

I have the rear tray in mine but don't think my rear seats are heated (would the switches be in the rear too?)

Here are some photos I have of the 'executive' rear seat option that I think you are referring to:

Name:  Console2_zps707aa7b1.jpg
Views: 1001
Size:  43.3 KB

Name:  Console1_zps9c198f3b.jpg
Views: 859
Size:  40.4 KB

al_roethlisberger (11-09-2014)
Old 11-09-2014, 09:33 AM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by v12d6
I have the rear tray in mine but don't think my rear seats are heated (would the switches be in the rear too?)

Here are some photos I have of the 'executive' rear seat option that I think you are referring to:

Ahh yes! Beautiful!!

Old 11-09-2014, 10:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,638 Likes on 1,066 Posts

I'm beginning to get the idea my VDP is very sparsely equipped from the recent threads; No Trac-Cntrl, no heated rear seats, heck, doesn't really even have heated front seats, although a PO repaired the clock with one from a heated seats model (and I've since added a blanket in the driver's seat during a leather repair - REALLY enjoying that mod as fall sets in)

I'll be fitting a simplified Trac-Cntrl in the form of a new set of Mich's in the next few weeks....soon as I can get it back to Trevor for a proper alignment!

I like the Exec console above! Was it fitted to NA models? Middle seat in the 95 VDP (SWB) provides scant comfort as it doubles as your glove box.

Old 11-09-2014, 03:56 PM
Veteran Member

I had never realised so many different rear seating configurations were available across these models! The exec. console certainly looks impressive and I think it looks more suited to a LWB car. My rear seat is the usual one-piece seat cushion with an armrest which pulls down from the seat back. This set up definitely wouldn't accommodate the full exec console and I have no intention of discarding my rear seat which is in perfect condition.

I'll be happy to find the extension tray section. Have scoured eBay without success so far, maybe I'm plugging in the wrong keywords...

Old 11-09-2014, 08:07 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jagent
I had never realised so many different rear seating configurations were available across these models! The exec. console certainly looks impressive and I think it looks more suited to a LWB car. My rear seat is the usual one-piece seat cushion with an armrest which pulls down from the seat back. This set up definitely wouldn't accommodate the full exec console and I have no intention of discarding my rear seat which is in perfect condition.

I'll be happy to find the extension tray section. Have scoured eBay without success so far, maybe I'm plugging in the wrong keywords...

Here's one:

95 96 97 Jaguar Vanden Plas Rear Console Tray Storage Wood Trim Read Add | eBay

jagent (11-09-2014)
Old 11-09-2014, 08:14 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by aholbro1
I'm beginning to get the idea my VDP is very sparsely equipped from the recent threads; No Trac-Cntrl, no heated rear seats, heck, doesn't really even have heated front seats, although a PO repaired the clock with one from a heated seats model (and I've since added a blanket in the driver's seat during a leather repair - REALLY enjoying that mod as fall sets in)

I'll be fitting a simplified Trac-Cntrl in the form of a new set of Mich's in the next few weeks....soon as I can get it back to Trevor for a proper alignment!

I like the Exec console above! Was it fitted to NA models? Middle seat in the 95 VDP (SWB) provides scant comfort as it doubles as your glove box.

....I agree, that seems odd. I thought the VDP was fairly "loaded" and had few options? I would think it would be hard to get/order a VDP without many of the luxury options

Old 11-09-2014, 08:19 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks for that. Actually after my last posting I went direct to the eBay U.S. site instead of the Australian site (which also usually lists items from overseas sellers as well) and saw the one you have found. The issues for me are the poor condition of it, plus the postage will double the price. I'd also have to change the wood insert to the dark birdseye wood finish in my Sport model (same as that fitted to XJR's). Overall, after purchase and restoration it will be pretty expensive. I'll keep looking for a while, but thanks again for the tip!

Old 11-09-2014, 08:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 243 Likes on 169 Posts

Jaguar XJ8 Console Rear Leather Tray Heated Seat Switch 1998 2003 Vanden Plas | eBay

Here's another one, slightly different as it has the controls for heated rear seats and is technically for a X308, but may still work for you.

jagent (11-09-2014)
Old 11-10-2014, 11:34 AM
Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts

Here's another one, slightly different as it has the controls for heated rear seats and is technically for a X308, but may still work for you.[/QUOTE]

That's interesting, its exactly what I have in my 97 XJ6L. The seat heaters don't work but the lights do. They did work at one time though.

Quick Reply: Extended centre console