XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

Fuel pump for $12.50 with free shipping???

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 09:24 PM
Received 172 Likes on 109 Posts
Default Fuel pump for $12.50 with free shipping???

OK, I received the Ebay $12.50 fuel pump today but the free shipping did not turn out so well. The post office said it was overweight and charged me $3.75 for the extra weight.

Just an FYI to everyone.

Old 03-02-2017, 11:00 PM
Received 12,737 Likes on 6,379 Posts

Originally Posted by JensenHealey
OK, I received the Ebay $12.50 fuel pump today but the free shipping did not turn out so well. The post office said it was overweight and charged me $3.75 for the extra weight
You should be able to ask the seller to reimburse you via the eBay buyer protection service.

Is the pump marked with a manufacturer's name or country of origin?

Cheers,

Don

Old 03-03-2017, 07:31 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,638 Likes on 1,066 Posts

Extra weight? Did they include the evap hoses? (I've bought 3 of those pumps, the first for $14-$15, which included the evap hose and clamps at the top of the tank.) The other two, ordered together but several years later, were only $12.50 but sans hoses.

Now I guess I need to get one of those $10 S-Type pumps to have on-hand......

FWIW, I had a recent experience via eBay that was similar with a power supply for LED's ....approximate same value, $12 something....Post Office left a note on the door that they had a package for me, but postage due, so they couldn't leave it. Had to make a special trip to the local post office during their "working" hours....which isn't nearly as "local" as it sounds...while only about 5 mi from the house....I work (before, during, and AFTER their working hours) an hour's commute away. Think the shortage was $1.73 or some such. Anyway, I sent the seller a note, suggesting before I left feedback they should know my experience. I got a quick reply expressing shock and explaining she had printed the wrong label and that there was no way she could make up for the bad experience but would happily refund the entire purchase price even though that would not be adequate compensation.

Naturally, I told her for the timely response and contrite attitude expressed, I was adequately compensated, bade her keep the purchase price and I left a positive feedback, indicating the seller's response to problems was exemplary and customer-focused!

Last edited by aholbro1; 03-03-2017 at 07:42 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Don B (03-03-2017)