XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

Mina Exhaust x300

Old 02-23-2012, 07:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mina Exhaust x300

Has anyone invested in the Mina Exhaust for the x300 xj6? Really curious as to how it sounds/changes the car.

Old 02-24-2012, 10:03 PM
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Exhaust

Ive been thinking the same thing as well..I want to get my car up to shape and fix all my problems before I get into that stuff. Is there any other good exhaust for our cars?

Old 02-25-2012, 10:15 AM
Default BlueFlame

aside from the exhaust at Mina i know of one more from a manufacturer called Blueflame performance. Its so hard for me to make a decision because i want to make sure my Jag stays smooth with only a slight edge. Dont want to ruin it with some potentially overpriced junk.

Old 02-25-2012, 03:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,333 Likes on 1,053 Posts

Ah, Blueflame - would that be the same company that's just up the road from me?

They used to make TVR's exhaust systems, supplied my FIA approved catalytic converters (the only ones I know of).

Superb company, superb products - and they supply nearly every 'after market tuner' company with their systems.

Old 02-25-2012, 05:08 PM

Sean
Thats what everyone else has said to me about the company. i went on the site and it said for the xj6 setup comes with both silencers and resonators. i assume you have heard vehicles with their installed exhaust...( seeing that they are right up the street ) would you consider them for your ride?

BTW.. your car and wheels look great. been looking for those.

Old 02-26-2012, 05:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,333 Likes on 1,053 Posts

They've worked on my car - Dave Pike is my contact 'inside'. Give the guys a call and act poor! they'll help all they can.

The following users liked this post:
Justin Barnes (02-28-2012)
Old 06-20-2014, 06:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 672 Likes on 495 Posts

I know this is an old thread, and the one linked below is even older

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...-anyone-34207/

......but wondered if anyone ever did try out the X300 Mina exhaust and had any feedback on the quality, and also very curious about the sound.

As noted above, a 6 cylinder can sound pretty poor if the exhaust system isn't well done.

Also with the XJR (and other SC engines), just "opening up the system" may not be a good thing as there is a balance between intake and exhaust flow/pressure as designed. I'm no expert on this topic, but this is what I've read over the years. So it would be curious to know from Mina if their HP gain figures were for both a NA and SC X300.

Old 06-20-2014, 08:13 PM
Received 56 Likes on 47 Posts

I would leave things the way they are, I opened up my exhaust, made into a true dual exhaust, and lost half my boost. Now looking around for stock downpipes. Dont do it , focus attention on the intake and cooling sc air charge. after that, diff change and andy bracket. Thats all you can do.

The following users liked this post:
al_roethlisberger (06-21-2014)
Old 06-20-2014, 10:08 PM
Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by jeremiahjaguar
I would leave things the way they are, I opened up my exhaust, made into a true dual exhaust, and lost half my boost. Now looking around for stock downpipes. Dont do it , focus attention on the intake and cooling sc air charge. after that, diff change and andy bracket. Thats all you can do.
Jeremiah, do you think just replacing the mufflers for aero turbine but keeping the stock or even after market resonators and stock piping would affect performance?

Old 06-21-2014, 10:55 AM

I would think that as long as you dont mess with the downpipes on a sc car you will able to retain your boost, so changing mufflers and resonators would be ok.

Last edited by jeremiahjaguar; 06-21-2014 at 10:57 AM.
Old 06-21-2014, 10:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 672 Likes on 495 Posts

I would think that as long as you dont mess with the downpipes on a sc car you will able to retain your boost, so changing mufflers and resonators would be ok.
I think that is all the Mina system is, tailpipe and mufflers.

Al

Old 06-21-2014, 11:53 AM
Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts

I wonder if Doc's stainless steel manifolds would change the boost pressure?

Originally Posted by al_roethlisberger
I think that is all the Mina system is, tailpipe and mufflers.

Al
And yes, Mina is only muffler and tips.
But at $800 for two...
I just bought two Aero Turbine 2525XL mufflers which came out to about $190 shipped to my door and my local muffler shop installed both with tips for about $80
After, purchasing Mina's CAI and realizing what I got for the price I paid, all there stuff is overpriced for what it is.

Old 06-21-2014, 12:12 PM

Docs manifolds and downpipes are great because he has kept the design in order to maintain boost pressure, they go from two to one then back to one. Only thing is be sure to keep the o2 sensors in place, check to see if that is possible. Wonder if he can make a pair of shorty headers in order to keep the stock downpipes and o2 sensors, this I would purchase.

Old 06-23-2014, 10:34 AM
Received 91 Likes on 74 Posts

I wish I could find proper rear mufflers. My right side rear muffler rotted out, and the left wasn't too far behind. However, I could only find the left side.

Has anyone found an aftermarket unit that won't make it sound like a tin can? I've, temporarily, replaced both rear mufflers with straight pipe, and it drones inside like an old mother-in-law.

Old 07-03-2014, 07:22 AM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

If you lost boost pressure in the inlet I think the engine must have been flowing better as the output from the supercharger is linked directly to engine speed, unlike a turbo. So a drop in pressure should mean that the air is going in more easily, perhaps due to less backpressure, and the engine should make more power? Did you feel or measure any improvement?
My XJR6 went much better after I removed the downpipe cats and replaced the underfoor ones with high flow items from Magnaflow. I have tried with no rear boxes, and agree it sounds awfull under normal conditions. I was able to find cheap replacements in the UK but they are starting to corrode after only two or three years. The original over axle sections are starting to rust through and I am thinking of buying the streight through stainless replacements from AJ6 engineering but am worried that they might cause droning, although the standard back boxes would be retained. I would like a bit more engine sound, preferably a nice burble. It should be possible with a six cylinder as plenty of old sports cars sound nice.