XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

Jaguar Alarm Modes

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 08:16 AM
Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Jaguar Alarm Modes

Hi to everyone who reads this post!

I have a short question about the alarm system used in the x300.

I was searching and trolling thru the forum and I noticed some posts about alarm systems, and all the other various posts about electronics.

Anyways, it took my interest en I start learning about the systems in our Jags and one of them is the alarm system.

While reading I found a part about the fob. A part about the working of the fob and how fragile it actually is. Anyways maybe someone else can clarify this for me :

When you press once at the big button of the fob it closes all the doors, the luggage compartment and the gas cap door. Now it says it enables the outside perception of the alarm and it shows you by flickering the direction lights.

When you press twice at the big button of the fob it closes all the doors, the luggage compartment and the gas cap door. Now it says it enables the inside perception of the alarm and the alarm for tilting the car. After locking the car it gives you one beep signal.

So I thought I had learned something new about my own car and want to try it out! I went outside and did the same thing as I read on the page about the alarm. Exactly as I read it, the car respond fine to all the actions I did.

Now my question : Is my car not safe enough with pressing just one time? Why when i lock the car with fob I don't get max security with just one press? Why are there 2 modes?

What is this outside perception of the alarm system? My first thought is that when you are near the car it will sound an alarm? But that sounds strange as you are not able to park the car anywhere where are a lot of peeps around it.

When I press the buttons twice, I also hear an extra sound coming from the back, as in closing something up.Like the door locks, but much softer sound. There is not really a difference in the 2 modes, the doors, gas cap, boot everything is closed.

Cheers and thanks!

Old 09-09-2013, 01:04 PM
Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

As I understand it the second press invokes the dead locking.

A third press will turn the headlights on for 30 seconds so you can see in the dark

Old 09-09-2013, 01:18 PM

Invokes the dead locking? What does this mean?

My alarm manual clearly says, press only 1 time : all locks, outside alarm.

2nd time pressing : all locks, tilt alarm and inside alarm.

When I want to break in, I would smash a glass. since the inside alarm is not active because I only pressed once, there would be no alarm sounding? Same as hijacking the car when you tilt it and remove it with an ambulance.

For maximum security I will start to press it twice now?

Anyways it confuses me, and I guess seeing the 50 views and only 1 small reaction it is a mystery!

Also what is the extra sound coming from the right backside hehe

Thanks all though who viewed and didn't respond, guess we all learned something new here?

Cheers!

Old 09-09-2013, 02:23 PM
Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Dead locking means that you cannot unlock the door by pulling on the handle inside.

If you get into your car press the big button once it will lock everything, now pull the interior handle and the door will unlock.

Next press the button twice and try again.

Old 09-09-2013, 02:30 PM

Allright, what is the purpose of this? I don't plan to kidnap somebody?

And why would that make sense, as the manual explains, it activates the inside alarm system? Meaning the intrusion detecting monitors up on the roof are active.

edit:

Okay I test it while inside the car : pressed one time, car opens fine, no alarm sounding.

pressed two times, car still opens fine except the alarm goes off straight away! So no deadlocking here.

I think I just to know how this work now! I think, When you want your alarm set and have max security press the button twice!

When you press it only once, it just locks the doors and, I don't know perhaps an option which I don't have ; enables outside protection peeps that try to come to close.. Must be..!

Last edited by Maraud; 09-09-2013 at 03:01 PM.